View Full Version : what a friggan mess

Raven
03-29-2006, 05:46 AM
the roofers just got done with my new roof...
glad i'm not paying for it..... except....

unfortunately ...because this farm house is so old

there was no layer of tar paper put down origionally:hs:

so now because the roof was "sheethed" with 1x 8 boards
creating spaces between them here and there.....

it now looks like a (black sand) hawaian beach up in my attic....:bc:

like...... i didnt have enough stuff to do....this spring

since i have to be gone today for several appointments
i think i'm gonna git stuck with the clean-up :af:

Katie
03-29-2006, 06:02 AM
Ouch, that really stinks.. Sorry about that.. Our house is the same way, old farmhouse and it's in need of a new roof in a few places... sept when the house was sided, we found out the house was made outta cardboard..litterally.. thats why we have buckets, for the few leaks..

Swimmer
03-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Raven, go get one of those little round vacuum cleaner robots. :btu:Put it up there and let it go to town.

crash
03-29-2006, 12:08 PM
leafblower:btu:

seabass
03-29-2006, 07:25 PM
When life gives you sand, look for bikinis!

Goose
03-29-2006, 09:13 PM
I know exactly what you mean. After they did my roof I discovered debre all over a my things in the atic, I was BS at the contractor for knowing all that crap was happening and not saying or doing a thing about it. I had him come over, he musta took 5-6 trash barrels of roofing out of there and power fac my attic. Your now looking at a roofer.

Raven
03-29-2006, 10:34 PM
all my boxes up there which arent sealed unfortunately got a major rain-job of roof crap....there's an old h.o. railroad set up there that wasnt mine...a plywood wrap around table.....that will now have to be totally disassembled in order to reach all the crud....:doh: .............its a real pain in the butt now. it's not like i can just go up there and sweep.
i 'm not gonna vacume it all on my knees...to save it... time for the skill saw and sawsall to zip it all up.

Slingah
03-30-2006, 07:13 AM
you would think that BEFORE a roofer does the job...knowing people store stuff in their attics and the sheathing has gaps....they would say something....I mean wtf.....that way you could cover it...or they could do it for an extra.....just rude......good luck Raven

Raven
03-30-2006, 08:47 AM
kickin my own butt now....for not thinkin of it..... previous....:smash: