View Full Version : Job Lot Plug Deals

jeffsod
04-11-2002, 12:47 PM
For those of you who love a deal and can't resist buying more plugs for your arsenal I just came from Ocean State Job Lot and what do I see while cruising past the fishing section? Three cardboard bins of Yo Zuri plugs. Now 2/3's of them seemed to be saltwater but there are some freshwater too. I rummaged high and low to see if there were any mag darters but to no avail. Most are swimmers and a bunch have a slot for a glow stick (included) or scent stick. These may be discountinued colors but I am sure they will work. I found some with red head with white or clear body, some all pearl, prism tobimaru, chartruse and pearl cystal minnow. All for the bargain price of $4.99.

JohnR
04-11-2002, 01:43 PM
I've checked 2 stores and have only seen the "Narrow River" tackle companies not quite bargain lures ;) - Might be Ok for Blues but not a "Bargain" - The Yozi's were missing from both stores I checked :(

jeffsod
04-11-2002, 01:58 PM
JohnR- I was in the Ocean State Job Lot in Taunton and it appeared they had just been put out as the boxes were still full and not picked over a bit. I may have just lucked out in my timing. They seemed to be doing some spring reorganizing so they may have yet to put them out. Next time you stop in ask someone if you don't see them as a guy asked an employee about some camo something or other that was in the latest flyer while I was there and the employee said they just hadn't gotton them on the floor yet. On anther note I see someone on RT claiming he saw a similar deal on Yo Zuri's at K Mart for same price but I cannot confirm that.

chris L
04-11-2002, 02:13 PM
I never knew they had a fishing section .

Tattoo
04-11-2002, 04:33 PM
Went to the one in Fall River today, the only thing they had was 3 yeankee lures.

Goose
04-11-2002, 05:04 PM
"Ocean State" Is there a tackel shop that goes by that name ??.....lol Ya get what ya pay for.....Save your $$$ for the spring sales at your local tackel shops;)

Saltheart
04-11-2002, 10:54 PM
Tobies at $4.99 is good. Those are good striper lures. The Blue back and silver body one is a good herring type lure..