View Full Version : Simple Social Security Fix--

justplugit
03-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Our senators and Congressman don't get SS, they don't pay into it. I understand their special program basically give them their leaving salary/year for the rest of their lives ,with increments of increase for cost of living. They don't pay into it either.

Push for a bill that will put them on SS instead, and see how quick it gets fixed. :hihi:

PI guy
03-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Amen to that.

Raven
03-09-2006, 05:01 PM
when you have a social security card....it should be a photo I.D.
on file...(just like a drivers licence) instead of the card they issue...

i'll never forget being questioned to the third degree and threatoned with arrest when i put my SS number down on an employment form one time when looking for a job....

what a bunch of crap....they gave me! when a "GIRL" in Boston had stolen my number... Identity theft is everywhere !mad:

this is a major security flaw with our present system..because all it takes to get a drivers license is a Social security card....so anyone can just lie and get one. whats up with that? it's rediculous.

Karl F
03-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Excellent Idea JPI, I have felt that the lifetime "Dole" for our politicians should come to an abrupt end.

BTW, I also think we should ALL get the same Health Care Plan, those lyin theivin bastages get too.
Technically, they do "work" for us, Right?

tattoobob
03-09-2006, 10:24 PM
I just want them to give me all the money I have paid into it sense I was 14, 30yrs. with intrest and I will do what I please with it. I would have plenty to retire with. With no worries. I noticed Bushes plan went by the way side

Skip N
03-10-2006, 12:51 AM
I just want them to give me all the money I have paid into it sense I was 14, 30yrs. with intrest and I will do what I please with it. I would have plenty to retire with. With no worries. I noticed Bushes plan went by the way side

Yeah the Dems put up a stink over that. I liked the idea of having ME put my money where i want it to go. I doubt i'll ever see that money when i retire 40 years from now!

Slipknot
03-10-2006, 07:36 AM
Being self employed it kills me each year to send that money in, it ends up being most of the fed. tax I pay anyway. I'd much rather put it in a Roth IRA or even my SEP fund. I am at the end of the baby boomers and there will be nada left when I retire if I ever do retire. :exp: :skulz:

I wish someone would pay me my full salary at retirement :smash:
Must be nice to be a legislature :doh: That money could go a long way to help others that really need it. Why should they be allowed special treatment? oh ya, they voted for it for themselves, the greedy bastards :smash:

Goose
03-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Being self employed it kills me each year to send that money in, it ends up being most of the fed. tax I pay anyway. I'd much rather put it in a Roth IRA or even my SEP fund. I am at the end of the baby boomers and there will be nada left when I retire if I ever do retire. :exp: :skulz:

I wish someone would pay me my full salary at retirement :smash:
Must be nice to be a legislature :doh: That money could go a long way to help others that really need it. Why should they be allowed special treatment? oh ya, they voted for it for themselves, the greedy bastards :smash:

I hear ya Bruce. Besides IRA's, guys who are self employed need to find other ways to invest. I had to sell rental property to get to where I am now. Buying more in the future is not a bad idea. If you turn 65, sell your home and live off tentants that's more then freakin ss.

"uffah!!"
03-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Or, we can all become politicians just before our 65th birthday,spend one turn in office, then retire with their salary!! That sounds pretty good to me. To bad I didn't think of it sooner!!!!