View Full Version : Back from Berkley

MAC
03-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Well I made it back from the Berkley Flea market safe and sound. Lot of nice stuff. Here is what I brought back.

MAC
03-06-2006, 09:30 AM
picked up some stuff for others while I was there. All in all it was a good time. Just a long drive. Oh and driving thru NY city, unbelievable :doh:

Charleston
03-06-2006, 09:36 AM
Mac;
It was good seeing you again. I'm glad to hear that you made it home safe.
Next time take 287 to the Garden State Parkway and drive around the city!!
Those plugs in the box with "Johnny" written on them?? Was Johnny at the show or is that someone different?

eastendlu
03-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Very nice Dave now you know why i take the ferry.Also i am bringing a friend to the plugfest as my guest thesurf121(ken).Was at his house this weekend bs'ing and invited him to come along.We were talking about your plugs and i mentioned he should come and meet you.

Nebe
03-06-2006, 09:55 AM
ohhh are those gary's plugs you got there??? :drool:

MAC
03-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Mac;
It was good seeing you again. I'm glad to hear that you made it home safe.
Next time take 287 to the Garden State Parkway and drive around the city!!
Those plugs in the box with "Johnny" written on them?? Was Johnny at the show or is that someone different?

Good seeing you too Bill. I took 287 going home, boy all those toll booths suk. Ya just get moving and ya have to stop again:poke:
The ones with Johnny on them are for Ratty, Gary said Johnny was looking for a couple of slims. Of course if he doesn't want them I'll be more than happy to fish them:hihi:

Hi Lou, I am looking forward to RI too. But don't want to wish away the whole season.. :D

Striperknight
03-06-2006, 09:57 AM
I think you got 1 of each that was there.:hihi:
Going through NY is no fun. Its a long trip.

MAC
03-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Here is a better picture of the resin bass. He had 2 sizes and this was the smaller one. Not bad for 35 bux. He also had other species; marlin,tarpon,tuna. Large ones are about 3 times the size so I chose the smallewr of the 2.

tobias
03-06-2006, 11:04 AM
:jump:

libassboy
03-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Look at all the Gary 2's.......Looks like you scored bigtime MAC! :drool: :drool: :drool: :humpty:

Diggin Jiggin
03-06-2006, 12:12 PM
That resin fish is sweet, its got 'mantle' written all over it.
I hope the guy that made it is not bringing them to the msba show, otherwise I'm gonna have a fight on my hands.

Sorry hon, but isn't that wedding photo gettin kind of old.:gorez:

derf
03-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Looks like you scored bigtime MAC!
hummm , thats an understatement..:rotfl:
ya shoulda seen the look on his face when tony came over with that box of old lures :eyes:
derf

MAC
03-06-2006, 01:55 PM
hummm , thats an understatement..:rotfl:
ya shoulda seen the look on his face when tony came over with that box of old lures :eyes:
derf

:hidin:

capesams
03-06-2006, 02:05 PM
mustta been heaven..one of these times I'll go..after renewing my over the bridge shots.

Tagger
03-06-2006, 04:00 PM
nice Gary 2 heist .. I'm jealous as a bastage

Sudsy
03-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Well I made it back from the Berkley Flea market safe and sound.

I can't believe I missed you at the fling :wall: . I wanted to personally thank you for that fly reel - my little guy loves it.

MAC
03-06-2006, 04:15 PM
I can't believe I missed you at the fling :wall: . I wanted to personally thank you for that fly reel - my little guy loves it.

Glad to hear it. Anything to help the kids.:btu:

MAC
03-06-2006, 04:16 PM

You had the oppurtunity to go..... You should see what came in a box today:jump:

eastendlu
03-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Can i take a guess?::uhoh:

MAC
03-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Can i take a guess?::uhoh:n to secrecy..(hint ask Ken) :D

gary2
03-06-2006, 04:44 PM
It was nice to see you again make and your sweet wood.The Wood O's were still curing as you were going home:usd:
Hope they get ther butt kicked good in that canal,they should swim the balls in there:btu:
I have a yellow that will be going north very soon for a swap,about a year old owsie,sorry Slip
gary

Tagger
03-06-2006, 04:48 PM
I have a yellow that will be going north very soon for a swap,about a year old owsie,sorry Slip
gary

hmmm why does that ring a bell ?:gf:

Striperknight
03-06-2006, 04:54 PM
The guy who won the Tagger needle and Nike Roman came up to me
looking to trade the needle. I tried to get the Nike out of him but he would not give it up. :wall: Sweet plug.

vineyardblues
03-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Mac,
What was in the roman box?
Gary 2 ................sweet
ALso the bass is MINT!
VB

MAC
03-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Mac,
What was in the roman box?
Gary 2 ................sweet
ALso the bass is MINT!
VB

wouldn't you like to know:smokin: :jump1:

It's the sizzler I got on eBay. Picked it up at the show.

Slipknot
03-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Nice score Mac :btu:

Gary, you're a good chit and an even better plug builder, thanks for remembering. I hope everything is well with you :wavey:

Sudsy
03-06-2006, 07:59 PM
It was nice to see you again and your sweet wood.
Hey Gary, just speaking as a friend, you might want to find a new phrase to use to say hello. :blush: Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Tagger
03-06-2006, 08:55 PM
The guy who won the Tagger needle and Nike Roman came up to me
looking to trade the needle.
I took the needle out of my fishing stash because I wasn't holding too good at the time . had to give something.. The needle cast great and is bigfish proven over and over . i hope you got it .. its magic .:alien:

Striperknight
03-06-2006, 09:20 PM
I took the needle out of my fishing stash because I wasn't holding too good at the time . had to give something.. The needle cast great and is bigfish proven over and over . i hope you got it .. its magic .:alien:

Now you tell me...:eek5: I wanted the Nike in a bad way.:devil:

NIB
03-06-2006, 09:43 PM
F-Berkley an there F'N show showed up like every yr at 7:30 an they wouldn't let me in.I will not sit outside an wait with the general public So I left.Some new BS rule...My new rule is they can kiss my ass.Phone calls today says it's all straightened out.Too little too late.They will never see any of my doe again.
So all my Dollars go to the asbury show.Better show anyways.Pissed i didn't get to see ya Dave i had a needle for u to give to Tagger.:D

Striperknight
03-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Ok... I'll bite. Why should you be allowed in early?

Diamond Tackle
03-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Mac,
It was really great seeing you again, and you too SK .
Mac ,those 2 plugs are sweet, esp the Jointed EEL, a true Work of art. I will put them to good use.
Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jump:

NIB
03-07-2006, 05:49 AM
Ok... I'll bite. Why should you be allowed in early?
Because I'm the Notrious NIB of course.

MAC
03-07-2006, 06:56 AM

Yeah, I heard you were standing in line but never showed. I gave a plug to Charlie for you. He said he's see you at the meeting and would give it to you then.

NOREASTER
03-07-2006, 07:15 AM
MAC, It was nice to meet you at the show and again .... great plugs. Enjoy the Floyd Roman.

For NIB - I am a member of the Berkeley Striper Club but I am speaking only for myself. Up until last year we used to let other club members in early but for what ever reasons the club decided not to do that this year. I've got news for you, unless you have a table or are a member of Asbury, your not getting into that show early either.
If you don't want to come to our show that's fine. Some great custom plugs and as well as some vintage lures came through the door as MAC can attest to.

NIB
03-07-2006, 07:59 AM
MAC, It was nice to meet you at the show and again .... great plugs. Enjoy the Floyd Roman.

For NIB I've got news for you, unless you have a table or are a member of Asbury, your not getting into that show early either.
If you don't want to come to our show that's fine. Some great custom plugs and as well as some vintage lures came through the door as MAC can attest to.

I'll wave to ya from the inside Of the Asbury show... I missed Newelly that sucked.Not worried bout dave i'll run into him sometime in the future.he's always been a great guy.nothing personal.Seems there's always some turmoil in ur club.Frankie Z is a good friend of mine The guy at the door didn't even know who he was???apparently he's not runnin things any more thats too bad.I stood on line for like 2 mins.an I left.I was getting real close to rumbling with the other 30 morons on line.I would usually dump 2-3,4 bills in there.Not much in the scope of things.would make my donations to the club.All gone.Goin home was good therapy i got way too many plugs anyways.Went to fishermans supply an got that nice little VS bag for 79 bucks.I go mainly to see people I don't see much like John Jr.Haven't had a chance to wish my condolences on the passin of his dad.Others like Frank, Shelly,Gene..From what i understand some of the berkely guys had their feathers ruffled when they had to stand on line at the Asbury show last yr.So they came up with this great new rule. oh well If I had know in advance i would not have wasted the time or gas.I won't make that mistake in the future..Some one said why should I get in early.Other than being long time friends of some of the folks who ran things I can't really give a response.I really don't deserve any special treatment an don't want any.I don't play well with others standing on line in early march ain't my gig either.Good luck with future shows...

Charlie M
03-07-2006, 10:33 AM
nice meeting and gabbing with some of you guys. Lots of nice stuff there.

derf
03-07-2006, 11:14 AM
http://images.snapfish.com/346498387%7Ffp346%3Evq%3D3276%3E76%3A%3E%3A74%3EWS NRCG%3D32335732%3B7364vq0mrj

ok , how do i do the "click on image for bigger picture thingy" ??

Skitterpop
03-07-2006, 11:36 AM

I would have let you in early Tony and made sure you got a few free plugs ..... some of the best parts of old school friendships and associations have gone bye bye with the advent of too many people being out there nowadays.

Respect

PASurfer
03-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Hey Mac :wave:

Good to see you, again, and glad you made it back home safe.

Fish that flaptail... I just got back from the local creek, showing one off to a friend, and caught a 10" smallie in the process. Lucky no warden was around, 'cause I still haven't picked up a 2006 freshwater license yet. :laughs:

Tagger
03-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Pissed i didn't get to see ya Dave i had a needle for u to give to Tagger.:D Geeeezz wilerkers !! I just missed out again. :scream2: Spare me the agony Tony you little floozy plug tease. I will not enable your plug abuse any more .:hs: You Notorious bastage

NIB
03-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Geeeezz wilerkers !! I just missed out again. :scream2: Spare me the agony Tony you little floozy plug tease. I will not enable your plug abuse any more .:hs: You Notorious bastage
Been driving around wit it in my truck for a week with slips darter.I haven't gone to the po because i gotta check the darter to see how it swims.it swam great without paint an epoxy but u never know.well I haven't put hooks on it yet or put a fish pole in the truck.so thats where i stand. if i'm lucky u guys will have it by the time u'll need to use em.597 swap plugs where made in the meantime.:D.Its no big deal but the colors will work for u.so u should fish it.