View Full Version : Turning wood at MSBA show?

ragfly
02-08-2006, 02:01 AM
Are they turning wood at this years MSBA show? I really enjoyed watching them last year. Hopefully by this time next year I will be attempting it.

Slipknot
03-09-2006, 01:40 PM
:huh: well

anybody?

MAC
03-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Things have been quiet. maybe it isn't going to happen.:huh:

Squid kids Dad
03-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Ask BF Larry...:uhuh:

BasicPatrick
03-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Q is Are they going to be turnng wood at the MSBA Expo.

Answer ios Hell Yes. This year there will be a "Do It Yourself Theatre" where expo attendees will have the opportunity to learn about different aspects of the at home tackle building craze.

We are still working on the list of presenters fof this theatre but should have a firm schedule posted next week.

MAC
03-10-2006, 07:06 AM
For your and the clubs benefit I hope you don't mean letting the public use tools. ie; hands on. If you do mean this I feel you are asking for trouble. Good luck to who ever you have in there. Too high risk if you ask me. Last year went safely but you have to remember that all 3 of us work with the tools everyday in our trade.
just my .02 not that it means anything.

BigFish
03-10-2006, 07:09 AM
Not sure MAC but I think he just means demos....I am out of the loop but I know the club would never allow a hands on....neither would the insurance carrier.:rtfm:

I am gonna guess he has a plug demo, a rod building demo....etc.

Slipknot
03-10-2006, 07:14 AM
I don't think he means that Mac.

I replied on Bigfish's thread in the plug forum and said I should be able to help out but no further discussion has gone on so I assume MSBA must be all set with volunteers to spin wood :huh: If I get an answer that I am not needed for turning wood, then I will then know if I will be able to let Reelecstasy know that I can help out with the show in some other way as a volunteer, but maybe by then they will be all set.I don't know. Maybe someone in charge can PM me with some answers. thanks

NIB
03-10-2006, 07:36 AM
Can't top last yr's performance IMHO.
Why mess with a good thing?????

Flaptail
03-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Can't top last yr's performance IMHO.
Why mess with a good thing?????

I would love to see Tony turn for a bit, then again I might fall asleep, never mind.:bshake: :laughs: :jump1: :wave: :jump: hahahahahaha!!!!!!

NIB
03-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Flap i love ya man u know that.
The sleepin thing was from awaking at 2:30 am to drive up there.Sorry.

An I bet all them other guys sleepin had a long drive also.:laugha:

i liked ur tuna article maybe u should stick with that.:hihi:
I'll turn but everyone has to sign a waiver. I go at manzi speed.

Flaptail
03-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Flap i love ya man u know that.
The sleepin thing was from awaking at 2:30 am to drive up there.Sorry.

An I bet all them other guys sleepin had a long drive also.:laugha:

i liked ur tuna article maybe u should stick with that.:hihi:
I'll turn but everyone has to sign a waiver. I go at manzi speed.
An Tony you know I am just bustin' yer nutz, Fellow pollack and all. :uhuh: :love:

NIB
03-11-2006, 01:03 AM
I'm a Itailan Pollack.That means something but i'm not sure what.

BobT
03-11-2006, 09:45 AM
I loved last year's turning. Sat there for a long time and just watched pro's in action until Slip started busting me about my new stick !!! Yes Slip...............3 casts and rest. :uhuh:

capesams
03-11-2006, 02:32 PM
we should've taped the whole thing..:smash: o-well! seems the good die young.

Karl F
03-12-2006, 07:23 AM
won't be the same, fer sure, without you 3 woodworkers.
Time, as always, will tell.

MAC
03-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Hope they have a good turn out.

BasicPatrick
03-13-2006, 12:09 AM
I posted earlier in this thread that there will be a turnnjg demo at this year's Expo. There will also be demos on some of the other at home fishing crafts that many in the local fishing community enjoy. Hopefully everyone will enjoy the Expo as we have put it together this year. Please remember that the Expo is a fundraiser and supporting the Expo supports many programs that many of the members of this board enjoy. I think that all will be very happy.

NIB
03-13-2006, 07:11 AM
Hope they have a good turn out.

Cheap,Cheep.They'll have to let nme know how it was.

Slipknot
03-13-2006, 08:08 AM
I am sure this years will be just as good if not better, so don't worry about it. I have plenty of confidence in Patrick and the lineup he has coming up.

Van, thank you for PMing me.

NIB:spin: :sleeps: :rude: :fishslap: see you there

I loved last year's turning. Sat there for a long time and just watched pro's in action until Slip started busting me about my new stick !!! Yes Slip...............3 casts and rest. :uhuh:
Big Daddy :D I only said that because it's the truth, my dad does the same thing :) I know you are younger than him but atleast you are out there slinging jigs and that ain't easy no matter how big you are or how old you are. I may be down the canal more this year.

UserRemoved1
03-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Patrick if you guys need anything for this let me know.

NIB you better be goin I wanna see your ugly mug. :eyes:

I hope it's a great year for the club. And even better next year.

Since I'm always the one to say something that someone else won't...Seems to be discension going on. Maybe everyone should put aside their differences for the good of the club and the activities they run. Mac and Capesams both you guys are very talented turners. Guys look to your stuff for what it represents. Some really great stuff. Both you guys sell. They're offering you a area free to setup a place to display and sell your stuff to a captive audience. Others pay for it. I don't get it? :huh:

If it's a matter of gas money send me the receipts I'll cover it personally for the good of the club and the people who will attend the show.

Maybe msba could setup voluntary contribution buckets with a kid going around to collect it...make it a money maker for the club...why not? :huh: Guys get tons of benefit out of the plug turning stuff, it draws people in the door, the club makes money, the striper swipers make money to do their stuff, and hopefully the vendors make money too.

Only reason I posted this online is because it was posted here. This post wasn't meant to flame, incite riots, start plug wars, confer harm, or any other thing anyone can dream up. It's what I and others saw and I personally wish everyone could maybe :call: and get everyone back together. I'd like to see you guys do it again.

And NIB you better be coming

capesams
03-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Salty...I appreciate your very generous offer on the gas,,pass the hat,,help the msba gain customer's, fund their project's etc.But I have no affilition with them... the sore spot about this whole thing is the fact that if larry[bigfish] didn't say thank you as we were walking out the door[and I do beleive it came from him and not from the club] nothing from the club would have been forthcoming in the way of a simple txs. for your time or effort....which to me is piss poor for a club that is so well thought of.....

many do great job in putting a show like this together..but if they don't have someone to write a simple thank you note to those vendor's /sponcer's/tackle shop's/guide's for showing up who without them, they wouldn't have a show.Show's me your just someone to be used as a draw to lure people in for the mean's of making money which has nothing to do with the sport of fishing.

Don't get me wrong,,,I enjoy helping other's out as you've seen here at s-b and at the show....and as for getting to sell few plug's.maybe 10 between the 3 of us had no bearing in what we went there for.We went to help other's out,to pass on what we've learned , what other's hold onto as secret chitt.

I won't be attending the show nor will I be posting again on this subject..there are other factor's involved as well , but I won't post them here in public.

BigFish
03-13-2006, 10:31 PM
I want to try and douse these flames before they get any higher......Guys, its just, from what I understand in talking with Patrick, that the demo portion of the show has gone in a slightly different direction this year is all I can really say right now.....MSBA will announce some things shortly I think. I have been unable to commit as much time to the club and the show as I have in years past and maybe thats where things have gone awry....:huh:....I have had a full plate since buying the house and I got lots going on even though it seems like I spend countless hours on here I jump on and off for short bursts alot. Last year we were fortunate to have had 3 of the best builders around doing the demo at the show......(kind of like when Cream got back together):bl: its was a success but even more than that...it was fun and I want to thank MAC, Capesams and Slipknot again for their participation......the club was very appreciative also even though sometimes a formal thankyou may get lost in all the commotion and we can't forget the sponsors of the demo MikeCC from Cape Cod Tackle, #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& and NJTackle......thanks guys.:wave:

Come out to this years show all......it is going to be different, exciting and alot of fun so I hope I see you all there!:btu:

UserRemoved1
03-14-2006, 05:08 AM
Steve sorry for bringing it up. Not looking to pour salt etc please understand that. The only reason I said anything was it felt like there was some serious tension there and really don't like seeing that stuff anymore. Didn't know it went any further...Wish you would come anyways. If NIB comes you might miss something :D

Peace.

Flaptail
03-14-2006, 06:00 AM
Salty, as I have said before you are way to generous. I think it's better to let this one die a lonely death, quietly without any fanfare.

NIB
03-14-2006, 07:31 AM
Salty, as I have said before you are way to generous. I think it's better to let this one die a lonely death, quietly without any fanfare.

WHERE WOULD THE FUN IN THAT BE>dam button sticks.
Thats the beauty of the internet.U can flame things when ever u want with BASICally no reprocusions.
I will show up an have patrick chase me around the show with a gafff.:err:
Hey Steve CS, I'm sure Larry appreciated what u guys did.
U always hurt the ones u love.
I had a great time with them guys.
I am selfish I want them back.
Perhaps this yr more will like whats goin on.
There is no way that it could match what was done last yr.
To mee...Can't u see-eeee.

Karl F
03-14-2006, 08:00 AM
I will show up an have patrick chase me around the show with a gafff.:err:

I think Most Folks would pay Big Money to watch that....:uhuh:
MSBA Thunderdome at Gillette. :hihi:

Two men enter...
One man leave...

Break the Deal,
Spin the Wheel.

Gulag.

CS,
I know excactly how you feel, except the "No Thank You" I got, came from a different club, over 100 hours, $ out of pocket, raised a few hundred for them, and put some smiles on some kids faces... nada...
it don't cost them anything, but an "old fashioned" Thank You letter goes a long way.
But, it is a different world today, and things is different, and what do a couple of old friggin Dinosaurs know anyhoo.....
and this ones for you ,Bud.
:thanks:

Slipknot
03-14-2006, 08:19 AM
I think it's better to let this one die a lonely death, quietly without any fanfare.

correct

no sense rehashing this over and over.
If there are any hard feeling about this issue then take it up in private offline please, maybe that would be the best approach.

Like Bigfish said, this years demo area will be different than last year, that is all.

Flaptail
03-14-2006, 08:26 AM
I think Most Folks would pay Big Money to watch that....:uhuh:
MSBA Thunderdome at Gillette. :hihi:

Two men enter...
One man leave...

Break the Deal,
Spin the Wheel.

Gulag.

CS,
I know excactly how you feel, except the "No Thank You" I got, came from a different club, over 100 hours, $ out of pocket, raised a few hundred for them, and put some smiles on some kids faces... nada...
it don't cost them anything, but an "old fashioned" Thank You letter goes a long way.
But, it is a different world today, and things is different, and what do a couple of old friggin Dinosaurs know anyhoo.....
and this ones for you ,Bud.
:thanks:

Karl, now that really sucks. No thank you for all the plugs you turned last year for that kids tournament? I know Numbskull thought what you did was great as he had mentioned it to me ( think ya got a plug from him, you lucky dawg) and a lot of other guys mentioned it to me as well to bad they were not involved in the club you did that for, I guess the only consolation is that the kidz really liked you stuff.

CS, Mac and Slip have an issue that I support but I think this should be between them and MSBA and not to be open to our nosiness in their affairs is all.

The Dad Fisherman
03-14-2006, 08:43 AM
I'm a Itailan Pollack.That means something but i'm not sure what.

It means when you send someone to "Sleep with the Fishes" you ask them if they would like to leave a Wake-Up Call..:hee: