View Full Version : Attn. Sqidmama and all you other Rats

Canalratt1
08-23-2000, 11:11 AM
Sqiudmama Check Maco's again I heard that he has big skins for plugs. Me and Ellen went to Bretts Sunday and Charly came over. I dropped some signs off at the Canal Sportsmans Club. They are on the round table inside. Charly and I were talking about maybe coming over for the awards ceremony. When is it and where? I haven't been to the derby in over 10 years but hopefully we can make the awards.

Mike P
08-23-2000, 07:34 PM
Tony, it's usually at the Atlantic Connection on Circuit Ave in Oak Bluffs. It should be on Sunday, Oct 15, usually starts at 1 PM.

Unfortunately, I think the Authority stops running the ferry to the Oak Bluffs terminal by then, and the Island Queen stops running around Columbus Day. But there should be enough of the Rats around to pick you guys up at Vineyard Haven.

Squidmama
08-24-2000, 07:39 PM
Hi Tony and Mike, Thanks for the info on the eel skins. Rolands going to go there. Mike is correct about the Awards ceremony.I got a real nice picture of Huff from Charlie and had it blown up.They told me I could have it displayed in the Weigh Station for the month long derby I'm going to be writing her soon to tell her we would love to pick her up at the ferry and anyone else for the awards ceremony.
Roland and I bought, for the Memorial Award, a Shimano 6500 bait runner and some very special friends of ours, fisherwomen and baitcaster donated NUMEROUS lures. Roland went with what he thought Huff would use. Mike, is the offer still on from Brad donating some plugs? Do you think we should get a rod or is the reel and plugs enough? We will be doing this every year for him. Well hope all is well with you two. Tony, my sister made more of "Huffs Parking signs" for me. A week from Sunday-- can't wait.

Mike P
08-24-2000, 11:33 PM
Hi Sherry. I'll be leaving for the Cape on Sunday, I'm sure I'll see Brad while I'm there. I'd like to contribute the rod, something that will match a Baitrunner. Is Huff's award going to be for surf, or boat, just so I have an idea of what type of rod to look for.

OK, the curiosity is getting the better of me--what are Huff Parking Signs?

JohnR
08-25-2000, 07:06 AM
Sherry, do you have details on the award, the presentation and such. I'd like to put it up.

Thanks,

John

BTW - when will you two be down the Vineyard?? I'm down the first week of October...

Squidmama
08-26-2000, 09:55 AM
Hi Mike, That is just wonderful about you getting the rod. From the surf would be great. Tell Brad we were asking for them.

John, we're leaving for the Vineyard Sept 3 and won't be home until Nov 1st. Whe we get there, we always sign up early for the derby. All the info abut Huffs Memorial Award is SUPPOSE to be in the brochure all anglers get. As soon as I get all the info, I'll let you know. Thanks so much for helping
It will be the Robert "Huff" Laingly Memorial Award. There are going to put all the names of the top anglers from shore, in a hat, and draw the winner and that individual will win the reel we bought, the rod from Mike and numerous lures from Fisherwoman and baitcaster. So I'll be n touch