View Full Version : Plugfest, WOW

castn4bass
02-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Just got back , and WOW are there some talented individuals in this group. Great bunch of guys too! Was nice to meet and talk with you all! I didn't get to see who won the contests so PLEASE let me know !!!!

afterhours
02-11-2006, 05:37 PM
GREAT TIME!!!!:grins: nice to see old faces and meet some new ones, what a talented bunch :kewl: competition had awesome pluggage - congrats to all!

capesams
02-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Had a great time....guy's are rasing the bar big time on making lure's....lot's of PISSA lookin stuff.:uhuh:

PNG
02-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Can we have a do-over?

I want more of that fat free food:)

Backbeach Jake
02-11-2006, 06:00 PM
My eyeballs hurt from staring at plugs. Like welding without a shield. Boy , the ideas that I got. All I have to do is remember them. Thanks Slipknot and possee. You guys are truly most pissa!

BigFish
02-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Don't forget Canalman and a few others who ran the show...and thanks to all who spoke and displayed!:claps:

Had a great time as usual....nice to see all I saw and great talking face to face with many great folk!:bgi:

Great pluggage and lots to see.....so many great examples of mega-talented wood spinning freaks!!!:kewl:

thefishingfreak
02-11-2006, 06:11 PM
yes great time indeed.

i got wood.

Slipknot
02-11-2006, 06:32 PM
WOW is an understatement for sure. That's too much plug activity for one day:spin:
We couldn't have done it without lots of help from all of you and I got lots of help from Canalman(perrenial 1st place winner of plug-off), JohnR and all those that brought stuff to help out - Diggin Jiggin,numbskull,tagger,V.B.,Flaptail, salty,steelhead,capesams, all those others who displayed plugs, MikeCC, all those who entered plugs in the great plug-off, all those who brought food :drool: and everyone else who helped out especially Numbskull for the demo on handcarving, DZ for the needlefish presentation, and Fishing Freak for painting plugs in front of people and anyone else I forgot.
I was very impressed with Numbskull and want to nominate George as plugmaker of the year :btu:
Some of the stuff all you guys do with wood simply amazes me:hf1: :conf:
Karl , thanks, I'll use that plug you gave me this year and do my best to get fish on it :) And thanks diggin jiggin for that fishy swimmer :btu: let me know what hooks to use if you have time.
Tagger, thanks for bringing Angler#1 and the legend Stan Kuzia :btu: of course I learned a few more things from speaking to him today.
All in all I think the day went along pretty well. Nobody made any sawdust but it sure was fun. You guys are the best.
Good to see some long distance travellers as well and meet some new faces to go with the names.
Glad to see you Justplugit, you're the best.
I'm glad I got to speak to and see some of the work from the new guys on the block, your accomplishment are a real testament of the wealth of information on the website, good work and nice plugs.
Like BackbeachJake said, today sure got the juices flowing to inspire some plug turning :spin:

thanks again everyone

JohnR
02-11-2006, 06:49 PM
First I want to thank Slipknot and Canalman for all of the work they did in helping with the arrangements and working the show - thanks - you two were the cat's ### today :btu:

Also big thanks to PNG at the door, Swimmer & SKD for managing the raffle and IFG for the vocal substitution and who could forget Fishpart's son and StriperDan's son for keeping us all on our toes to make sure the Door prizes went off precisely every 60 minutes and to keep on top of the raffle as they did :hihi: .

Numbskull, Steelhead, and DZ for their presentaions.

CS, Flap & Stifftip, VB, Adam R for bringing their collections. I'm sure I'm probably forgetting someone but I just walked in the door and want to get a big thanks out

Booger, MikeCC, and NJ Tackle (though not in body but in spirit - great door prizes)

Everyone that pitched in here and there,Mac and F18, Link, etc, and all who donated stuff to the raffle and bought tickets and grub.

Now - how did today go? The work you all do is unbelieveable, really. Nothing else I can say, between works of art and works of fishology - this stuff rocks!

The short version is that we had 23 plugs entered in the competition with 5 categories; Best of Show, Best Paint/Finish, Most Classic, Most Original, and Most Likely to Catch a Cow. Everyone had the opportunity to vote for their favorite plugs in each category and the most votes one - with bragging rights and a Certificate for the ManCave each (click on the link to get an idea of the certificates http://striped-bass.com/images/pf06awards.jpg )

We also took a tally of ALL votes and awarded, by most points, places 1 through 5, prizes of Gift Certificates to Amazon Tools, S-B Sponsors, and for 5th place (and the only actual prize present today) - a box of Twinkies :hihi: .

And I hope I have the order of all these right because I did not have my camera but the winners, as voted by the attendees, were:

Best of Show: Canalman

Best Paint/Finish: FishingFreak

Most Classic: 3 Way Tie - IFishGibbs, Flaptail, CapeSams (Flap and CS will get their certificated later on)

Most Original: Striperknight

Most Likely to Catch a Cow: Throwing Timber

The points total put the dinero based prizes at:

1st: Canalman

2nd: Striperknight

3rd: FishinFreak

4th: Numbskull

5th: and proud recipient of Twinkies, Throwing Timber

Now with the most classic, we had an unusual 3 way tie - IFG, CS, and Flap - that says something. Also of interest, Numbskull, who did not come in tops overall in one particular category, did tally enough points across the board to be in prize money for the overall - I thought that was pretty cool :btu:

So places 1st and 2nd, email me the email address and name you use for Amazon so I can get those email certificates in your name. For 3rd and 4th places, chose one of S-B's sponsors where you want to spend the dough and I'll make arrangements with them. For 5th, I think they have already been eaten.

Hopefully someone can post the pictures from tady - as always, it was an eye opening blast!

Great seeing old freinds and new people for the first time! Great work everyone!!!!

Lower
02-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Definitly nice putting some faces to names! I had a great time. Thanks agian to everyone who put the time and effort into pulling it off.

Lastly, thanks to all the builders out there wiliing to help out a new guy like me. Your feedback and compliments made my day!

pops
02-11-2006, 07:00 PM
pictures for out of state jonesers' ?

Flaptail
02-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Great day! Afeast for the eys to be sure. I want to second Numbskull (aka George C. ) For Plugmaker of the year. His talk shaved not only layers of the wood he was working on in the demo but years off of everyone's learning curves. I know he has helped me and I WANT TO PUBLICLY THANK HIM !!!!!!! GEORGE YOUR THE GREATEST!!

Having Stan Kuzia there made my day. I hope everyone realized we had a living legend and one of the last of the old guard there today.

Dave, Slip, Salty, Mikecc and in absentia the boys at NJ Tackle thank you for your effort!

Capesams you don't know how honored I was to be tied with you in the classic run off.

VB, AdamR, DZ, thanks for sharing your classics and knowledge with the rest of us.

Mike "FishingFreak" D's painting demo was awesome as was Steelheads tying demo. Thanks!

Karl, thanks for the dowels! Nice pinkies you had there.

Vic the twinkies were gone before we reached the hi-way!

And as for the rest of you reprobates ( Clammer is the leader of the pack there) nice gabbibg, swaping info and sharing a morsel or two!

Can't wait for Plugnight at MSBA next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :bl: :wave: :hf1: :spin:

missing link
02-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Had a great time ,the place was jammin. Could someone post the the results of the no name plug thing I voted on .
The food was TASTY !!!!!!!! CHOWDAH yummie.
There are alot of talented builders I'm glad just have a chance to mingle with you guys.
I won a door prize:walk: ,,scored a sweet popper from a new member " Surf Dog Mike" that will be one of the first plugs I toss early to mid March and will catch.
Karl F, Link Jr. says thanks
Later, Link Sr:cool:

outnumbered
02-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Being a rookie and this being my first show I was amazed at how friendly and open everyone was at the plugfest. I hope that I can remember most of what I learned today. I think I l;earned more today than in the four months I've been harboring this turning addiction. It was great to meet some of the people and put the real face with the name.

Thanks to all who put all the time into organizing the show I can't wait until next year. Seeing all the work put out by the other builders has raised the bar for me and given me inspiration for the months to come.

Come on stripers spring is almost here.

:jump: :cheers: :cheers:

ProfessorM
02-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Another great time . Thanks to all who ran the show. The workmanship was staggering and best of all was putting faces to names. A real nice bunch of guys for sure. P.

thefishingfreak
02-11-2006, 07:33 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/thefishingfreak/DSC05380.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/thefishingfreak/DSC05375.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/thefishingfreak/DSC05377.jpg

secret stash:happy:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/thefishingfreak/DSC05384.jpg

so i keep tellling myself. thats it! no more plugs for a while.:fishslap:
and this is what i come home with.:doh:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/thefishingfreak/DSC05389.jpg

Squid kids Dad
02-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Had a great time today..As others have said seeing old friends and meeting new ones..Plugs,plugs plugs = eyecandy eyecandy,eyecandy..Even won a plug that was entered in the contest..Dont know who built it but its awesome..A nice plug just cleared, showing woodgrain...Anybody know who did it ???....I cant wait for the TFCTFN now,,BBJ One of these times I have to meet you...Name tags is what we need!!!

Nebe
02-11-2006, 07:38 PM
wish i could have gone :(

I hate work :wall:

Tagger
02-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Numbskull gets my vote for Plug Builder of the year ,and I haven't been bribed .. Flap not to shabby .. amazing really .. Lots of new ideas,, handcarves are sick ,,, Great job Slip, John and Canal Man = repeat ,no threepeat next year your going down ,, started entry already .. I got 1 vote ... better than last year .. lookout,, Met alot of Newbees who's work is really good ,, lookout for them too .. Throwing Timber thanks for twinkee..thanks diggin jiggin,jpi,karl F,fred/jake,,png,,vb,,Freak !! learned alot today. Good to see Mac and Capesams today still battling over pluigs .. called Carl,,,He and Stan had a really great day ,,were happy talking to everyone ,and couldn't believe all the plugs ,, everywhere you looked .. you guys are all great ..:kewl:

steelhead
02-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Canalman, Slip, JohnR and the rest of the gang for putting in the time and energy to pull the event off, A heartfelt THANKS!

Numbskull, great to met you and talk dannies, etc... The slides you brought provided some food for thought and a few surprises! Thanks for the lips!!!

Capesams, The cut away was perfect!

Tagger, your thoughts on pikie lip sizes and weighting.

Tobias, The little bullet! WOW.

Prof Moriority, I'll put some feathers on the lead head real soon and post :-)

TheFishing Freak, I want to see the flag squid with the squid tail on it. Post a picture!

KarlF, I think I still owe you a plug???

Had a great time doing the demo...

Lower, we'll need to plan a yak day!

Young Salt, show us what you tie with that yellow bucktail I dyed up for you!

I'm worn out!!!! Feels good!!!!

Diggin Jiggin
02-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Yup, plugfest is one of the days I really look forward too. There was some insane stuff on the contest table.

I picked up a plug or 2, some lead, some wood, ate some great food, bought some supplies and talked plugs with some great people. Kind of a nice little man town thing we got going :grins:

Slip, I've tried that plug with both 3/0 and 4/0 treble on the belly and its got the bouyancy to support either. I'm going to throw the heavy duty 3/0 vmc's on mine. I put one of the 6/0 vmc siwash hooks on the back end but it could probably do a treble if you like that setup better.. There's a little tailweight in there, I'm trying to get the wobble out of the cast. Can't wait to get out there in may and test em on some fish...

JohnR
02-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Ohhh - I forgot to add - thanks to Bliz for bringing the PlugProject in :claps:

BigFish
02-11-2006, 08:11 PM
31 viewing the builders forum....seems there is more traffic in here most times than in the main forum!:bgi: Still basking in the fine day!

Also forgot to mention.....I got a grommetizer today! Thanks Fish4Striper I think it was, his son and Eastendlu....nice to meet you also!

eastendlu
02-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks all for your hospitality and yes my eyes still hurt from all that plugage and i have a sore throat from talking to you all.Is it next year yet i want to go again!

Raven
02-11-2006, 08:32 PM
honey is hydroscopic (attracts moisture) and will heal your throat...
nice to have met you LOU _Rav

mikecc
02-11-2006, 08:33 PM
I could not believe some of the plugs today:eek5:
You guys are just nuts. Thanks everyone for your support.
Another great S-B event
I'd like to stay and type more but the boss man asked for a rod for the TFCTFN and I got to get started.

Striperknight
02-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Does it get any better than this?

Fishpart
02-11-2006, 08:48 PM
I am in awe. Beautiful work everyone!!!!

I wasn't sure Ben would have fun, but he fit in perfectly as the DOOR PRIZE RAFFLE DICTATOR..

justplugit
02-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Defenitely needs to be declared a 3 day National Holiday next year.:hihi:

Thanks to all, for the priviledge to spend time with "the best of the best." :btu:

numbskull
02-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Amazing. After eating Steve's kielbasa and beans, the Krylon fumes turn right around and go back in the can. Pretty neat.

Swimmer
02-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Enjoyed myself at my first plugfest. Great to put faces with some of the names. Won a couple of plugs in the raffle. My only problem with these bueatiful one of a kind plugs is that I just want to display them on the wall. Like baseball cards the older you've become and after maturity sets in you leave the schoolyard behind. Holding and admiring the cards is whats important now. You'd never throw one towards a wall trying to score a leaner to beat the other kids throw. At some point though I'll use the plugs for what they were meant to do, catch fish. I have to talk the wife into letting me go to the TFCTFN now.

stripercrazy
02-11-2006, 10:25 PM
I would have loved to drift that shark out in a breachway when the blues were blitzing, see it if they had the balls to hit it:eyes: wow. great people, food, and plugs. thanks to everyone who put it together and thanks #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& for the free wood:jump:

stripercrazy
02-11-2006, 11:26 PM
wow, that cake was too good looking. I circled it for hours waiting , not wanting to be the first cut.finally I hit it, first cut. before I had it in my mouth 3 more piceses were missing:rotfl:

gone fishin
02-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Talent aplenty and plenty of great looking plugage. Thanks to all and looking forward to next years event. If this gets any bigger we will have to have it at Gillette Stadium.

I enjoyed the look at the old plugs as well as the info shared by Steve and other collectors. Freak thanks for the Flags - I am sure that they will find a place of display for all to admire.

Now anxiously waiting for the super swap ... sort of like Santas coming again.

ThrowingTimber
02-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Just got home, polished off the box of twinkes, and took a sledge hammer to my airbrush!!!!

John R. - Thanks for providing us addicts with this awesome site :btu:

CanalMan, and Slip - Thanks for stepping up and setting this up I really looked forward to it and.. its just freakin awesome, thanks for putting in the time and effort.

Everyone else you guys just... I dunno my mind's freakin flying all over the place with ideas now. In all honesty I'd like to say thanks for all the tuteledge and tips and tricks and feedback/ suggestions and over all being very open about sharing of information.

Funniest thing I heard all day: BBJ - walks up to me "Did you sneak a twinkie into my coat pocket." Me: "uh huh" :hihi:

Go away Larry I'm workin' this corner!!! :rtfm:

The Dad Fisherman
02-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Today was an awesome event.....it was good to finally put some names to faces.

There was a lot of awesome stuff there today

Thanks to Salty for fixing everyone up with some free wood to turn into art......I should be set for a little while :D

I enjoyed this immensely and will definitely make this an annual pilgrimage.

Thanx to Vic for fixing me up in the parking lot....I'll have something for you next time i see you

And thanx to everyone involved for running a Quality event....I left w/ Great Ideas and Memories and I am now going to Punish my lathe in the AM.

BigFish
02-12-2006, 02:29 AM
Vic was "fixing people up in the parking lot"? :shocked: :eek: Can't you get arrested for that?:laughs: That guy was workin' a couple of corners I guess!;)

nightfighter
02-12-2006, 07:49 AM
Yup, was awesome. Started out swapping with CS at the door before I even got inside. Then get the AYC from Slip. A little sumpthin' to the boss for a future raffle. A small deposit for a future swap hopefully with the Freak. Steelhead drops a beautiful squid on me, with matching dress tails. (Might have to use that for Valentines pluggage!) Then get a chance to look, and look, and ask questions, and look, and listen..... I clearly am outta my league in this building venue. NS's demo with spokeshaves was a whole new avenue... Missed the Freak's painting demo, bummer. Had to have a couple of the Professor's needles too. Booger had graciously brought three boxes of wood in various stages for all to pick though for free!!!!! Now where do ya see that, besides here? Forgot to get eyes though Scott, my fault. I really made an effort to introduce myself to folks to get screennames with real names and faces. Sorry if I missed you, many I know I met are already getting confused..... Clammer, how do you turn that switch when you have to take a client call???? I mean you were sounding downright professional on the phone, and then, wham, back to your old normal off the wall self!!! TT thought I was a kid trying to ho him online! too funny. Got my 1088 blank from CS and he also bestowed on me a goody box, which seemed bottomless. Got many of them up hanging from a beam in family room already. Steve, thank you. Chewed the fat with Flap for a while. Great collection. Offer stands on your basement, dood. Hope we can get some of you up to North for Shore this year. Thanks to all for contributing to this community.

Ross

NIB
02-12-2006, 07:52 AM
:( :wall:

nightfighter
02-12-2006, 07:56 AM
NIB, you were missed. Was there when they were calling you\. But will see you at MSBA again?

Getting pummeled up here right now. Zero vis. Wind up. 6-7 in. maybe.

Backbeach Jake
02-12-2006, 08:16 AM
SK, it was funny to watch guys circleing that cake like a pod of seals. It took a long time for it to get "bit" tho. Good to see you.

splshnplug
02-12-2006, 09:30 AM
didn't get there until the afternoon, but got to see some awsome plugs. talk about talent. i wonder if PNG will do a squash plug next year. great job by everyone.

NIB
02-12-2006, 09:48 AM
I thought i would be able to make it.Do the drive up on Friday an visit the Slipknots I miss that. then work took a little longer than expected it happens all the time.Then i was gonna do the suicide run but the weather scared me off.Good thing I didn't try.I Have no will power like Striper Knight he said he left early an I am always one of the last ones to leave.Went for a drive last night when it was comin down good, man it was hard to see more than 30 ft.True blizzrd conditions it was very eerie like right out of one of those scary movies. sideways snow an heavy 35+ mph winds.Oh well there's always next yr.Now i get the pleasure of reading all the stories an such. I just wanna poke my eyes out.Oh an thanks for the phone call.Next time when i come u can just kick me in the nuts it will hurt less.

vineyardblues
02-12-2006, 09:55 AM
First off I would like to say that I am so happy to be a part of such a special group of people!
I know that these guys are some of the best plug builders in the World!
And are inventing and turning some serious wood for sure :rotf2:
That will be around a lot longer than most of us will be on this earth!

Thanks to John,Dave and Slip to put this thing in action again!
A special thanks to Tagger for serveral things :rotf2:

First off for having 2 special guys,Carl and Stan K, What a joy talking to both of them and to see Stan smile as he looks at the antique fishing lures built by himeself and other fishing legendary lure designers that he grew up with and fished the banks of the canal with for many years.
Talking with both of them was very special to me!

Also It was nice to talk with someone older than CS :rotf3:

A huge thanks to CS for yet another work of art of his is now in my collection.

The food was unreal and every time I turned around I noticed another good friend Paul M trying like hell to add 5lbs to the 110 lb frame of his ..lol

Karl, thanks for the beer, I am sure it's a first for me to have a beer in front of me for that long of a time frame that I did not open :whackin:

Congrats to all the people who won prizes for their works of art!

Thanks for all the speakers and demos, DZ always nice to see you.

Thanks to Vic for missing his services :think: Next time bring a plug for me!

Thanks go out to Flap, let me know if you need anything else from me.

ANd glad to meet a bunch of new friends that I hope to see and fish with in the future.
Regards
VB

DZ
02-12-2006, 10:41 AM
I had a woderful time talking with everyone and looking at all those plugs....
I like needles and there were more needles there than I would have time to cast. Great work!
Thanks for the invite - it was my pleasure and good fortune to be there.

DZ

ProfessorM
02-12-2006, 10:59 AM
The needle presentation was very nice indeed. P.

thefishingfreak
02-12-2006, 11:38 AM
TheFishing Freak, I want to see the flag squid with the squid tail on it. Post a picture!
:kewl: i got to see a little of the tyin' demo. thank you again.
i'm gunna put this on something else and fish it, because i want to see this squid tail in the water:kewl:

the riddler :tooth: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/thefishingfreak/DSC05394.jpg

thanks for the best paint award!
sorry the paint demo wasn't all it was sposed to be, but like i said i'm a floundering idiot on stage:err: and i HATE people watchin' me work:err:
thanks for all the swapped plugs too.
i know i forgot JPI, anyone else step up and let me know if i short ho'd them. as it was a busy day for sure.

fishaholic18
02-12-2006, 11:41 AM
sorry the paint demo wasn't all it was sposed to be, but like i said i'm a floundering idiot on stage:err: and i HATE people watchin' me work:err:

I thought you did good. I learned a few things.
Flat rate plug painting...I like!!!:D

ThrowingTimber
02-12-2006, 12:06 PM
I want to see a picture of the sign in your shop Mike. Labor rate 60$, if you watch 75$, if you help 100$

fish4striper
02-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks John and all for putting this one, had a great time meeting some people even if I don't turn wood.

Bigfish , my son loves that popper and is still debating whether to fish it or not, maybe the start of a collection.

Thanks also Steelhead for giving my son a sample, he's buzzin to tie one up!

My wallet got lighter after I left bears den !

BigFish
02-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Tell him to fish it....show me a pic of it hanging from a fishes maw and I will give him something special! They are great poppers....one of the other guys here got a 17 pounder on one on his first cast with it!:drool:

Thanks to you both again....glad he was pleased with the swap!

jnski
02-12-2006, 01:05 PM
looks/sounds like you guys had an awesome time. Maybe when I get to know a few of you guys better, I'll take the ride up next year.
great plugs, you guys are unbelievable!

Canalman
02-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Wheeeww... What a day...

It went over 10 times better than I thought it ever could.

I know there have been 6000000000 thank yous already... but I have to take the time to thank these few guys AGAIN...

These guys made the seemingly daunting task of getting a few worthy presenters rounded up easy.

George/Numbskull - Thanks, I don;t know if you realize how thorough and informative your demo was.

Dennis/DZ - I think the best compliment I can give you for the needle presentation is that it gave me a painful itch to go fishing.... it seriously HURT! Thanks :)

SteelHead - Great demo, very thorough I heard more than a few guys saying that they learned a lot from your demo.

Freak/mike - I know what its like to be a floundering idiot :D, I missed your demo :( but I heard it was awesome, thanks for shedding your fears for the sake of a buch of dusty fishermen.

Bruce - Thanks for the AYC and for almost letting us get away withough paying. I thinnk on behalf of slip and I ---- who's planning Plugfest '07??? 1--2---3 NOT IT!!

John - Thanks for everything.... this thanks goes deeper than yesterday... thanks for putting your time into this site for so many years and for putting up with all the crap... you have fathered a great community here and yesterday only served to prove it yet again.

Hey even Salty and I got along :). Thanks Scott for the airbrush bottles :)

Thanks to everyone else that I forgot... oh yeah Thanks PAUL.

Can't wait until next year.... I'm planning my plugfest 07 entry right now Tagger so look out.....

-Dave

Skitterpop
02-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Canalman? And it was best in show?

Sounds and looks like it was great event!

Thanks for sharing all about it,
Mike

gldnbear93
02-12-2006, 04:30 PM
It was a great day.

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in putting this on.

Numbskull's demo was fantastic and his plugs even better.

Mr. Sandman
02-12-2006, 05:35 PM
My god those are sweet!! I am going to this next year no matter what. Wow, some of those are simply amazing! You guys are lathe animals.

Slipknot
02-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Actually, next years contest plugs will all be kept by me as coordinator of the event :D

Canalman
02-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Nope the shark was not made by me... it was made by my partner in crime F18... I thought that shark was INSANE... I made the little pogie spook thingy with the metal tail.

-Dave

jnski
02-13-2006, 10:33 AM
:kewl: i got to see a little of the tyin' demo. thank you again.
i'm gunna put this on something else and fish it, because i want to see this squid tail in the water:kewl:

the riddler :tooth: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/thefishingfreak/DSC05394.jpg

thanks for the best paint award!
i know i forgot JPI, anyone else step up and let me know if i short ho'd them. as it was a busy day for sure.

that squid is da balls!!!

Gloucester2
02-13-2006, 01:38 PM
It was a great day - glad to see everyone again and all the plugs :jump1:

tattoobob
02-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Damn It I over slept and missed the whole thing, I put my head back down at 8am and said just a couple of more minutes. I woke up at noon, I was fighting off a bug, sore throat and stuffy nose. I would have never made it, it is a 2 hour drive there for me.

nightfighter
02-14-2006, 07:09 AM
For those not able to attend, did anyone get pics of the plugs with a notation of who the builder is???? (I have a short term memory!)

chumbucket
02-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Sounded like you had a great time.
Awesome plugs:kewl:

Squid kids Dad
02-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I won a plug that was entered in the contest..Just wondering who made it...It is done in clear but 2 toned...no paint..Lighter on top and bottom and darker on the sides..swheet job..Anybody know who built it??

Karl F
02-17-2006, 09:32 PM
wish you was there, you build real schweet plugs!

Squid kids Dad
02-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Karl F..With some glitter sprinkled in??

Squid kids Dad
02-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Thats gotta be the one..Awesome looking..My son saw it and said "Dad your not going to really fish that are you?"..Nope:kewl: Swheet plug Karl F..I'll have my brother take a picture