View Full Version : Welcome to a New Sponsor!

JohnR
03-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Another installment of "One of Our Guys" becoming a new sponsor here on S-B.

Please welcome everyone's favorite political commentator, Eben!

Seriously (OK, not my favorite poli-commentator :hee: ) but I think he has a real hit with his new Rubber Eel and he is bringing it into production.

So please welcome Eben nee Nebe as a new sponsor here on Striped-Bass.com and let's wish him some good luck :btu:

Thanks!

(Oh yeh, put up that picture again)...

John

pal156
03-31-2006, 06:17 PM
good luck:jump:

Striperhound
03-31-2006, 06:17 PM
Eben, saw your stuff at the show today, looks good, best of luck.

justplugit
03-31-2006, 06:23 PM
The Best to ya Eben. :btu:

Nebe
03-31-2006, 06:28 PM
Allow me to introduce myself :hee:

Yes, for those who have not noticed the few posts i made in the plug building forum, I spent this winter developing a 'sluggo style' jerk bait. basicly, i took what i liked about the sluggo and made it better-3D holographic Eyes, a fat belly (for loading lead into) and also made it weigh more.. depending on what hooks you use you can get it up to 2 ounces.
Right now i am maiking them un-rigged, but in a couple weeks i will be making them with a hook harness built in ready to go out of the bag... weighted and everything.

Thank you JohnR for allowing me to become a sponsor!!

Here's a quick peek at what they look like-
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14812&d=1143658767

Sea Dangles
03-31-2006, 06:45 PM
Saw them at the Edge booth and the rubber looks like it will hold up to many stripes.Lots of nice new rubber snake products available this year but theres enough shelf space for all of them.

ThrowingTimber
03-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Best of luck Man!

Nebe
03-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Saw them at the Edge booth and the rubber looks like it will hold up to many stripes.Lots of nice new rubber snake products available this year but theres enough shelf space for all of them.

The beauty of the Surf Asylum real-eels and my eels is that you could not make 2 different styles of eels any more different. I will definately have some of their eels in my bag this season along with mine. :cheers:

basswipe
03-31-2006, 07:02 PM
That's pretty cool Eben.Your business is something you like and something you like could be become a business.Best of both worlds.
Now if you could make a glass eel that catches bass!

I know tomorrow I'll have a few of your eels in my goodies bag!

Bazza
03-31-2006, 07:30 PM
Eben, Best of luck with your new rubber venture. I saw those at the show over the weekend, they look great .

cheferson
03-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Good luck eben:btu:

stripercrazy
03-31-2006, 07:54 PM
:ss: good luck. ed

libassboy
03-31-2006, 08:23 PM
Best of luck with those eels!
Cant wait to grab a bunch, whos gonna have them online, SWE?

ProfessorM
03-31-2006, 08:30 PM
Good luck. I saw them today they look great. P.

Raider Ronnie
03-31-2006, 08:58 PM
Best of luck to you

Skitterpop
03-31-2006, 09:13 PM
notroH .rM !!

Very nice product you have designed and developed :claps: :claps: :claps:

tattoobob
03-31-2006, 09:24 PM
They are sweet I have some sitting infront of me now
Nebe I know that spot :whackin:

UserRemoved1
03-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Nebe you owe me some eeels:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::sm ash: :grins:

Slingah
03-31-2006, 09:49 PM
congrats Eben and good luck....sweet looking rubber

"uffah!!"
03-31-2006, 10:00 PM
The beauty of the Surf Asylum real-eels and my eels is that you could not make 2 different styles of eels any more different. I will definately have some of their eels in my bag this season along with mine. :cheers:

My question: These new rubber eels look great, but as we all know what the Bluefish will do to them. Should we through away the stubs that the bluefish leave us, or are they recycleable. I mean can they be melted down and remolded?

Clammer
03-31-2006, 10:04 PM
Best of luck glass man ///:tm:

BigFish
03-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Congrats Eben and best of luck!:cool:

Backbeach Jake
03-31-2006, 10:13 PM
:claps: Those were very sexy looking. Can't wait to try one in a rubble field right next to me. They're gonna catch!!

In The Surf
04-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Very nice, picked up a bunch at the show along with some real eels and I am looking forward to fishing these.

luds
04-01-2006, 12:54 AM
got some today at the SWE booth. very nice. good luck!

Raven
04-01-2006, 03:25 AM
or "Eben" as the newest sponser of S-B...

since your Eel is different from surf asylum EELS
and its a combination sluggo & jerk bait...

will they suspend? i fish sluggos allot...cuz they WORK!

do they have A sufficient enough boyancy

to semi float a striper hook? or do you have to

keep them slowly moving? I'm just looking to hear
your view on their presentation....

JFigliuolo
04-01-2006, 04:27 AM
Good Luck!

piemma
04-01-2006, 05:02 AM
BTW, I had probably the first big order from Eben and tested them over a week ago. They swim great. Load the middle bump out with 2 of the big sluggo weight and one smaller weight in the tail. DEADLY!!!

Raven
04-01-2006, 05:25 AM
are they....back??? :chased:

spence
04-01-2006, 07:43 AM
I just got this photo from my younger brother Lance who fishes for, as they call 'em Rockfish down south. Last week I sent a few new Nebe Uber Eels, the huge ones not out yet. Looks like they work! Lance is about 6'8" These bass are huge!!!

-spence

Nebe
04-01-2006, 08:10 AM
or "Eben" as the newest sponser of S-B...

since your Eel is different from surf asylum EELS
and its a combination sluggo & jerk bait...

will they suspend? i fish sluggos allot...cuz they WORK!

do they have A sufficient enough boyancy

to semi float a striper hook? or do you have to

keep them slowly moving? I'm just looking to hear
your view on their presentation....

Hey Raven- with light weight hooks like the gamakatsu octopus hooks, the eel does suspend with light twitches. I like a faster retrieve personally so i load them up with 3 large nail weights in the belly and one in the tail- they cast very well weighted or not- The fat head and the slope of the nose makes it dart in a very unique way.

Nebe
04-01-2006, 08:10 AM
Spence- :whackin: :rotf2:

DZ
04-01-2006, 08:28 AM
Nice Eben - I still like your original needlefish too.

Good luck.

DZ

Redsoxticket
04-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Congradulations & Thank You,

macojoe
04-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Some how I missed them at the show?? I am trying to learn how to use more rubber this year, I got a bunch of Slgos and I got a bunch of the Hogy's form Mike at the show.
Were can we get your stuff??

Wish you great luck!! And if Raven is right, you are starting it at the right time of year for success!

piemma
04-01-2006, 09:47 AM
are they....back??? :chased:
Maybe....You never know till you try.:humpty: :humpty: :humpty:

Skitterpop
04-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Raven

If they are here in Ma. they are there in RI. :bgi:

small to decent keepers in the rivers and around the #%^$*&^&%$# runs.

Canalman
04-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Nebe,

welcome aboard fellow plastic peer :kewl:

Nebe
04-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Some how I missed them at the show?? I am trying to learn how to use more rubber this year, I got a bunch of Slgos and I got a bunch of the Hogy's form Mike at the show.
Were can we get your stuff??

Wish you great luck!! And if Raven is right, you are starting it at the right time of year for success!

Right now, the only shop that has the full line of the 8.5's is Wildwood Outfitters in wakefield RI. I have a few details to iron out with some other dealers and will be anouncing who they are in a few days.

As for pricing, they retail for 2.50 a piece- A few have questioned the higher price, and i will explain that now- because I have to glue in every eye, one at a time, it takes double the time to make them. Personally, i am a huge beleiver in the fish catching ability of eyes, and that is why i have dedicated myself into putting eyes in all of my baits.

SAXATILUS
04-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Congrats Eben, wish you all the luck in the world. Cant wait to fish those things.

Nebe
04-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Heres a few pics of the colors i am offering-

for night fishing- Unagi (natural eel green), black and smoked eel (smoke with holographic glitter- think full moon ;) )

Nebe
04-01-2006, 11:07 AM
for sunrise/dusk or day fishing-

Pear, electric eel (transparent chartruse with holographic glitter) and Uranium ( opaque chartruse in light.. glows like a lightbulb at night)

The pearl one is how i like to rig them- For that eel i used 6/0 VMC siwash hooks, but only because i have a lot of them kicking around. they work fine, but i reccomend either Owner HD live bait hooks or Eagle Claw laser sharp HD live bait hooks. They come super sharp out of the package, are super strong, and the thick diameter of the shank acts like a keel and keeps the eel darting on a level plane without rolling.

luds
04-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Uranium will be the balls in my neck of the woods. Hopefully I'll be able to score some.

Saltheart
04-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Good Luck with your new enterprise.

Swimmer
04-01-2006, 01:38 PM
They look hot Nebe. Congrats and good luck.

Skip N
04-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Those things look sweet. Although i'm a little nervous about using them, what if i catch my personal best fish on a bait made by Nebe!? Oh man what would i do and could i even tell anyone?! :tooth: :hihi:

jim sylvester
04-01-2006, 03:45 PM
good luck eben....these things are going to hammer

Nebe
04-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Those things look sweet. Although i'm a little nervous about using them, what if i catch my personal best fish on a bait made by Nebe!? Oh man what would i do and could i even tell anyone?! :tooth: :hihi:

shouldnt be that hard since were only talking 18 to 20 lbs :hihi: :wave:

Skip N
04-01-2006, 05:41 PM
shouldnt be that hard since were only talking 18 to 20 lbs :hihi: :wave:

Damn you know me to well. If you can get me a 20 on one of your baits i may even stop calling you names for awhile :hee: :devil2:

Raven
04-01-2006, 06:07 PM
And if Raven is right, you are starting it at the right time of year for success!

what do you mean "IF" Maco....
of course I'm right.... it's as accurate a prediction as i can possible
make based on the data provided to me...

i wouldnt make such a statement if i didnt believe in its accuracy.

i made use of the "timing" yesterday myself...:grins:

Raven
04-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Maybe....You never know till you try.:humpty: :humpty: :humpty:

just the Answer i expected.... thankyou for the "word"

woulda ventured forth but i'm still trying to rid myself of this single nasty cold i got....from NEBE over the internet.... man , was he ever radio-active....i mean, even his lures glow in the dark. :btu:

RIJIMMY
04-01-2006, 06:25 PM
I picked up a bunch and these things are sweet, I have been fondling them every night and have named each one of them. I cant wait to start throwing them!
Nebe makes some mean plugs too

Labrador1
04-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Congrats Eben! I really look forward to fishing those things. I suspect you know your fishies - which means that anything you would produce is worthwhile in my book.

Ryan

NIB
04-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Way to go man.
One of my large this yr will no doubt come on the Ebeneel.
U too can use my likeness in A photo Op.
Maybe we make a tape.
No that kinda tape.
A fishng tape.
Good to see u get it under way.
Now make me some o them chartrusian ones.
As in NIB world U no the sayin.
If it ain't chartruese it ain't no use.....

UserRemoved1
04-02-2006, 05:24 AM
Nebe Nebe Nebe

I got a WOODY them things are so freakkin fishy looking! I know JUST the HOLE to drop one in......Might have to turn you into a boat sissy for a day to show you something :kewl:

I will be down next week if I get some time. It will make up for your muscle strain :D

Dood you got something here..this WILL be many peoples go to rubber this year.

kippy
04-02-2006, 07:39 AM
I picked up a bunch of these at the show yesterday, they were going quick! You definitely have a winner with this product Eben, they will catch large.

Nebe
04-02-2006, 07:57 AM
i am so tickled everyone likes these eels :D

just a quick note- in the next couple of days i will be adding a page to my website that will give detailed instructions on how i reccomend you rig these- They are like a sluggo, but they are also alot different. So for all of you guys who bought them, please dont rig them yet... i dont want you to do it wrong :D

stay tuned :grins:

piemma
04-02-2006, 08:34 AM
just the Answer i expected.... thankyou for the "word"

woulda ventured forth but i'm still trying to rid myself of this single nasty cold i got....from NEBE over the internet.... man , was he ever radio-active....i mean, even his lures glow in the dark. :btu:
I went this morning in the dark, naturally. I found fish but nothing to write home about. First bass of the year though...

MAC
04-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Nice eels, Good luck Nebe:kewl:

JohnR
04-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Damn you know me to well. If you can get me a 20 on one of your baits i may even stop calling you names for awhile :hee: :devil2:

I'll put you on a Twenty if that's all it'll take to keep you civil for a month :hee: :love:

Skip N
04-02-2006, 12:01 PM
I'll put you on a Twenty if that's all it'll take to keep you civil for a month :hee: :love:

:hihi:

ScrewEye
04-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Those eels do look good - I will need to check them out!

Rock Hopper
04-03-2006, 06:43 AM
Good luck Eben and welcome aboard as a sponsor.

Kadir

tynan19
04-03-2006, 06:54 AM
Picked up a few at the show and can't wait to try em out. Good luck Eben!

Joe
04-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Today is the day I get Eben Eels....:uhuh:

Nebe
04-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Today is the day I get Eben Eels....:uhuh:

yup.. i will call you in a few :D

NIB
04-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Hey Joe i missed u in OTW already.:(

RIROCKHOUND
04-03-2006, 07:58 AM
Hey Joe i missed u in OTW already.:(

Me too!
Nothing against Thom but you had a much better writing style..
My contact at OTW said it was mutual though so hopefully all is well and you just wanted a change for a while...

and Joe... get ready to move some product I'd bet those Eels are gonna go fast!

piemma
04-03-2006, 08:09 AM
Joe, I'd like to echo Bryan on missing you in OTW. Thom's agood friend of mine but I like your writing style better....not that Thom's is bad...just a different style.

MakoMike
04-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Best of luck with the new endeavor! Hanging up your blowing tubes?

Diamond Tackle
04-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Eben,
Congratulations!, and best of luck.:wave:
Great product,and good timing too.

Joe
04-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Thanks - I'm glad you liked my writing.

My not doing the OTW Insiders was almost mutual. They decide who is going to write the columns. But I agreed that it was not a good fit for me.

The readership is looking for first-hand advice on not only surfcasting but on boating and freshwater as well. I only go freshwater fishing with my six-year old and given the choice, I'd rather watch TV than go boating - I really struggled with those components. Sure, he's not as witty as me, but I think Thomcat is better qualified to cover the breadth of topics a Rhode Island Insider should.

I like the people at OTW and the NEF - but writers and magazines are not exactly in vogue lately. :rocketem: But I like writing, and I plan on doing more. These days however, I'm more inclined to just write content for my website.

Skitterpop
04-03-2006, 04:15 PM
what do you mean "IF" Maco....
of course I'm right.... it's as accurate a prediction as i can possible
make based on the data provided to me...

i wouldnt make such a statement if i didnt believe in its accuracy.

i made use of the "timing" yesterday myself...:grins:

Didn`t Hitler swear by astrology and wasn`t he consumed by it? :usd:

Skitterpop
04-03-2006, 04:18 PM
But I like writing, and I plan on doing more. These days however, I'm more inclined to just write content for my website.

And writing likes you.... Looking forward to seeing more on your website :btu:

Pt.JudeJoe
04-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Eben welcome aboard and best of luck to you. I agree with John D. your timing is perfect for the eel scare/ rubber craze that is developing.