View Full Version : New member

Squidhound
03-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Just signed up, after lurking around for a while. I'm mostly a boat guy, I've done a little shore based fishing here and there for one reason or another, but I'm mostly a boat guy based near the West End of the Ditch. I've been fishing since my early childhood, but I guess I can only say I got real serious about catching Stripers in the late eighties to early nineties chasing those growing fish as they raised the size limit every year.

My only experience in internet chat rooms is another site similar to this that i signed up for a couple months ago. What I've learned about them so far is to walk carefully because the rocks can be slippery. I'll probably spend some time reading for a while so I don't slip and split my head open.:poke:

Anyway, I figured I'd take a minute and kinda introduce myself or whatever.

Hi I'm Tom and I'm a Tackle junky, Bassaholic, last cast I promise, one more and that's it, after this one we leave.... really, alright we'll troll towards home, hey what are those birds doin, is that action over there.............well you know what I'm saying.:wave:

Clammer
03-06-2006, 12:02 AM
WELCOME //enjoy /bunchof great guys on this site ,.,.,.,.,.,.:claps: :wavey:

Raven
03-06-2006, 01:24 AM
to S-B and thanks for that great introduction... :wavey:

it was layered in gold.... :btu:

Slingah
03-06-2006, 07:01 AM
welcome:wave:

afterhours
03-06-2006, 07:22 AM
welcome aboard!

ThrowingTimber
03-06-2006, 07:31 AM
He's got bass on the brain, YUP!!

Welcome to the site man! No need to tread too carefully, here. Great bunch of guys and not many of the internet handbag fights you see at other places. Here its basically, dont type anything you wouldnt want a young adult to read (we have some young active members) and second areas are ok to discuss, but to say I was smoking them at gps numbers such and such is frowned upon, aside form the dude ROCK on! WOnt be long now!!!

Whats you game plan for no herring in MA this year?
:buds:

Skitterpop
03-06-2006, 07:40 AM
:wavey: Welcome.... it is I SkitterPop from the dark side :hidin:

Indanite here.... nice intro sir :claps:

UserRemoved1
03-06-2006, 08:00 AM
SH welcome. I fish the same area down to Cutty on a regular basis maybe we'll fish this year. Hey didja see that boil I think there's fish over there as I call my wife and tell her I won't be home for dinner :D

JFigliuolo
03-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Come in, sit down. This is one of if not the best stiper group online.

Squidhound
03-06-2006, 09:36 AM
"it is I SkitterPop from the dark side "

:btu: Hi, Skittah/Indanite, :uhoh: I'm gonna need some kind of code book to remember who I'm talking to.

SB- That sounds good, I travel the same route, you mentioned, and beyond. It sure was getting pricey last year, especially on solo missions.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Squidhound
03-06-2006, 02:57 PM

Well part of my gameplan looks like this.....

Squidhound
03-06-2006, 03:06 PM

I'll also be trying harder with artificials, more than I ever have. Probably trying to match the hatch, the nice rubber stuff they put out now, Bunker spoons, Squid squid squid-(another nice thing about spring)

I know I'm not allowed to posess herring, but can I just hold one for a little while? I'm sorry officer, it's a sickness........ really.... it's just not springtime unless I have that special scent on my fingers. MMMMM fresh herring in April, it's been one of the best times of year for so many years. I'm glad they're protecting them. I hope they come back strong. I hate to think we're protecting them just to fatten up the seals.