02-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Found something new today,for me anyway-- usually when i drop a

wet plug or get a bad paint run, i throw them on a pile, and when i get

enough after a month or so, i resand,reseal,reprime and repaint again

Today i messed up 2 that i really needed to finish , so i hit them with

the hair dryer to speed up the drying,and then after waiting an hour i

was able to peel the rubbery finish off down to the dry primer with

the pressure of my thumb. No need to seal again, just a light 220

paper and a quick spray of cover stain and ready to paint.

Saved time and alot of $#@!!%&^%%. too. :)

Tagger
02-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Dave,,, like them multi-task ideas,, drying your hair and making plugs.. genius ..:gf:

numbskull
02-24-2006, 07:03 AM
If you are using Createx, just take them to the sink, run hot water over them, and wipe em clean. Works even if they've dried, although in that case a scotchbrite pad helps. This will leave your primer intact and you can repaint, usually without resanding, in an hour or less.

If you are using spray cans, I've had success just spraying on a heavy coat of Krylon clear, letting it sit for a few seconds, then wiping with a coarse scotchbrite stripping pad and paper towel. You'll have to repeat a couple of times, but the Krylon softens the paint quickly and you can get a plug back down to primer pretty fast. The fumes also make you forget how mad you are. After this, I let it dry an hour, sand lightly, reprime and go from there.

So far I've had lots of practice with both techniques. Its worked with both Zissner Cover Stain and Zspar marine enamel undercoat as my primer.

capesams
02-24-2006, 07:34 AM
wil-bond.....wipe an done....zip-zip.

Tagger
02-24-2006, 09:14 AM
or just smash them with a hammer,,drop a few f bombs,, and kick a kitten .

justplugit
02-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Dave,,, like them multi-task ideas,, drying your hair and making plugs.. genius ..:gf:

Yup Eddie, multitasking, dam i'm good at it. :hihi: Notice how i double spaced the thread so when i forget how to do it next week i can come back and read it easier. :huh: Always thinkin Eddie, always thinkin. :rotf2:

U are pissa Tagger. :D

justplugit
02-24-2006, 09:32 AM
NS and CS those methods sound easy enough. Thanks :) Kick a kitten, sounds good for the temper thing too, Tagga. :hihi:

JFigliuolo
02-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Finish them and throw them in you bag... The fish could not care less...

ProfessorM
02-24-2006, 10:32 AM
kick a kitten .

I got one to boot if you need it.

Charleston
02-24-2006, 01:14 PM
or just smash them with a hammer,,drop a few f bombs,, and kick a kitten .

Dude!? you get thrown out of bed or something? :rotf3: