View Full Version : Salmo lures

steelhead
02-09-2006, 12:03 PM
I was looking at them for fishing for pike. I see lots of cross over possibilities and it looks like some of their jerk baits are used for stripers already. Anyone have any experience with them?

theSURF121
02-10-2006, 11:57 PM
The Whitefish model seems to be somewhat popular. It's quite large with some good weight to it. Realistic finish as well.Not familar with the other models other than one which is a lipless bait that weighs in at over 100g's. thought it would be a good bunker match but have yet to swim it.

Joe
02-11-2006, 08:15 AM
After I get a bunch of patterns of Super Strike darters, I'm getting Salmo. So you should see them at other local shops shortly after.

leptar
02-11-2006, 09:37 AM
swap the rings and hooks out, and don't cast into rocky areas the lip won't hold up at all.

Mr. Sandman
02-11-2006, 03:26 PM
3 seasons now... My favorite is the Slamo Fatso with triple rings and VMC hooks...amazing plug. The previous post is right the stock hooks they give you are very sharp but rot out in no time and don't hold up in sw. Nice plug though, made in Poland. They also make a large minnow plug with a heavy lip that works too. The finish is excellent. It looks like a real fish...like a small pogie. I've been successful with them every season. There is one in my bag all season long. Several muskie places out west carry them.
I spoke to a tackle dealer who told me they have a new one now that looks exactly like a big sand eel. I hope to get my hands on one before spring.
Hear is a peak at one:
http://www.salmofishing.com/lures/fatso.html

Striperknight
02-11-2006, 05:26 PM
I was looking at them for fishing for pike. I see lots of cross over possibilities and it looks like some of their jerk baits are used for stripers already. Anyone have any experience with them?
I had a couple at plugfest today. I was repaiting to colors I like.

Slipknot
02-11-2006, 05:57 PM
holy crap, you're home already? you made good time beating the snow I guess.

you won something for that plug :btu:

Striperknight
02-11-2006, 06:18 PM
holy crap, you're home already? you made good time beating the snow I guess.

you won something for that plug :btu:
It was smooth sailing through Conn. NJ is another story.:realmad: