View Full Version : A Legend Passes

Fish On
02-20-2006, 04:15 PM
I heard that Curt Gowdy passed away this morning at the age of 86 at his home in Florida after a long battle with leukemia. My thoughts go out to his family, friends, and fans.

I can remember lake fishing with my uncle back in my early days. We'd come around the edge of a cove, the sun would be setting over the horizon, the water.....a mirror, the only ripples created by our casts to a weedline and my uncle would say, "looks like a place you'd expect to find Curt Gowdy". I know a lot of people will remember him for his Red Sox announcements. But I'll think of him each time I'm lucky enough to find myself in paradise.

Tight lines Curt!

fcap60
02-20-2006, 04:21 PM
I watched him and looked forward to his weekly TV show "Kurt Gowdy Outdoors" for many years when I was growing up.

He was an Icon in the sport and he will be missed by many.

piemma
02-20-2006, 04:41 PM
I loved listening to baseball on the radio with Curt calling the games.

gone fishin
02-20-2006, 05:10 PM
He sure loved the old #9

Pt.JudeJoe
02-20-2006, 05:53 PM
I always looked forward to Sunday afternoons and the American Sportsman . All kinds of hunting and fishing. It was so cool. Try getting [I]that[I] kind of show on tv now.

basswipe
02-20-2006, 05:56 PM
I always looked forward to Sunday afternoons and the American Sportsman . All kinds of hunting and fishing. It was so cool. Try getting [I]that[I] kind of show on tv now.

You got that right.

Slammer223
02-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Hi neighbor.Have a Gansett.

Swimmer
02-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Remember those shows when we were kids? The fishing, hunting, and the rest of the world of sports, and all those famous guests. My favorite one was where he had spent time on this old guys farm hunting in the snow and at the end of the show it shows the old guy standing hip deep in snow about two undred feet from his barn and the old guys voice over said, "if heaven ain't like Jackson Hole I'm not going". He's in everybodies hall of fame.:claps:

BasicPatrick
02-21-2006, 01:37 AM
I jsut posted the official obituary and funeral notice from the Family in another thread. Sad, but now he can fish all the time. My prayers go out to the family.

striprman
02-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Hi neighbor, have a 'gansett

JHABS
02-22-2006, 08:24 PM
He will be missed by all, He was a Pioneer to Sports Broadcasting,Use to watch the American Sportsman all the time Great show Thanks Curt