View Full Version : The Stoopidist thing I saw at the boat show

Van
02-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Was the "rent a boat" booth. I heard about it on the radio last week and could not beleive my ears. OWN THE WATER NOT THE BOAT !!

Are they insane ?????????

So there are these 2 cute chicks working the booth (go figure) and I told one I think its the worst idea EVER !!!! Shes telling me people get safety trained before they are allowed to rent. So I ask "Whats the biggest boat I can rent?" Oh, we have a 28 footer...

I freaked, you gotta be Sheeting me !!!!! Theres enough trouble out there now with boaters who have been at it for a while and in smaller boats !!!! She sees she not going to win on an intellectual level with me so she asks....Whats your name?? Now it gets good.

I tell her "I'll ask the questions here!" :beat: You shoulda seen the expression on her face. I wish I had a camera, I guess cute chicks don't get that much!:huh: TOO BAD, Anyway she tried to sway me that its a good idea. I just kept shaking my head. Then I was on my way.

Just the same...IMO...it has to be the worst idea in boating I've ever heard of. But maybe I'll take that 28' for a ride and see how much damage I can do on a weekend day...

Rip Runner
02-24-2006, 08:21 AM
Renting a boat is nothing new. I've rented boats in Florida a number of times.

RIROCKHOUND
02-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Yeah, and the bahamas... its very common...
Van; no worse then the guy with the 45ft sea ray blowing around Newport Harbor on 4th of July weekend... you dont need a lic. to run your own boat... trust me I've seen every stupid thing that can be done out there.... it usually happens right in front of my bow...
as far as these boat-o-minium time share things, I'm not sold it's a good idea or bad idea, but probably the company will make money either way...

Van
02-24-2006, 08:33 AM
They rent out of Marina Bay, straight shot into Boston Harbor. 10 thousand boats on the water on a weekend day in an area that is big enough for about 500.....

and...how the hell they gonna dock that badboy at the end of the day with a couple of 30 packs emptied.

Marina Bay has like 2000 slips, really close to each other, and many million dollar boats...

I still think its a BAD idea. Like you said RR, I've seen more than my share. It ain;t like renting a car.....

beamie
02-24-2006, 08:44 AM
Van,

2 cute chicks in a booth, I'm trying to go in this morning, now I'm definately going, where is their booth?

That Companies insurance must be insane.

Van
02-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Van,

2 cute chicks in a booth, I'm trying to go in this morning, now I'm definately going, where is their booth?

That Companies insurance must be insane.

When you walk in go left and they are along the wall after the consession. I think almost to the corner.

Tell her I said HELLO :scream: :wave: :huh: