View Full Version : Tropicland re-opens as Riverside B&T

eelskimmer
04-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Tropicland in Dedham re-opened today as Riverside B&T in the
same location on Bridge Street (rt 109). Larry Mathews was busy
today getting his inventory into display and noted that he will not be
offering boats, kayaks, tropical fish etc but limiting his inventory to
fishing tackle and live bait. Those who know Larry are aware he was
forced to close last Spring and auction his stock due to a court order .
Larry was a good friend of MSBA and consistenly contributed to
MSBA functions. He was at this same location for 20-30 years. Lets hope he is successful in getting his old customers back. Drop by and give him your support. Brian who used to do the boat engine repair and maintenance for Larry and who a lot of you know is still available but now works on engines in your yard. He can be reached thru Larry.

mikecc
04-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Glad to hear they are back. They are good people and deserve your support.

Raven
04-02-2006, 06:49 AM
i bought my first baitrunner from them...

i'll have to stop by .....and check out the new set up.

RockLobsta
04-02-2006, 07:33 AM
I'll have to stop in and say hello.......

Good to see he's back

lurch
04-02-2006, 08:11 AM
I bought a team daiwa (TD2Hi) freshwater baitcaster from them back in the early 90's. I bought the reel at the worcester show and because the folks were so helpful I drove down to Dedham to pick up the reel (from Lowell). Great reel but after 15yrs of abuse she needs some tlc...sorry reel.

JohnR
04-02-2006, 08:23 AM
I bought my first reel from Tropicland back in the early 80s with Paper Route money - a Penn 710 I think - wonder where that reel went ??

What a crappy situation - I hope they can recover and wish them luck!

Maloney
04-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Good people there. Got a lot of fresh water equipment and bait there. Also the fishing/hunting liscenes. Don't know all the details of last Spring-really don't care- but it is a much better place to do business than the big box stores.

Christian
04-05-2006, 02:25 PM
i am so insanely happy they have reopened. the closest shop to me. been goin there since i was a...fetus? seriously.