View Full Version : Fishing Clubs

jenty
04-13-2002, 03:29 AM
I was reading through the thread on the Rhode Island Surfcasters, and was wondering....

What fishing Clubs are there in RI, do they have any websites, and what are the requirements of becoming a member?

Thanks!
johnny

JohnR
04-13-2002, 07:59 AM
Jenty - there are a few clubs but what are you looking for in a club and would you plant to attend any meetings? After all, you are more than a short drive away ;) ...

IMO - RISAA is too political at times and too diverse in the sense that it's not a Surfcaster's club.

Weekapaug Surfcasters (Don M has a LOT to do with) is certailny a surfcasters club.

The Newport County Salt Water Fishing Club is a mixed surf/boat club with several members also spending time on the boards here - DZ is the president.

The Narragansett Pier SportFishing Association is more boat than surf but it's roots are more surf.

Just a start ;) - cause there's more

jenty
04-13-2002, 12:04 PM
Where can I get more info on Weekapug Surfcasters? The meetings wouldn't be too hard to make once in a while depending on when they are held. Do they have a website?

Thanks!
johnny

JohnR
04-13-2002, 12:27 PM
Jenty - you can follow the links from Weekapaug.com . The Weekapaug Surfcasters are in tight with Weekapaug B&T :eek: :p and you know that shop and have fished that area once or twice - if I remember correctly, their meetings are Sunday afternoons but don't hold me to that.

So when are you gonna move to Rhody?

Don M
04-14-2002, 05:49 AM
jenty,
I can e-mail you some info on the club if you wish.

Don M

jenty
04-14-2002, 06:44 AM
Don;

Thank you, I'd really appreciate that.

johnny