View Full Version : Bigfish you missed this grumpage

Swimmer
03-09-2006, 11:35 AM
What about the car manufacturers that have in the last couple of years are again starting to put gas fills on the right side of the motor vehicles causing massive snarlups at gas stations? In Massachusetts thier used to be an adhered to rule that all cars must fill on the right side of the gas island when getting gas. It never changed that I know of. I know in the eighties the manufacturers started doing this, placing the fills on the right side, because people who were running out of gas on the highways were getting run over while putting gas in the cars from a five gallon container while standing adjacent to the travel lane. This must piss you off Larry.

BigFish
03-09-2006, 11:47 AM
No not so much Frank...gotta do what you gotta do. Funny thing is I used to work at a gas station pumping gas years back.....you wanna see one pissed off MF!!!!! I would be yelling and screaming at customers (it was a full serve station) and they would pull into a full 2 lanes of cars and pull up facing the cars at the pumps and expect to be able to get in the line like that!!!!! I used to flip out on people like you would not believe...:confused: (or maybe you would!) I would scream at them that they needed to get in line behind everyone else and I had no problem reaching their fills!!!:bl: I had this one old bastard that would come in every week....he wanted me to pump $10.00 worth of 87 octane and then pump in $10.00 worth of 93?????? What the hell was he trying to accomplish???? Other than saving an extra 30 cents?????:af: :wall: :splat: Gawd I hated that guy!

Slingah
03-09-2006, 03:17 PM
I used to pump gas too...it was a perfect job for a teenager back in the seventies...you dont see many kids doing it these days...I remember having pockets full of cake and hoping I wouldnt get robbed....different times......
Swimmer... I hit one of those the other day ...at a cheapo place...messed up things big time:wall:

MAC
03-09-2006, 04:41 PM
No not so much Frank...gotta do what you gotta do. Funny thing is I used to work at a gas station pumping gas years back.....you wanna see one pissed off MF!!!!! I would be yelling and screaming at customers (it was a full serve station) and they would pull into a full 2 lanes of cars and pull up facing the cars at the pumps and expect to be able to get in the line like that!!!!! I used to flip out on people like you would not believe...:confused: (or maybe you would!) I would scream at them that they needed to get in line behind everyone else and I had no problem reaching their fills!!!:bl: I had this one old bastard that would come in every week....he wanted me to pump $10.00 worth of 87 octane and then pump in $10.00 worth of 93?????? What the hell was he trying to accomplish???? Other than saving an extra 30 cents?????:af: :wall: :splat: Gawd I hated that guy!

Larry, I can't picture you dealing with customers:rotfl:

BigFish
03-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Its an ugly thing MAC!:laugha:

MAC
03-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Its an ugly thing MAC!:laugha:

What, you or me:bgi:

BigFish
03-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Me dealing with customers!:rolleyes: Actually I am real good with my customers....treat them real nice...they love me! Imagine that?:love:

afterhours
03-09-2006, 05:17 PM
larry LOVES people!!!:love:

BigFish
03-09-2006, 05:22 PM
I am a people person....:devil2:

afterhours
03-09-2006, 06:08 PM
were'nt you in the original cast of "up with people"?

Van
03-09-2006, 08:08 PM
larry LOVES people!!!:love:

Yea,,,,,,,MEDIUM RARE !!!!

I have quite a few gas pumping stories too, did the grave yard shift.
Pumped gas during the blizzard of 78'.

but man did I see some sights at 2-5 in the morning..:hihi:

spence
03-09-2006, 09:27 PM
My car fills on the passenger side, is there something wrong with that?

-spence

Squid kids Dad
03-09-2006, 09:36 PM
BF'S song...People....People ,loving people...Its the lovelist feeling...:love:

Swimmer
03-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Did you wash the old guys windshield?:jump: