03-31-2006, 03:45 PM
is going off the air :bc: :bc:

Raider Ronnie
03-31-2006, 05:19 PM
Whats wbru Radio station ???

capecodder
03-31-2006, 07:34 PM
This blows big time. :(

BRU has been my favorite for 20 years, and is always on especially when I hit the Cape. Tonite we put it on after the turnover and we are seriously bummed out.

BRU was the best...

SolOmoN
03-31-2006, 09:57 PM
That won't be any loss... just my luck it will get replaced with Al Franken on Air America.

sol...

Pete_G
03-31-2006, 10:56 PM
I was NONE too pleased when I heard this news either. It was kind of the last outpost of decent radio for me outside of MVY, broadcasting from the Vineyard.

A Sirius subscription is the next step for me I think. iTunes is slowly taking over too. Terrestial radio is officially dead, for me at least.

RIP, wbru...

Aqua-man
03-31-2006, 11:05 PM
I thought it was a goof at 5:00. When I heard Vinilla Ice later on, I almost :bc: Thinking serious about Sirius.

Katie
04-01-2006, 08:00 AM
i heard about this, and i was listening before and after the turnover.. i've listening for a couple years now.. it's ashame.. now i'm looking into shoutcast, i'm createing my own radio station, like i used to have.. play anything i want, say whatever i want and its free... so i dunno... i thought about sirius, but i have it on directv, 50 channels of it.. :smash:

tattoobob
04-01-2006, 09:26 AM
This is to bad I was a great staition I listened to every time I was in the area. I listen alot to my own tunes, I have I-trip for my I-pod and I can play what ever I want with no talk or crapp

BrianS
04-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Ive had sirius since Xmas

It really DOES blow terrestrial radio out of the water.

I pretty much ONLY listen to Stern, Bubba, and now Farrell, but the music stations are fantastic... I love it

Katie
04-03-2006, 12:41 PM
I was talking to a friend this morning and shes a big listener only listens to this station or her ipod.. and she said it was an April Fools Joke... I might go check it out...

Pete_G
04-03-2006, 01:22 PM
I was talking to a friend this morning and shes a big listener only listens to this station or her ipod.. and she said it was an April Fools Joke... I might go check it out...

Well done if that's the case, which it probably was. I haven't listened to the radio much today, but when I tuned in I heard STP so that's a good sign.

It's almost like a joke that went too far. I already took it off my favorites. :)

Pete_G
04-03-2006, 01:22 PM

Well done if that's the case, which it probably was. I haven't listened to the radio much today, but when I tuned in I heard STP so that's a good sign.

It's almost like a joke that went too far. I already took it off my favorites. :)

Katie
04-03-2006, 07:14 PM
I haven't had the chance to check it out yet either.. I still have it preset as #1 on my boombox... i'll check it out tonight around 10..

basswipe
04-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Thank You
Thank you to Rich Lupo, owner of Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel, for swooping in and saving the radio station! Also thank you to the tens of thousands of fans who showed up at the radio station to support us. Buddy-FM has been vanquished! The Original Alt Rock lives on!

That's a quote from the BRU website.