View Full Version : FREE Trampoline

Slipknot
02-08-2006, 08:52 AM
We have a full size trampoline for sale, it has the safety netting all the way around it. It's in decent shape, 3 or 4 years old.

$100 or best offer

themayfamily@comcast.net

BigFish
02-08-2006, 11:13 AM
:eyes:

thefishingfreak
02-08-2006, 12:18 PM
check your homeowners policy on those:eek5:

slapshot
02-08-2006, 01:11 PM
And now, girls on trampolines!

Slipknot
02-08-2006, 01:11 PM
check your homeowners policy on those:eek5:

I did, and i see nothing about it.

tattoobob
02-08-2006, 03:13 PM
I know my brother put an ice skating rink in and his be-otch wife call the insurance co. and they said if he fills it they would cancel there policy.

ktugboat42
02-09-2006, 02:07 AM
I just had to take down our trampoline because our insurance was going to drop us. They're looking far any reason at all to cancel any policy out on the Cape.

Katie
02-09-2006, 05:51 AM
100 bucks huh... lemme ask dad.... i have bday money... it'll get me outta the house..

Slipknot
02-09-2006, 07:16 AM
100 bucks huh... lemme ask dad.... i have bday money... it'll get me outta the house..

Katie, ask your dad if your ins. co. will allow it first.:wave:

BigFish
02-09-2006, 08:03 AM
Insurance companies bite!!!!:lossinit:

striperman36
02-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Can we use it to help cast at the Ditch?

fishaholic18
02-09-2006, 11:41 AM
I could use that to get out on a certain rock I just can't reach.:biglaugh: :smash:

vineyardblues
02-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Remember I talked to you Slip about this?
They cancel my insurance and now , because I still have the dam thing I pay an extra 300. per year. Not worth it to me. But the girls like it :)
vb
ps. the insurance company sent me pictures of it in my yard. Like I had no idea ...lol

MoroneSaxatilis
02-09-2006, 12:05 PM
I have a tiny yard; it's only 23 ft X 50 ft. Upon returning from a scalloping trip 2 summers ago, I discover that a brand new 12 ft trampoline has been set up in my yard. I ask what the heck is goin' on, Missus says that her brother bought it for the kids (she has 4;my stepkids) because he thought it would be fun. No disscussion, no input from me (they KNEW I'd put the K-Bosh on it), they simply waited till I was out fishing, and snuck it in.
Now, I'm not against kids having fun, but those things are dangerous. Just watch a couple of kids on one for a few minutes, and you'll see that soon they are constantly trying to come up with new "tricks", most of which invlove some kind of flipping. I could just picture one of them landing incorrectly and ending up a para/quadraplegic (thankfully it hasn't happened). To make matters worse, her brother didn't bother to install the safety netting. I immediately started to voice my opposition and was dismissed as a Grumpy Old Phart (which, incidently, I am).
When the kids go outside, they invariably shed thier socks and/or shoes and climb abord the tramp. The shoes and/or socks invariably end up left outside, sometimes getting rained on, muddy, or go missing completely.
As soon as Fall arrived, I made sure to insist that the brother show up and dismantle the tramp for the winter. He did so, completely; frame and all.
Memorial Day 2005 I was offshore and called home on the sat fone. Missus said she was having a cookout, brother had attempted to set tramp back up, but couldn't find the springs. After some thought and disscussion, it was determined that springs had been accidently broguth to landfill during a basement spring cleaning. Missus researched on internet and discovered that springs would cost about 100 bux to replace.
I return from scalloping trip to find a BRAND NEW 14 FT TRAMP set up in my tiny yard! (At least this time it had the safety netting). The Missus' logic was "...why spend 100 bux for replacement springs when for just a 100 or so MORE you can get a whole new one! Besides, it was on sale!"

:happy: :jump: :jump: :happy:

I HATE trampolines!
Sidenote: During the trip, when I told one of my shipmated about my missing springs plight, he offered to sell me HIS tramp due to the fact that his homeowner's ins agent advised him to remove tramp, or face cancellation.

Slipknot
02-09-2006, 12:37 PM
thanks you guys
you guys are alot of help:behead:

Katie, if your dad says it's ok then you can have it:tm:

Goose
02-09-2006, 12:41 PM
That stinks, once I gave away a boat and the devil came down from Georgia to get it. 100$ worth it all day,give me a break.

No offers:rolleyes: http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=2618

Slipknot
02-09-2006, 12:55 PM
and the devil came down from Georgia to get it. http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=2618

LMAO Tony I'm sorry but that was funny, not funny for you but what you said cracks me up. I remember parts of the story. oh well , live and learn.

crash
02-09-2006, 01:52 PM
I am the reason that insuance companies hate trampolines...... Little incedent when I was a kid.

P.S. never put a trampoline next to a pool and a tree, even though jumping off a tree, onto a trampoline, and into the pool seems like a good idea.:wall: :wall:

Slipknot
02-09-2006, 02:37 PM
When we were kids we had accidents, big deal. Our mothers didn't sue the bicycle company or insurance co. when we wiped out jumping our bikes over ramps we built. We got hurt, we get stitched up and healed simple as that.
Kids these days don't even go outside, it's rediculous. What happened to this world? the mentallity is all whacked, priorities are screwed up, it's always someone elses fault blah blah blah blah blah.

Look over your homeowners policy some time, the list of crap they don't cover is so long it isn't even funny. Why bother having ins. ? WTF what are we paying for? for the lawyers to get rich? :wall:

Slipknot
02-09-2006, 02:38 PM
I am the reason that insuance companies hate trampolines...... Little incedent when I was a kid.

P.S. never put a trampoline next to a pool and a tree, even though jumping off a tree, onto a trampoline, and into the pool seems like a good idea.:wall: :wall:

I grew up in Abington :)
we used to jump off our garage roof into the pool :D 4 ft. above ground :rollem: idiots, lucky we didn't get paralyzed.

crash
02-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Chicks dig scars

Katie
02-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Katie, ask your dad if your ins. co. will allow it first.:wave:

i just asked mom... nope i'm not the new owner... darn insurance.. :behead:

Katie
02-09-2006, 08:51 PM
I grew up in Abington :)
we used to jump off our garage roof into the pool :D 4 ft. above ground :rollem: idiots, lucky we didn't get paralyzed.

guy in framingham is paralyzed from doing the exact thing... garage...trampolie.. front flip... landed on his neck into the pool.. :gorez:

zacs
02-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Now let me start by saying... Good for you son! It's always good to see young people taking an interest in danger. Now a lot of people are going to be telling you you're crazy, and maybe they're right.
But the fact of the matter is:
Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!

-- Captain Lance Murdoch, upon hearing that Bart wants jump the Springfield Gorge, in "Bart the Daredevil''

Slipknot
03-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Take it away for free
or it goes to the scrapyard

anyone? speak up soon or it's gone

Young Salt
03-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Loved that simpsons episode when homer got the free trampoline.....a classic :rotf2: