View Full Version : Plugfest 2006 - Feb 11th

Slipknot
12-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Once again we can all get together and talk plugs, swap stuff and ideas,demonstrate,compete and of course EAT. This year it will once again be at The Mitchell Memorial Club in Middlboro MA just off rt. 28 near rt. 105. Time is from 9am to 4 pm. Admission is $10 to cover hall expense among other things. They have a full kitchen so bring some grub or whatever. We should have a signup thread for who is bringing what so we don't get 50,000 donuts or nobody bringing plates or something.
We will be having the plug competition again, read about it on canalman's thread.
We also would like to demonstrate airbrushing so if anyone has a portable spraybooth that we can use, that will be most helpful. We'll need one that is capable of filtering the overspray from Createx paints since we'll be indoors. Maybe a small compressor also depending on who will be doing the airbrushing. So bring your airbrushes and some primed blanks and maybe you can get a lesson or 2. And maybe someone can bring some of that Bernzy airbrush cleaner, hopefully Bernzy himself can make it but I understand it's a long way to come.
I am not sure if we are setting up a lathe again this year, most likely we will. So we can use help with those items again, a Jet or Delta mini-lathe, shopvac, a large tarp. I can bring extension cords.

If anyone has any items they would like to donate for a raffle for the site, feel free to help out as we usually conduct a raffle to raise money for the site to help pay the bills. Ticket will be available at the hall that day.

Any help with this is appreciated, so speak up if you can bring something, and once again we'll all help each other.

There might be someone to do a talk, we're working on that.

:wavey: OK see you all there.

justplugit
12-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Slip, are you having some advanced ticket sales to help defray some costs up front. :huh:

Slipknot
12-26-2005, 11:23 AM
Slip, are you having some advanced ticket sales to help defray some costs up front. :huh:

I don't think so.
I think JohnR can help with that.
I assume there will be enough people interested in this. All are welcome.

I hope some others can help out with this event as I haven't got the time to make a spraybooth at this time or in the near future.
Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

ThrowingTimber
12-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Slip I have a 5 gallon compressor I can bring if you want.

Peter Lajoie
12-27-2005, 07:02 PM
See you guys there:uhuh:

Flaptail
12-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Droolin' over plugs, swapping lies and dispensing methane, lookin' forward to it. How about a theme this year? I know all of you make some really beautiful stuff, one of a kinds with special paints, metal fins and a myriad of colors and shapes but how about anyone that brings plugs to show bring thier go to, number one fish takers? Evidence of fish catching ability such as scrapes ( bass leave tiny parallel scratches) scratches, chips, dings, divots and in a few cases in my pile, actual bluefish teeth, must be present on the plug.

I would like to see what people actually use.

Slipknot
12-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Good Idea Steve. Keep suggesting things please.

Thanks Timber :btu:

Moses
12-28-2005, 01:50 PM
Good Idea Steve, Keep suggesting things please.
:

I agree, very good idea. I for one would be very interested in seeing everyone share their "go to" plugs.

MAC
12-28-2005, 07:28 PM
I think I'll leave my plugs at home. John, I will have some plugs for you for the raffle table though.

Slipknot
12-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Come on Mac, I don't think that's the intention of either of the posts that I edited.
I know you have plenty of plugs that would fit either of those 2 catagories mentioned. Myself and others would like very much to see them.
You guys contribute alot here and we appreciate it. Plugs that never see water are still an inspiration to many.

Guys, don't worry about what others' opinions are about the works of art we all make, it only matters what you think about them. And it's each of ours' choice if we want to fish them or not.

I booked the hall today so we are all set for Feb. 11th 9am - 4 pm
setup at 8am and cleanup by 4.

vineyardblues
12-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Hi Paul :fishslap:

Happy New Year to All :buds:

I can bring some trashed up plugs no problem, thats easy!
If anyone is interested maybe Adam and myself / CS etc can also bring some old minty plugs ? I like the old Gibbs,Masterlure,Roman,Atom,Hicky,Lido, etc etc etc

Glad your doing the airbrush demo :hihi:

VB

justplugit
12-29-2005, 03:29 PM
i wanna see new Flap plugs. :boots: :uhuh:

Slipknot
12-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Can we get back to the thread now that I shortened it up a bit? I think all who were involved have had time to see the explanations by now.

Time to plan the plugfest:gu:

ProfessorM
12-30-2005, 11:09 AM
:cheers:

ThrowingTimber
12-30-2005, 01:19 PM
:btu:

humphrys
01-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Hi,

I have a spray booth that I got from work. They were throwing it out. It lists for $3000. Anyway, it has 3 exhaust fans that sit on the top. Each fan is separate. I'd be happy to bring one of the fans. The booth itself would work, but it's big. It's about 5' x 3'. The exhaust fan doesn't need to be vented outside. It has a charcoal filter.

Someone would need to provide a box to sit this on top of, or if anyone has a piece of plexi/lexan, say 24 x 24" I'll build the box so it will have the clear front. Let me know.

john

ThrowingTimber
01-10-2006, 10:21 AM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very cool of you man :bgi:

NIB
01-10-2006, 10:00 PM
I think I'll leave my plugs at home. .

So what uyr sayin is ur Plugs will be home alone???

MAC
01-13-2006, 09:20 PM
So what uyr sayin is ur Plugs will be home alone???

LOL, U funny guy.:hihi: :wavey:

lurch
01-16-2006, 02:22 PM
I want to start to learn to make some plugs so I believe I will be coming. Long ride but I think it will be worth it.

lurch
01-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Just looked at directions...1hr...nice :)

Slipknot
01-16-2006, 02:24 PM
You are all welcome to come to the fest.

I hope Bliz can make it and bring the plug project.:uhuh:

MAC
01-16-2006, 02:29 PM
I agree. Plug project should be there.:uhuh:

Bliz
01-16-2006, 10:53 PM
I will get it to JohnR as to insure it will be there on the 11th.

ThrowingTimber
01-17-2006, 07:26 AM
:laughs:

Slipknot
01-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Nice
thanks Bliz :btu:

Flaptail
01-17-2006, 02:37 PM
i wanna see new Flap plugs. :boots: :uhuh:

So don't I. So much to do so little time.

Peter Lajoie
01-17-2006, 02:53 PM
:hee:

thefishingfreak
01-17-2006, 06:37 PM
AYE' bliz
take the flag out.
that ones for you...:humpty:

MAC
01-17-2006, 06:43 PM
AYE' bliz
take the flag out.
that ones for you...:humpty:

:claps:

Slipknot
01-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Hi,

I have a spray booth that I got from work. They were throwing it out. It lists for $3000. Anyway, it has 3 exhaust fans that sit on the top. Each fan is separate. I'd be happy to bring one of the fans. The booth itself would work, but it's big. It's about 5' x 3'. The exhaust fan doesn't need to be vented outside. It has a charcoal filter.

Someone would need to provide a box to sit this on top of, or if anyone has a piece of plexi/lexan, say 24 x 24" I'll build the box so it will have the clear front. Let me know.

john

John, that's nice of you. I don't have any lexan or plexi but could whip up a box out of plywood if you need. PM me any details or maybe we can talk about it.

Thanks