View Full Version : One More.....Grocery Cart Etiquette!

BigFish
02-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Your thoughts on the pains in the ass that feel the need to block a whole friggen isle with their shopping cart!!!:mad: They leave their cart on one side of the isle while they grab something from the opposite side....thus blocking the entire isle!!! Or the new trend.....pulling the friggen cart from the front instead of pushing.....pain in the butt people! Or when they get in line in front of you and then realize they forgot something right in the middle of being rung up and they run back across the f'in store to get what they need saying..."I will only be a minute"!!!! 7 minutes later they return and then realize what they got was actually not what they wanted and then they say "forget it"!!!!!!!!

I could go on....anyone wanna go shopping with me??? I hate it!!!!:mad:

fishaholic18
02-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Larry, you better stay out of the supermarket, your blood pressure will probably go down....:laugha:

Slingah
02-27-2006, 05:53 PM
your whacked.......

BigFish
02-27-2006, 05:55 PM
I hate the supermarket!!!!!:rocketem:

Backbeach Jake
02-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Shopping carts should have those tricycle bells on them to announce your presence to those who chose to ignore you. Ding-ding!, ding-ding! until their heads pop out of their hinies and they move.

Slipknot
02-27-2006, 06:48 PM
yes I'd like to go shop with you to see how perfect you are so I know what I am supposed to do with my carraige when I want something on the other side of the isle. :huh:

Squid kids Dad
02-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Larry..Me thinks your drinking way to much coffee...Try decaf....:wave:

Swimmer
02-27-2006, 07:28 PM
I always thought it was a great place to scope out chicks!!!:bl:

Raider Ronnie
02-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Larry,
Do you own any hand guns or shot guns ???:lossinit:

sok
02-27-2006, 08:09 PM
I like the ones who hit you in the back while your waiting to pay because they are too busy talking on the cell phone to pay attention.
Always in another language too. Usually Russian or Spanish.
(Not prejudice; I hate everyone.)
I work directly across from a supermarket so I see it all.
How about the ones that buy $400.00 worth of groceries and just walk away with the cart?
I can't think of a single place I have gone freshwater fishing around here that I haven't seen a cart or 12.
They actually pay someone full time just to run around and pick up carts. Brand new F-350. I think I'm in the wrong business.

MAC
02-27-2006, 08:12 PM
Larry,
Do you own any hand guns or shot guns ???:lossinit:

:bl2: Let's hope not:err:

Van
02-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Larry, you better stay out of the supermarket, your blood pressure will probably go down....:laugha:

Yes stay out of:

Supermarkets
Walmarts
Home Cheapo
Drunkin Donuts
Gas Stations
Vehicles of any kind
Any road I am on

Maybe you should just stay home ALWAYS !!!!! (except to go fishing)

Pete_G
02-27-2006, 08:34 PM
I always thought it was a great place to scope out chicks!!!:bl:

Haha, very true. My local Stop and Shop is right on the edge of Salve Regina...

I almost like food shopping.

MoroneSaxatilis
02-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Whoever invented those shopping carts
that are mock-ups of little cars
should be jailed.

:ss:

The Dad Fisherman
02-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Whoever invented those shopping carts
that are mock-ups of little cars
should be jailed.

:ss:

Hey....Be nice....I'm the IT guy for that company. That little cart helps pay my salary.

I keep pushing for a Beach buggy version with a rod holder up front that holds snoopy rods....Not buying into it yet

vineyardblues
02-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Larry, u make me LOL

VB

Fishpart
02-28-2006, 09:55 AM
Larry, maybe you should just stay in the house that way nobody could bother you..........

MoroneSaxatilis
02-28-2006, 11:57 AM
....Not buying into it yet
Thank Gawd

Jimbo
02-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Larry, make the experience a positive one. Swimmer is dead on balls accurate, the supermarket should be an opportunity to stalk the fairer species (ref. frozen foods section on a hot summer day). If someone blocks your path or leaves the cart unattended, it is your obligation to throw in some additional things, as a concerned shopper, that you think they cannot do without. For a repeat offender, if you are really bothered, put something on the bottom rack of the cart and then wait to see if they get nabbed.
Finally, cart etiquette doesn't just happen inside the store, but I have not found an effective way to deal with people who just let them roll after their grocieries are in the car, so I still park about 1/4 mile away.

stiff tip
02-28-2006, 01:29 PM
larry its simple? just Doubble your meds ;the day you go !!!!!if you time it wright you can have one of the electict carts ;and YOU can get in every ones way your self ..can;t beatum than joinum?? capt.cc

RIROCKHOUND
02-28-2006, 04:28 PM
If it's a couple blocking the aisle... sneak a 12pack of rubbers in there.. see what happens where he/she finds out...

Mike P
02-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Larry, make the experience a positive one. Swimmer is dead on balls accurate, the supermarket should be an opportunity to stalk the fairer species (ref. frozen foods section on a hot summer day).

If you're actively looking, lose any shopping list you might have. Nothing says "married" like a guy using a shopping list :D

Frozen foods used to be better when they had the open freezers instead of the glass cased ones :( Now you have to wait for one to open the door before the brights come on.

Raven
03-02-2006, 06:29 AM
I hate the supermarket!!!!!

there's times for politeness and then you have to just yell

OUT OF MY WAY coming thru ---> make way....

and if that doesnt work in a real deep voice i go:
(this should be easy for you BF)
fee fii fooo fum and i crash my friggan cart right into theres

bam ! that usually works and bring a sqeaky toy
to make noises at them...with... soon you'll be laughing :D

Jimbo
03-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Raven you're bringing a whole new genre of tactics to the supermarket experience. I am going to remember to incorporate animal noises, maybe some classic Monty Python or Three Stooges expressions, possibly Yosemite Sam, to the rude, obtuse, or otherwise plain old ignorant blocking the aisles. This could even embarrass members of my own family let alone the target audience. I'm so excited I almost can't wait to go shopping again.

seabass
03-02-2006, 11:23 AM
BF , You've got some issues.Need to chill out:gu:

Raider Ronnie
03-02-2006, 07:00 PM
BF , You've got some issues.Need to chill out:gu:

You think !!!:err:
This forum should be renamed
The bigfish forum, instead of the grumpy old farts forum:D

Raven
03-02-2006, 08:19 PM
hey thats a great idea.... captain Ron
cuz ever since he had that last birfday
he's been a grump.... he's feelin old
i think.... gettin cranky... :D
even the old ladies at the supermarket
are kicken his ass...

:hidin:

BigFish
03-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Thats it! Not takin' you or Raider Ron fishing with me....:err:...or to the supermarket!:bl2:

seabass
03-03-2006, 08:50 AM
If I thought you were going to be this grumpy, I would've let ya keep the asteriods title!