View Full Version : Legal Limits

cocco7
03-29-2002, 12:24 PM
Anyone know the website for the Fish and Game department, or another website where I can get the legal limits in Massachusetts for fish native to the area for the 2002 year? Have any of them changed significantly since last year?

STEVE IN MASS
03-29-2002, 12:44 PM
Try, here:

http://www.state.ma.us/dfwele/dmf/

But good luck, I checked a few weeks ago about some things, and the new limits/reg's were yet to be posted on the website. I had to call. The two things I found out about changes:

Flounder: Can now keep 3/day between March 1 and April 30, 8/day other times. 12" min. March 1 to April 30th used to be closed.

Cod: 24" minimum, but as has been discussed here, that may just be a proposal and not in force yet, but the young lady I spoke with told me that was in effect.

bloocrab
03-29-2002, 01:08 PM
...not sure if you want the Rhode Island limits too .....but here's that link......http://www.state.ri.us/dem/programs/bnatres/fishwild/mfsizes.htm

...but like Steve said, the dates are still in last years format???.....DUH!!....WHATS UP WITH THAT???.......what are they gonna wait until we start catching fish...then come down and bust are buckets about the regulations that we haven't seen???..

STEVE IN MASS
03-29-2002, 01:28 PM
Bloo.....from what I saw reading the announcement page, (talk about putting you to sleep), there is nothing that changed in Rhody from last year for rec's......that I could find.... (but you know that...;))

They are kinda lax all around getting new information out....even to the tackle shops, as I found out a few weeks ago.....:mad:

bloocrab
03-29-2002, 02:04 PM
...Steve, I think they're going to change all the specs. on Monday. Afterall, that is their day right??.....

.....FOOL'S DAY!!! .....:hf1: :faga: :jump1: .......:jester:

STEVE IN MASS
03-29-2002, 02:28 PM
LOL....but I think that they will lower all the size limits, and then not tell the game wardens., etc.....and make fools of everybody....;)