View Full Version : Custom Rod

PLASTICPIRATE
03-10-2006, 07:17 AM
About a week ago, I asked the question "what would you choose if you were limited to just 1 rod?" Thank you for the replys. I got maney interesting answers. The 1 rod/blank that was mentioned several times (that I do not have or have ever used) was a All Star 1145 blank. I have a few bucks to blow (poker winnings) and want to give this blank a chance. It (hopefully) will be the 1 rod that I will leave in the truck for the duration of the season. Can anyone recommend someone (local is better, I am in Connecticut) who likes to wrap this blank to my specs. I have had custom rods made before but the guy I used to use does'nt do it anymore. Thanks again for the input.

MAC
03-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Try M&D's. Mike isn't local to you but he does a great job wrapping rods. (he is also a sponsor here) I have an 1145 and think it is a great stick. If you lived closer I'd let you try it out.

luds
03-10-2006, 08:05 AM
M&D's is great. Saltheart also does a great job. He wrapped my 1145.

SeaWolf
03-10-2006, 09:03 AM
plasticpirate, all star no longer produces rod blanks. any that are around are leftovers that were bought. some may be still around, but they are hard to find.

rainshadow makes a line of blanks very close to the power and action of the all stars. rogue is also an option. i do not have an old all star catalog in front of me, so i can not give you a comparable r/s or rogue blank. also, you didn't mention whether you wanted one piece or 2-piece. feel free to pm me and i can give you an estimate. i live in ct.

choggieman
03-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Seawolf is in eastern Ct and wraps the best rods on the east coast. As for the all star blank- good luck getting it anywhere.

luds
03-10-2006, 09:16 AM
You can still come by the 1145 blanks if you you call around. However, the warranty isn't worth squat because All Star can't replace the blank because they're no longer made. I broke an 1145 and have only the builder to thank for helping me replace it.