View Full Version : Getting Snow Yet?

Sudsrat
02-12-2006, 10:20 AM
It's winding down here in Bucks Cty.PA
About 12-16" depending where you are.Winds gusting to 40MPH.
Had lightning and thunder early am too!Freaky.
Take Care.

fishaholic18
02-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Yup, still coming down in RI.

nightfighter
02-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Blowing like hell here too. Just had to go across the causeway to do an emergency door repair, more like just getting it secured til tomorrow. Got blasted in the Tahoe from BOTH sides with salt water. One big wave, from harbor side on way back. They were closing the causeway. Tough call on depth as it is blowing and drifting.:ss:

Pete_G
02-12-2006, 11:39 AM
It's definitely going to be a storm with high and low spots in terms of accumulation. The sun just nearly came out for a little while over Newport, but there's a very dark band on radar that has been sitting from New Haven, CT to Plymouth MA, including Providence all morning. It looks like it's really unloading on that stretch of New England.

The day is young, but so far I'm very unimpressed down on the coast. I'd guesstimate 3 to 5 inches at the most, but it's tough to tell with all the drifting. Some wind but nothing major on that front either.

Also, wth is with the NWS website always having issues during storms? I know they get higher traffic, but you'd think they would expect that...

basswipe
02-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Not that much snow on the ground out here in Portsmouth.But like Pete said its hard to tell with the drifting.And I'm right on the water so I'm getting blasted with unobstructed wind.

Oh well its just about beer o'clock.Time to kick back and watch qualifying.

Slingah
02-12-2006, 11:54 AM
its starting to look like something now.....white out:lurk:

Backbeach Jake
02-12-2006, 12:03 PM
My deck table "Snow-O-Meter" is showing about 5 1/2 inches. Still coming down pretty good.

missing link
02-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Snowing and blowing hear in West Wareham, Ma
The blue jays and cardnials are in a feeding frenzy at the feeder
I allready shoveled the driveway 2" at one end 12" at the other
nice fluffy snow.
gonna take a ride down to the DITCH now
Later Link Sr:bo:

Slingah
02-12-2006, 01:29 PM
I dont think its gonna be that big a deal.....didnt make Blizzard rating........whipping pretty good though...Id say 8" tops right now
Im gonna make a snow-o-meter for next year Fred :hihi:

Mike P
02-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Guessing about the same--6-8". I may not even need to shovel (two 4x4s in the driveway and I think I can bust right thru the plow leavings). Great job on the streets here so far.

Raven
02-12-2006, 02:23 PM
here...
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/storm.jpg