View Full Version : A whole bunch of eel pics

Nebe
03-12-2006, 08:01 PM
:laugha:

just kidding. :hee:

Seriously, what do you guys think about plugs that glow in the dark?? Do you think its hocus pocus, or do you think it is an advantage?? Lets say its the new moon and your dragging a glow in the dark yellow needlefish across the bottom and the waters stirred up-

thoughts?? :huh:

libassboy
03-12-2006, 08:11 PM
I think if anything it will get the bass's attention, so theyll come check it out. Squid do glow when there frightened too, and we all know bass single out the frightened ones. They may also hit it cause theyre annoyed at it kinda like when they smash a pencil, its agrrravating them.
Im doing some serious testing of my own this year with some glow items, im curious to see what happens.

Young Salt
03-12-2006, 08:46 PM
worth a shot......when the water is real dirty or if there is alot of 'fire' in the water.........and if you can keep them from the blues.

Tagger
03-12-2006, 09:09 PM
I've done well with those cheap glow in the dark eye stickers on needles .. don't know if its the eyes .. just its working ..
:eyes:

NIB
03-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Those big rubber grub jig trailors have thier moments.U get a hi fire in the water deal i bet they would work wonders.

Canalman
03-13-2006, 09:54 AM
I've never been a big believer in that... personally. I think it makes your lure look like one of those jelly fish... bass don't eat those :wave:

Nebe- I'm gonna call you tomorrow :call:

Flaptail
03-13-2006, 10:28 AM
In the seventies, Lazy Ike, maker of the Flatfish, came out with a heavy duty model that had a beadchain rig and two treble hooks, 2/0's I beleive, that was pink mackerel and chartruese mackeral over glow in the dark paint. I was given a few to try casting along the beach and never got a bump on one but the fish would eat a seven inch rebel swimming right aside of it. I have no faith in glow anything except maybe jigging through the ice for walleye or teasers above a cod jig. Those are the only instances that glo worked for me.