View Full Version : WW alive today

JohnR
04-13-2002, 09:56 PM
Started REAL SLOW, between 3:30 & 6pm, 1 fish and nobody else had even one if they were lucky. Things opened up for me where I got a fast dozen and some others started getting a few. One fellow started stealing all my fish :p but things picked up again and I got a little more than 2 dozen, mostly microbass but it was fun.... :D :D

Bill L
04-14-2002, 06:58 AM
John, was that you with the yellow bibs, cigar, and baitcaster? I tell you, I was very dissapointed when I arrived and somebody was in my spot stealing MY fish ;) ;)
I was next to last at the shore side of the group, with a particularly cold hand, I guess my lucky cocahoe has lost its luster. It did pick up at sunset, but I didn't break double digits :rolleyes:
Bill

nightfighter
04-14-2002, 08:12 AM
Should be at the Wall this afternoon, on later side. Be drivin' gold Winstar with Mass plates. Show me da way......

JohnR
04-14-2002, 08:41 AM
Yeh - I was the fat guy in the yellow bibs :eek: Introduce yourself next time - look forward to meeting you.

Were you between me and Pickering or were you on the other side? Fishing the little trout rod? And what's this about "your rock" & "your fish" :p I hit that rock whenever it's open - it's a good spot before the tide comes up and everyone bunches up the shore side....

I was fishing the Pearl Cocahoe on what was left of a chartreuse 3/4oz bucktail (had to improvise cause stupid here left all the jig heads at home) when the guy next to me shows with the one just smaller and starts hammering "My Fish"...

The other funny thing was that I had a backlash early on and must have kinked my line good (or it was all those fish) but at the end of a cast, my line parted at the reel and the jig & teaser kept going with a 100 feet of line. I swore and headed over to re-rig when the guy next to me (remember, the one strealin' my fish) catches the rig I had been using before I couile even re-rig... :D So I still had my lucky Cocahoe

Anyway - that's a fun spot and it certainly picked up after the bait dunkin' Yahoos took off - frozen bunker off the Wall in May - go figure.

NF - here (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?mapdata=EifUonSP7c3HulwzyuPgORtNNPSojybrPC RpksBXd%252fkrcVn4sQF4rphS32GCK9Sp4VDHFSkYkX1SP2uv lq%252fryDSJ8shanGSlb3%252bEgnuzJ4gqkl336%252fqoqv UjkU1Q08DGiQ7YQa29uMiBfvh9BYuQgLuSmwnfQ%252fXgcULh VTpW%252fQ1RJWlnZKppvDHjef5rJGUzUUDilhsLxTSwt1LAUe 0uB9vwpWvVjxWn5M7i8eg1qzHgobvAUP5pvyAIFM%252fIeswR ecO5G4Htub6nVXx1zsfHFtyzye3wV8IK9wsYrpovyovOimjLcp 6M7J0cvG6chJK6&click=move&map.x=290&map.y=407) is a map of the WW up close - Rte 95S > 4S > 1S to succotash rd - don't be suprised if there are a LOT of people there...

Bill L
04-14-2002, 09:30 AM
John, I was the other fat guy in yellow bibs, blue jacket, green ball cap, way at the end towards shore. I usually take whatever rock I get, without too much worry, but I was truly jealous of you, as you were smokin' em. :D
NF - I may or may not make it tonight---depends on the hoemfront situation. Maybe see you out there

JohnR
04-14-2002, 01:44 PM
Yeh it was fun ;) - there were some people to my 30' to my left that had been chunking what looked like bunker strips. 7 or 8 people in the same family that were casting over each other, dropping stuff in the rocks (and some booze bottles by the looks of it afterwards) but a couple of them kept casting off their bait and I'm thinking that attracted some of the fish as I was getting most of my hits just beyond where their bait would land ;) ...

I doubt I'll hit it this afternoon, as much as I'd like to :smash:

denis
04-15-2002, 06:43 AM
john

too bab about the boozebottle and litter,I fished the wall at high tide
sat morning and there was a group of people, a club i think that
picked up all kind of garbage guess it was a beach clean up .to the clean up crew THANK YOU.

no fish at high tide in day light.

rockfisherman
04-24-2002, 04:10 PM
Kenney Abrames from Stripermoon organized the cleanup from his website. He's organized a half dozen this spring. Good work...

JohnR
04-25-2002, 07:52 AM
Welcome aboard Rock from a fellow Rho Dyslanduh (although I am a transplant from Mass)! I hope you like it here....

Ken Abrahmes does great work in the area and for the sport. I've also enjoyed his presentations on baitfish very much. Even though I don't flyfish, I really appreciate his work.