View Full Version : NFL cap cuts

Raider Ronnie
03-04-2006, 03:46 AM
Just wondering if Pats fans really think Adam will be kicking for another team next season.
Or what other guys they will loose.
I think they would do better to cut Dillion to save lots more cap money before they think of letting Vinatieri leave !!!
The Raiders cut Ted Washington this week, What a mistake signing him!!! you guys can have him back now !!!

afterhours
03-04-2006, 08:19 AM
i understand that it would cost more against the cap to release dillon than to keep him, probably something to do with his bonus $$ hitting the cap all at once as opposed to spreading it out? can't see adam leaving (or the patriots letting him go) over a few hun' thou. just wish his leg was a little stronger for kickoffs.

ProfessorM
03-04-2006, 09:20 AM
I heard all the talk in Indy was Edgrine James is coming to the Pats. That would work.

afterhours
03-04-2006, 09:23 AM
edge is one of the best.

Mike P
03-04-2006, 11:11 AM
The Raiders cut Ted Washington this week, What a mistake signing him!!! you guys can have him back now !!!

I'm pretty sure the Jets feel the same way about Ty Law.

And Lawyer Milloy has certainly made the Bills a force to be reckoned with in the AFC East.

I'm starting to get the idea the Pats' front office knows what it's doing with these cap cuts :humpty:

Bigcat
03-04-2006, 11:35 AM
I think the player contracts are a joke. How can a player like say Ty Law when he was on the Pats be owed 10 million for his last year and be cut?The players never get what they sign for? Thats why a great player Seymoure did not honor his contract, held out and got more money last year.

Raider Ronnie
03-04-2006, 04:11 PM
I think the player contracts are a joke. How can a player like say Ty Law when he was on the Pats be owed 10 million for his last year and be cut?The players never get what they sign for? Thats why a great player Seymoure did not honor his contract, held out and got more money last year.

I hope you don't feel sorry for these guys !!!
They certainly don't have it as good as the NBA or MLB who both have guaranteed contracts,
But most all NFL players had a FREE ride through college,
and on average, will make more money in the average nfl career than the average working stiff will make in 2 lifetimes !!!

Bigcat
03-05-2006, 02:23 AM
Hell I don't feel sorry for them at all,but the NFL contracts are bogus.

BigFish
03-05-2006, 08:07 AM
Only 2 lifetimes Ron? Try more like 20 lifetimes!:hs:

Raider Ronnie
03-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Only 2 lifetimes Ron? Try more like 20 lifetimes!:hs:

I'de settle for the full free ride from paying for college for my 3 kids