View Full Version : BLOOCRAB

Tattoo
04-04-2002, 12:48 PM
CLEAN YOUR MAILBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smash: :smash: :smash:

bloocrab
04-04-2002, 01:01 PM
......silly me.......:smash: :smash:

....Tattooo the bucket is empty but the gut is full.....

.....I'll be catchin fish soon, and that aint' no bull......

....:eek: ...a poet, who didn't even know it.....:laughs:

JohnR
04-04-2002, 01:52 PM
Bloo - howze school going? Almost over?

bloocrab
04-04-2002, 04:08 PM
well John, I've been doing an internship with my local school system -(past 5 weeks)- and have since learned much much more...(ya can't beat hands on ;))....I've done some networking...ie: patch panel connectivity problems to switches and drops, configured IPs to workstations, worked with some security policies...installed Airport Cards for a wireless networking system...(which I don't really care for, too much interference...constantly losing signal frequency when you don't have enough base stations, and with the lockers in the hallways..:rolleyes:...it increases the interference..)..installed lots of software/hardware/printers....updating browsers and simple stuff like that....also some troubleshooting, my favorite!!....I love to pick my brain...yeah, that little thing...:D

...I've been slacking on the testing....trying to learn the school's system so I could be as productive as possible (they run mostly MAC.)... My classes are over....and the hunt is on!!!....in the mean time, I'm still studying ...I'm A+/MCP, but it seems that isn't enough....

...I didn't get to touch the Server :laughs: ...and I don't blame them....but I've seen my share of spagetti boards ....YIKES!!!....and tried to untangle some of the messes, to figure out what going where...:confused:

...the only thing I need now is for someone to give me the opportunity to show them that I can learn their system, and contribute to their growth and success. I've been applying for entry level positions...but without experience, it -t'ain't- easy...:D

......Wish me luck!!!......

P.S. unfortunately, I've been slacking on the "toons" ...its hard to do fun stuff...when life ain't straight.....know what I mean?..:)

but you bet your hiney....I'm fishing!!! :D

JohnR
04-04-2002, 04:18 PM
We'll need to get together over at my house, I think I can find enough spare parts that you can build a seperate "server" at home so you can learn the "server" side of things ;) . It's always easier on the ticker to crash your server instead of work's... Just so you know, when I hire a low experience / fresh outa school admin, I'm going to grab a guy that has done an internship. It does help, but you need the tests too...

Don't fret. It took me 6 months before they let me touch a server. A year later I was runnin' the joint (well the network anyway :rolleyes: )

We have since gone from 80 people and 3 servers to almost 300, 16 servers (MS is a server hog, takes 5 boxed to replace 1 perfectly functioning Netware box :af: ) in three cities with several smaller remote sites. Moral of this story? Be REAL carefull what you wish for...

Spare Spool
04-04-2002, 04:51 PM
Hey Bloo, I sent you a PM.

Bobbike
04-05-2002, 07:07 AM
Check out Unisys.com They may be hiring and do take on entery level hardware techs

Bob B.

bloocrab
04-05-2002, 08:40 AM
...Thanks for the lead......bob ;)

....I'll check it out...:)

....."and now a word from our sponsor"

..."Studies have shown that the "SPORT" of fishing creates a state of euphoria that equals the sensation achieved by that of an awakening bear after its long period of hibernation.".....

.....ok, I suck........but guess what???.....

....I'M OUT THE DOOR, AND I'M GOING FISHING!!!!

....maybe you'll be able to hear me roar as I approach the Ocean!!....

....."RRRRRRROOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!"........

Tattoo
04-05-2002, 08:56 AM
Get a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.........no I am not jealous.:af: