View Full Version : Givens signs with Titans

kippy
03-15-2006, 06:27 AM
David Givens signed with the Titans yesterday. He wanted a 5 year deal and the Pats offered 4. I knew he wouldnt be back anyway. I think the Pats have only 2 receivers under contract now, Branch and Bethel Johnson. Who do the Pats look to sign now with Jurevicious and Randle-El off the market?

Raider Ronnie
03-15-2006, 06:43 AM
This is funny!
Last summer Davin Givins, allong with Daniel Graham and a few other Pats players were at my dock in Quincy and a few guys at my dock had them on the bow of my boat to pose for a pitcture giving the middle finger to the Raider logo on my bow!
I told the guys who took the pic, that next year when they are free agents and if Al Davis wanted any of them, they would sing a very different tune !!!
I guess Givins is going to have to start liking county music now!!!

boot man
03-15-2006, 07:10 AM
Pat's are in a tough spot right now at WR. I think Troy Brown and Tim Dwight will return, big deal. Too bad Keyshawn is such a tool, he does a lot of things well (catch over the middle, block). But he thinks he is better than he really is, which might not fit in the locker room here.

afterhours
03-15-2006, 07:11 AM
for 8 million up front i bet he'll wear a cowboy hat too! good luck david, good guy and did what he had to do. keyshaun.....great blocker and possesion reciever and bills' buddy, released yesterday.

boot man
03-15-2006, 07:12 AM
David Givens signed with the Titans yesterday. He wanted a 5 year deal and the Pats offered 4. I knew he wouldnt be back anyway. I think the Pats have only 2 receivers under contract now, Branch and Bethel Johnson. Who do the Pats look to sign now with Jurevicious and Randle-El off the market?

I think it was the $8M signing bonus more than the 5th year. Non-guaranteed contracts make length of contract irrelevant to the players. Cash up front is the only thing guaranteed.

The Dad Fisherman
03-15-2006, 08:18 AM
Terrell Owens is on the Market :rolleyes:

taJon
03-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to see some loyalty for once. So tired of sqaubbling over 4 or 5 years for 5 or 5.1 million, give me a break. How bout you start investing in something besides escalades.

The Dad Fisherman
03-15-2006, 10:06 AM
If you want Loyalty you need to get rid of the Agents....I bet if most athletes were actually involved in the contract negotiations you would see more loyalty.....Agents care about nothing but the almighty dollar

Mike P
03-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Loyalty is a two way street, too. Guy suffers a career-ending injury in year 2 of a 5 year deal, you think he's ever gonna get paid for years 3-5? Or how about back-loading a deal for cap purposes, when everyone knows the guy's gonna be a cap cut before the contract expires.

You'd have a better argument if owners guaranteed contracts. They show no loyalty to players, either.

BigFish
03-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Loyalty????? Where is the loyalty for Willie McGinest???:eyes:

fishsmith
03-15-2006, 02:29 PM
Givens was money and I wish him well, but he is just one of many receivers catching the ball game in and game out.
Spend the $$ on protecting Brady and Defense.

in Bill we trust.

Surfcastinglife
03-15-2006, 05:44 PM
jurevicious is already off the market as well as randle el i think so the pats wont be going after those guys