View Full Version : its back..

Katie
03-29-2006, 08:10 PM
okay so if you remember almost a year ago, i had mentioned the problems with my knee, had it checked out by this one guy, he said it was fine.. i got a brace, and that twas all.. the problems seemed to disapeer a little bit, cause of the nice medication he prescribed me.. so i stopped taking that about 5 months ago.. things seemed to be fine, but for this last month, my knee has been killing me, like wicked pressure in the middle of my knee, its been popping, and still feels like stuff is grinding... i'm ready to say bring me back, cause its killing me, and its sore.. :rocketem: What should I do?:pop:

-Kate

Raven
03-29-2006, 08:50 PM
katie ...im sad to say...

everything costs so much these days...
even if you have insurance ..

but theres a new substance available now...
its something your body manufactures
and it corrects all the grinding and popping

i'm looking to start taking it myself actually
it'll prolly be pricey but worth it in the long run

it works a bit like a cortizone shot
but more naturally and you take it
like a vitamin...

so read up on it...and you and your
parents and perhaps your doctor too
can make an educated decision
(be aware that they(dr's) seldomly endorse
nutritive suppliments compared to
how often they write you a pain prescription)
i am telling you about H A because your knee sounds
pretty inflamed ...ect.
glucosamine and chondroiten (sp)
are your other two options...
and are sold over the counter for joint flexibilty...
heres the link...
http://www.purityproducts.com/product.asp?sku=355

Katie
03-30-2006, 05:41 AM
thanks, i'll check it out

crash
03-30-2006, 06:28 AM
I've had knee problems since high-school and after the therapy was over it still killed. The only thing that made it better was riding a bike. Its good exersize and can be fun, at one point I was doing 20+ miles a day. I don't know whats wrong with your knee, but I have a partially torn MCL and a completely torn ACL, and my body reminds me of it every time there is a major change in weather(like right now). Good luck and go to the doctor if it gets too bad.

mekcotuit
03-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Knee problems since high school also. Tore meniscus in college, had it repaired; tore it again, repaired again. It tore 3rd time about 12 years ago. Went to Physical therapy, got into biking and strengthened the ligaments and muscles all around. Have some discomfort at times but Aleve and icing help greatly. If you can, see about getting an MRI to assess what damage there is and what best course of treatment might be. My ortho doc is a big proponent of "RICE = rest, ice, compression, elevation".

Mike P
03-30-2006, 11:35 AM
None of us are doctors (at least so far). None of us are even chiropractors. You're too young to play around with this, as it could affect you the rest of your life. Go get advice from a professional.

Raven
04-01-2006, 05:57 PM
with crash in using a bicycle to not be weight bearing on your way to school.... and if your carrying a heavy load of books ..you need to stop doing that as well... what i did ....was to have two sets of books
1 @ school and one set @ home ..so all's i had to carry were my notes.
i forgot to mention thermal care knee wraps that you can buy at your local pharmacy for temporary relief... with heat.