View Full Version : Well? Where Is All The RISSA Show Chatter?

BigFish
04-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Good show? Bad show? Just curious as I could not make it?:huh:

luds
04-01-2006, 08:18 PM
No. Great show. I couldn't believe how loaded the show was with quality custom plugs. No good deals but alot of good stuff. Gillette didn't bother me but it was rather nice having so much room to move around. Tattoo put a serious dent in my wallet. Love the jointed swimmers. Also got a nice deal on an Arra 1204. Well that was until they calculated the Rhode Island tax. WTF.

It was nice meeting Afterhours and doing some rod talk with Seawolf. I took my AH rascal out for a spin with the 1204 today. They like each other alot.

BigFish
04-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Thats the kind of chatter I am looking for....kind of makes me feel like I was there!:bgi:

Bigcat
04-01-2006, 08:48 PM
I love the smell of cedar in the morning:uhuh:

lurch
04-01-2006, 08:51 PM
I could not make it :(

I wanted some Tattoo darters...oh well :(

tattoobob
04-01-2006, 09:09 PM
THere was another thread that was started last night, great show with alot of great people there. I had a great time and put a dent in my mad money fund. The Tattoo Jointed swimmers are nice I wish I could have gotten black. and I was 2 1/2 hours after it opened yesterday and all the Habs Jointed needles were gone and the Beachmasters were gone in like 2 minutes. there were not many of Salty's needles or spooks left either. but talking to everyone is sure worth the 10 dollars entrance fee. plus I added a few new spots to my list, it is funny how beer loosens lips

tattoobob
04-01-2006, 09:11 PM
I could not make it :(

I wanted some Tattoo darters...oh well :(

I wish you told me I would have scored some for you, If someone sees this maybe they will do you a favor and get some for you. I wanted some deep divers and totally forgot, I will get them though

basswipe
04-01-2006, 09:38 PM
I WAS having a good time.I got myself a decent filet knife finally,bought a few of Nebe's eels and bought my girlfriend one of Afterhour's Sliders and then the phone rings while walking down the isle and its my girlfriend's daughter.Someone tried to break in.

I was potentially going to have a great day but now I'm angry and want to go shoot the punk(s).

If you live in neighborhoods off of the Warren Ave. area in Tiverton keep an eye out for suspicious people.

Pete_G
04-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Sorry to hear that Basswipe. Not feeling secure in your own home is NOT a fun feeling.

Also, RI sales tax. They love to mock "Taxachusetts" and its 5%, but RI is definitely brutal with its 7%.

The vibe at the show continues to be great. Met some great people today which is almost always the best part of fishing shows.

stiff tip
04-01-2006, 10:49 PM
ihad agood time lots of stuff tuns of goodies ,,i loaded up on tuna junk ,for the tuna junkies its like a druk all those skirts and heads and birds and bars and chains etc,etc.and so on.....saw lots of faces ,tryed to talk to all ,,,i saw lots of plug HO,s,,the guys w/ thit 3 plugs in there top pockets and bags over there shoulders . seen j- habs ,hes a good time saw al gaggs he,s got good stuff ,tatoo to ,nice plugs ,,long talk w/ lone wolf ..salty bugger ,was there too talked to rod reps ,loked at the boats and wished for sprink i had a good time ....cap,t cupcake...

Notaro
04-01-2006, 10:57 PM
plus I added a few new spots to my list, it is funny how beer loosens lips
:rotf2:

yeha, same here. i didnt knwo that it was a funny looking rubber eel that was made by nebe. it looked cool. i didnt want to spend more. college budget. i will buy when i can. i chatted with some people there. habs is a guenientely COOLEST guy. the man could speak my language. i saw a lot of potential fluke setups and jigs...

kippy
04-02-2006, 07:17 AM
Great show! Picked up some surf asylum and Nebe eels.can't wait to rig them up! Also, thanks to Pt Jude Joe and JBuck for the hookup:wave:

NIB
04-02-2006, 07:22 AM
:rotf2:

habs is COOLEST guy. the man could speak my language..

:D

Mike P
04-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Also, RI sales tax. They love to mock "Taxachusetts" and its 5%, but RI is definitely brutal with its 7%.

Still not quite NY with 8.25% statewide, and 8.50% in Nassau and Suffolk Counties. Then there's that swell 5 digit LI property tax :doh: :wall:

Want to leave? Get ready to fork over that real estate transfer tax :rocketem:

"Taxachusetts"? Count yer friggen' blessings :humpty:

Raven
04-02-2006, 07:48 AM
is Teddy Kennedy a blessing?? :eek:

well yeahhhh, if he'd only take hillary out for a couple a cocktails!!:grins:

Swimmer
04-02-2006, 07:54 AM
Good one Raven:bgi:

NIB
04-02-2006, 08:04 AM
The Habs-Tattoo area was one o my Favorite places.We all now bout the high quality plugs..
thats not why it was my favorite.Well it was but.The Raffle girls supplied me with a special kinda wood.No not that U dirty minded bastage's. I won a free Tattoo plug in a raffle.Now take a girl thats Model Beautifull wit a very nice personality, an then she gives u Wood,I mean lures. Its enough to make even The Notorius NIB week in the Knees.I'm so in love wit tony...I almost had to beat down a coupla fellow NJ dogs...She said she was a teacher.I wanna be in the third grade again.:hihi:

Did anyone notice the Gibbs New three once Needle's.
It was a Hab's right down to the paint scheme.The white with the red splash around the eyes.
I started to bust thier balls on it but I felt sorry for the poor bastage.
So I stopped.Imitation is the greatest form of flattery he said.I Said well ur directly copyin his product an will be takin money out of his pocket an from his family.He went on an on how he don't make any money outa gibbs.How it takes up a very small part of his large facility that primarily makes displays or somethin.thats what I like to hear plugs made for the fisherman by displaymakers.No thanks...He was big on the tradition of the Gibbs Name that was good.But the new stuff is stilll mosly junk.Glad i got my older Gibbs stuff to hold me over.They sell em at custom prices also.For a good plug I would rather thro a Lex Lure. Anyone see the 3 oz. darters at the surfcaster.Model'd after a old small NJ builder that usta make em an sell em by the grosses at montauk.They swim great an at 14.99 tough to beat.Speakin of Darters Did anyone notice the new Tattoo 2 oz.models.Much nicer than the Beachmasters if u can find one.Coming in the fall, when they come out It'll be tough not to get the whole line.Mr.Tatdad gotta get busy I will need em for July/August when i come back up there.Some dude from NJ was tellin me how he has 15 tattoo plugs.I was like thats sick.well last night i was putting away the new stuff i got an noticed i had a few an couted em up.Boy am I sick.:wall:

Sea Dangles
04-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Dennis from Gibbs is a nice guy.Everyone is copying somebody and that's called free enterprise.Hab seems to have enough buyers for his wood,no matter how many pieces he makes.The cream always rises to the top.

BobT
04-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Had a good time. Peed before I left home and when I got there and nobody was rude to me. Boy.....real glad I left most of my money home. I don't need anymore stuff.......ya.......right. :smash: Like everybody else. :whackin: OK.......shows are over, let's get the fish in here !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NIB
04-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Dennis from Gibbs is a nice guy.Everyone is copying somebody and that's called free enterprise.Hab seems to have enough buyers for his wood,no matter how many pieces he makes.The cream always rises to the top.

Smalley was the last name of the guy I talked to not sure if that is Dennis or his partner.Yes he did seem like a nice guy.
It is obvious there are no rules in the war(Free enterprize) of plugbuilding.I would be embarassed to blantently copy something like that.Needle styles are simple to vary on why not try something on thier own.I pulled a white HAB's outa my bag an showed it to my friends (not really up on all the plug stuff)they could not believe thier eyes.The prices won't be too different to matter an in Gibbs limited color selections I don't think they would do as well goin that route as if they came up wit something different on thier own.Really makes Poor buisness sense to me..Perhaps thats why they cry the blues at gibbs.I shouldn't Bomb as bad as the 3oz darter.because at least it'll catch fish.Sure copy from the best.why not.When it comes to the needle Habs is still # 1.

BernOC
04-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Howdy NIB :wave:
Just curious as to why you say the Tattoo's 2oz darters are nicer than beachmasters? The 2oz BM's I have dig better than anything I've ever used and look fantastic. What makes them..."nicer" or stand above the rest?

Sea Dangles
04-02-2006, 01:24 PM
So what do you say to HAB-A-TAT when they make mureels?Gibbs was making needles before these guys even fished.Buy the best,buy Habs.But as far as blatantly copying plugs,I doubt any maker has been copied in one way or another than Gibbs.Of course it's not Stan but a company that bears his name.IMO the only Gibbs worth buying is the polaris.

luds
04-02-2006, 01:46 PM
I noticed the new needle had a spro swivel. I wonder if it will when it's finally available. That would be weird if they put theat plug out with good hardware and continue to put everything else out with sh*t hardware.

likwid
04-02-2006, 05:11 PM
J-Habs, Don, Al, Norby, John, Pete & crew etc. :btu: :chatter

Clogston29
04-02-2006, 05:53 PM
I noticed the gibbs needle too. They definately weren't too creative on the look of the needle but they guy I talked to said that it would be a floater, so at least that part is different. The thing that I though was kind of weird is that they're calling it "The Original Gibb's Needle" or something along those lines. I've never seen an early gibb's needle that looked like that.

Mike P
04-02-2006, 07:12 PM
The original Gibbs needle was like an ounce, maybe 3/4 oz, and it had screw eyes. I have a couple, still.

Dennis is Dennis Ryan, and Smalley is Dan Smalley.

JohnR
04-02-2006, 07:56 PM
The original Gibbs needle was like an ounce, maybe 3/4 oz, and it had screw eyes. I have a couple, still.

And as long as you don't have the audacity to fish a darter in April :whackin:

NIB
04-02-2006, 08:45 PM
So what do you say to HAB-A-TAT when they make mureels?Gibbs was making needles before these guys even fished.Buy the best,buy Habs.But as far as blatantly copying plugs,I doubt any maker has been copied in one way or another than Gibbs.Of course it's not Stan but a company that bears his name.IMO the only Gibbs worth buying is the polaris.'

Yes everything has been done before.We all know that.Stan didn't invent the needle fish either.
No one on the next aisle over is sellin mureels.They also made sure the due respect was payed.Thats the difference.Its apples an oranges.

NIB
04-02-2006, 08:58 PM

Dennis is Dennis Ryan, and Smalley is Dan Smalley.

I have a few also.
I guess i spoke to Dan then.

Flaptail
04-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Larry, you missed the candy vendor, overpriced plugs, some guy ripping off Beachmaster plugs saying they were as good as, some other guy selling cutom baits for 30.00 each that after inspection didn't pass muster by me. Bobby from Beachmaster was there and we had a long talk about the correct way to fish plugs. Saw Nib. The knife guy was great bought a new 7 inch filet knife and a couple new stones. Other than that, no real bargains. Gibbs gave me a rare tiger red over yellow danny, scored an old GooGoo eyes swimmer for a buck, Nice Tattoo hat and the NJ Tackle guys are always great to yak with. Habs was there, and the best was the chinese guys selling the offshore squids and tuna stuff, left some bucks there. If the guy wanting to clean my glasses asked me one more time, he would have needed some himself when he got out of the hospital.

Sea Dangles
04-02-2006, 09:28 PM
'

Yes everything has been done before.We all know that.Stan didn't invent the needle fish either.
No one on the next aisle over is sellin mureels.They also made sure the due respect was payed.Thats the difference.Its apples an oranges.
Imitation is another word for respect.If you knew what I know then you would understand imitation is overblown.It has happened before and it might happen again.:grins:

tattoobob
04-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Larry, you missed the candy vendor, overpriced plugs, some guy ripping off Beachmaster plugs saying they were as good as, some other guy selling cutom baits for 30.00 each that after inspection didn't pass muster by me. Bobby from Beachmaster was there and we had a long talk about the correct way to fish plugs. Saw Nib. The knife guy was great bought a new 7 inch filet knife and a couple new stones. Other than that, no real bargains. Gibbs gave me a rare tiger red over yellow danny, scored an old GooGoo eyes swimmer for a buck, Nice Tattoo hat and the NJ Tackle guys are always great to yak with. Habs was there, and the best was the chinese guys selling the offshore squids and tuna stuff, left some bucks there. If the guy wanting to clean my glasses asked me one more time, he would have needed some himself when he got out of the hospital.

I bought the Purple Magic, the only problem was he wanted to clean my glasses with paper towels thats a no-no.

Notaro
04-02-2006, 10:02 PM
I bought the Purple Magic, the only problem was he wanted to clean my glasses with paper towels thats a no-no.

i saw those guys. they have some squids that look to be potential fluke teasers. they never asked me to clean my glasses or soemthing.

Diamond Tackle
04-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Just rolled in to NJ,pretty tired but just wanted to say thanks to everyone that stopped by or I ran into and had the pleasure of chatting with. esp:Tattobob & his wife(make sure you stop out at M this year,no excuses) Flap, always a pleasure & you definitely one of the most knowledgeable guys ,Z (really glad you won at Foxwds) ,Bobby from Beachmaster, what a legend this guy is, and he really is much younger in person , Iron Mike anytime you want to go scuba diving bud let me know , Capt Don a true gentleman, DonG(awesome new colors) ,Mac & his better half, Pete G (you guys run a top notch operation) . Scott and Denise of course, "the veteran" Al Gags, The guys from the Surfcaster(that bunker snake oil was way too freakin funny).
Pt Jude Joe, always a gentleman.Dave from Surf Asylum,great to finally meet you. The guys from The Lonely Angler.
and last but not least Habsie, who shouldnt ever play poker with me cause I know all his tells now(just busting bud)
Hurley lures and the Buckos, guys thanks again,it was a pleasure .

NIB
04-03-2006, 05:43 AM
Howdy NIB :wave:
Just curious as to why you say the Tattoo's 2oz darters are nicer than beachmasters? The 2oz BM's I have dig better than anything I've ever used and look fantastic. What makes them..."nicer" or stand above the rest?

Hey Bernie where u there.?
Would have loved to see ya again..
I said they where much nicer.I should have known the BM crowd wouldn't like that.Sometimes I don't think things thru all the way as beauty is in the eye of the beholder.The 2 oz. Tattoo I have swam great it does what a darter does dart.Not overly darty.an it doesn't dig too much but holds in current.I think Tattoo does a much better job painting em.Yes beachmaster has gotten a little more variations in thier color schemes in the past few yrs.Everybody knows the basic colors are all u really need.But I'm a plug freak an From what I seen at the show there is really no comparison.I know Ur A die hard BM guy but u should check out the tattoo's when they become available.Maybe I'll trade u one for a BM.:D

NIB
04-03-2006, 05:57 AM
Imitation is another word for respect.If you knew what I know then you would understand imitation is overblown.It has happened before and it might happen again.:grins:

Well being As I am Not Kreskin an last time I tried I couldn't read into what someone else is thinking.Especially on the INTERNET. I can only go on what I SEE. It was plain to the eye a outright copy.To the point I could have taking a HABS out of the package an switched em on the table an the display guy would not have known the difference.I have no idea what u are talking about.It seems u have some hidden agenda.Good for U.U seem to agree an then disagree with my replies.Kinda like arguing with a woman.:tm: I really have no need to get involved in all the plug building BS that goes on up there.I get enough of it here in NJ.I am a Plug freak. I have many from all the builders.I even got some Salty's this yr.Imagine that.He tells me I may have a few more.Which is frightening really:D

UserRemoved1
04-03-2006, 06:03 AM
I guarantee you Nib spent an hour that night closely inspecting every plug in his bag to figure out which one's he had :D

What's this plug war crap in the projo outdoor column? WTF is up with this drivel.

Slipknot
04-03-2006, 08:17 AM
What's this plug war crap in the projo outdoor column? WTF is up with this drivel.

Blaming it on the internet isn't the entire story. Sure the internet helps it expand and can accelerate it but my feelings are that back in the old days when builders shared like we do in the plug forum, they did it because there were not many wooden salt water plugs out there. And they got along and helped the sport by providing quality plugs as an alternative to fishing bait. So the 3 or 4 guys doing it got along famously.
Go forward in time in this fast paced world we live in today and there's pressure to make a living so when money gets involved and competition causes animosity between some because of lying or whatever, then things get out of hand. Word travels quickly in the fishing community and rumors start up and accusations spread. Secondhand info gets pasted on the forums and it makes everyone look bad. If ya keep ya nose clean and have integrity then ya don't have to worry about all the backstabbing and two faced crap that goes on. It sounds like baby chit to me, that's why I will not go into the plug business. Someone once asked me if that kind of crap happens in my business and I really didn't know or think about it, but I guess it can happen. I just try to make a living, if another place cuts my price and gets a job then so be it, I am not a great salesman, I let the quality of my work speak for itself but these days you need more than that because most people just see dollar signs, not many are concerned with quality or know enough to care.
I wonder if the guy who wrote that article really thought that blurb in the paper would help sell newspapers:huh: I wonder why he thought it was neccesary to include it. I guess he reads the forums too.
So let's not start debating the plug wars here at S-B, we'll leave that to the other sites ;)

NIB, that's not what you told me. You said you COULD read others' minds on the internet.:musc:

NIB
04-03-2006, 08:20 AM
NIB, that's not what you told me. You said you COULD read others' minds on the internet.:musc:

Some nuts are tougher to crack than others.:wall:

NIB
04-03-2006, 08:21 AM
I guarantee you Nib spent an hour that night closely inspecting every plug in his bag to figure out which one's he had :D

Link? I tried to get it but didn't feel like loggin on to another site.......

Sea Dangles
04-03-2006, 08:55 AM
No hidden agenda NIB.I didn't even notice the needle,I agree moustache makes the best and that's why it's obviously been selected to be copied.If only agreeing with half of your opinion makes me a woman,allow me to bend over.Just bring lube.

JohnR
04-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Link? I tried to get it but didn't feel like loggin on to another site.......

I took a quick look - is there a Plug War? No, low level conflict perhaps? Maybe. I also wonder how much out of context some of the "quotes" were...

Why can't we all just get along :huh: :hee:

MakoMike
04-03-2006, 10:11 AM
We were next to the Tatoo booth and I couldn't believe the amount of plugs that were flying over the counter! I have to say that I was a little disappointed in the guys behind the counter though. I saw one guy drop about $300 on plugs and when he asked if he could buy a hat for $10 (they were marked as $18) was told "no way."

choggieman
04-03-2006, 10:34 AM
Sorry to have dissapointed you Makomike over the hat, but we had already thrown the guy a bone. And, btw- it was not close to 300, more like 100. We tried to take care of the customers who take care of us so I beleive the gentleman got a tshirt on the house. Please do not portray "the guys behind the counter" as disappointing, because we gave away lotsa stuff from plugs to hats and shirts. It would be nice to give everyone something free like a hat or shirt, but not at all cost effective.

UserRemoved1
04-03-2006, 10:41 AM
I agree John. I myself couldn't understand why someone would print that. He quoted guys here though so maybe they know something that me and others don't.

Tattoo
04-03-2006, 11:09 AM
We were next to the Tatoo booth and I couldn't believe the amount of plugs that were flying over the counter! I have to say that I was a little disappointed in the guys behind the counter though. I saw one guy drop about $300 on plugs and when he asked if he could buy a hat for $10 (they were marked as $18) was told "no way."

MakoMike, your close, but we all know close doesn't count.

The gentleman purchased $100+ dollars worth of lures and after cashing out asked if he was entitled for a free T-Shirt after spending that much money. Yes, you are, and we gladly gave him one. He then asked to see a hat, which we showed him. He asked how much and we told him $18.99. His respose was "Will you take $10". I responded with "they cost me more than $10, sorry" He said OK and had no problem with it.

Apparently you had a problem with the situation and that's unfortunate.

We can't please everybody.

Bernzy
04-03-2006, 11:09 AM
My "quote" was a very small snippet of a 20 minute conversation I had with the author. Also, I was under the impression that he was writing an article for a magazine on plug building.:huh:

Bernzy

Diamond Tackle
04-03-2006, 11:42 AM
If ya keep ya nose clean and have integrity then ya don't have to worry about all the backstabbing and two faced crap that goes on.:musc:

Slip,
You said a mouthful. Dead nuts on accurate 100%.
In my short 45 yrs I’ve personally witnessed multi million dollar Real Estate deals on a handshake by the old school guys, one of them was the Ceo at a fortune 500 co, I will never forget those people and what they thought me. Many years ago I read a great book “What they don’t teach you at Harvard Business school” , I must read that book 10x .
But today it’s a dog eat dog world, seems you cant do business with many people on a handshake anymore without a written contract. Maybe Lawyers have screwed up society forever, I don’t know but its very sad. But what goes around comes around, that will always hold true.

JFigliuolo
04-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Slip,
Snipped... But what goes around comes around, that will always hold true.

Sometimes not as fast as you might like...:devil2: :devil2:

NIB
04-03-2006, 11:47 AM
No hidden agenda NIB.I didn't even notice the needle,I agree moustache makes the best and that's why it's obviously been selected to be copied.If only agreeing with half of your opinion makes me a woman,allow me to bend over.Just bring lube.

Thats just wrong.

NIB
04-03-2006, 11:49 AM
My "quote" was a very small snippet of a 20 minute conversation I had with the author. Also, I was under the impression that he was writing an article for a magazine on plug building.:huh:

Bernzy

Johnee After meeting u I knew that was the case.

Slipknot
04-03-2006, 11:52 AM

Bernzy

yep, that figures. like John said I wonder how much was taken out of context. Sounds like the author was trying to make something out of nothing.

UserRemoved1
04-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Bernzy I missed you I did not know you were there.

Clammer
04-03-2006, 12:03 PM
I am happy to say & usual I had a great time & its always great to see the guys & girls //
I know there is friction of different levels between some makers /to each other / & also to dealers // but to myself / I find the ones that I talk to to great people / nothing wrong with differences ..,
I,m Not going into details =========

I,ve been fortuneite [sp] to have form some great friend
ships with some of the plug masters / I don,t expect anyone that works as hard as they do -with must its a second job [even if they thought it was a hobby]

everyonce in a while I,ll get a plug in the mail ======================= TRY IT is the cost //
or mac bought a small plug on e-bay -- & had it sent to me / just because he knows that what I like .,.,

Scott //one of the most generous guys on & too this site ////
HABS / no need to say anything // Mike // father/ young kids two jobs ========== BUSINESS IS BUSINESS ================
the guys that have entered the plastic generation =========== all pluses //

saying that I know if I needed [anything] & was broke /I would still be able to fish ========= with all the great people on this site ========= from members to sponsors of all kinds //you
have my respect .,.,
for the F #$%^&*() bLOofish lovers F/U ...

HABS & TAT ++ your in my thoughts ><><><
CLAMMER

NIB
04-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Perhaps after interviewing several builders he came upon that as a general consensus.The Moaning could be because the market is getting saturated.Saw lots o HAB's needles in lots o shops for sale 3 yrs ago they would have been picked clean in no time.How many 20 dollar plugs can we afford these days we are getting the pinch every which way we turn Gas, Heating bills it all eats into the general plug fund.So as the pins stay full The Moaning gets louder.

That is why I'm starting the send NIB to PLUGLAND Foundation.
Just Send me ur money.
(NIB likes to keep it simple Like Jimmy Swaggert).
RePent....Don't worry there is no Tammy Fay.
Be Happy..There is a feel good thing goin on here.
Yes I know u can u feel it.
NIB will feel good when he can afford MORE PLUGS.NIB has to have all the colors. He will need a new bigger bag for next yrs. show.How do U expect NIB to go on like this.PLEASE HELP!
Give till it hurts.
Make NIB NOTORIUS again.
NIB Thanks U for it.
That third person sh!t cracks me up...

JohnR
04-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Slip,
You said a mouthful. Dead nuts on accurate 100%.
In my short 45 yrs I’ve personally....

You've been short for 45 years? :smash: Sorry - had too ;)

Yes, there is some animosity going back and forth from different builders. I know as I unfortunately wind up mediating some of it. I can't stand it personally and nobody wins. I also believe that how long someone has been doing something like commercial plug building has little relevance with whether or not they "sling" barbs. These are my own observations.

Anyway, I think that the past few years have shown that those that get down in the weeds to sling barbs about the competition do little other than to hurt their own reputations.

I also believe that the more "Stand Up" people are both overtly and covertly, the more likely they are to stay out of the slinging that occurs.

NIB
04-03-2006, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=JohnR]You've been short for 45 years? :smash: Sorry - had too ;)
QUOTE]

He's been short AND funny lookin.
Got one o those BIG cartoon heads.
It's all i can do not to crack up every time i see him.
:hihi:

Diamond Tackle
04-03-2006, 12:38 PM
[QUOTE=JohnR]You've been short for 45 years? :smash: Sorry - had too ;)
QUOTE]

He's been short AND funny lookin.
Got one o those BIG cartoon heads.
It's all i can do not to crack up every time i see him.
:hihi:
I know, I know but it makes me easy to spot & I can blame it on my Black Forest ancestors, whats your excuse?

JohnR
04-03-2006, 12:45 PM
[quote=NIB]
I know, I know but it makes me easy to spot & I can blame it on my Black Forest ancestors, whats your excuse?

Noch ein mal. bitte :hee: Zum Wohl

MakoMike
04-03-2006, 12:48 PM
MakoMike, your close, but we all know close doesn't count.

The gentleman purchased $100+ dollars worth of lures and after cashing out asked if he was entitled for a free T-Shirt after spending that much money. Yes, you are, and we gladly gave him one. He then asked to see a hat, which we showed him. He asked how much and we told him $18.99. His respose was "Will you take $10". I responded with "they cost me more than $10, sorry" He said OK and had no problem with it.

Apparently you had a problem with the situation and that's unfortunate.

We can't please everybody.

My apologies, as you know I was pretty busy witht he magazines and must have gotten a mis-impression of what was going on. I didn't even realize that you gave him a t-shirt. Guess, next time I should pay mre attention before I stick my foot in my nouth again :smash:

afterhours
04-03-2006, 06:24 PM

Bernzy

same here....a trade magazine about plug builders.

NIB
04-03-2006, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=NIB]

I am rubber an u r glue what u say bounces offa me an sticks on u.
Ha Ha.

NIB
04-03-2006, 08:39 PM
same here....a trade magazine about plug builders.

Hey Don,
Why did they call U.???

Surfpirate
04-03-2006, 10:03 PM
The RISSA show was Massive!

I spent the weekend in the Aquaskinz booth helping Kadir man the booth, making sure the candy supply was tended to like a chum slick, across from the Saltwater Edge where I saw a first class operation at work. Any shop that had less than a spectacular event should camp out in front of the booth and watch how interest based customer service should be done.

The number of booths related to fishing is incredible. There were no gutter kings, no insurance companies (although I did miss the girl walking around in the Lobster outfit) 2 cars (GMC Trucks) a jerky counter a candy counter and a :gu: . Not too shabby!

It’s great to hook up with friends and just hang out and catch up. Habs and Tatoo are way too busy working most of the year so the time we get to steal on the beach is too few and far between, the shows allow us to at least share a few laughs, Joe and Jeff of PT Jude Tins have a great product but are even better people (I was lucky to be in the adjoining booth at the Mass Bass show, we have to fish this year gentlemen!) Craig and Billy of VS are always good for a few laughs and were there to show off the new reel with a bail, Rich Johnson also there was selling some if his show tapes for $5.00 (the show that had the rigging of an eel is worth adding to your collection reading a how to book or a magazine is nothing like seeing it done correctly) that he was playing on a big screen TV in the booth he had tapes on sharking, bass, blues, fluke, surfcasting in Montauk, Surfcasting off jetties & Black fishing to name a few.

What I am trying to say that is after paying your admission, you didn’t have to spend anything to walk away a better anglah. The knowledge in the room was frightening. Nick Karas was there (I see him at a few shows and was able to pick his brain on the ferry ride home that was worth the trip alone) available to hire as a charter, ask questions or sign The Complete Book of Striped Bass Fishing (a must have in any serious fisherman’s library IMHO). My buddy, 5 time distance casting champion, writer, star on the silver screen and all around good guy Ron Arra was in the Surfcaster booth when he wasn’t doing seminars, the enthusiasm he has for fishing is contagious!

The Seminar Speakers did great, even walking down the isle all you had to do was say hi to start a conversation with the likes of Andy and Rich from the Northeast Angling TV show, Al Gags, the Representatives from companies large and small, it gets you excited about the prospects of the upcoming season!

I saw a lot of familiar faces, got to spend quality time with Clammer and The Eel Man (who is a much better public speaker and gives more helpful information than…. well some Greek guy who lives on LI) solving the world’s problems over pizza Saturday night.

This is starting to sound like an academy awards speech and I don’t want to leave anyone out so I’ll end this by saying that this is one of my favorite shows due to the products available and the people who frequent the event; it just gets better (and bigger) every year.

Congratulations to RISSA, I am looking to seeing what’s in store for 2007

tattoobob
04-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Dano the director of fun, I always enjoy talking to you and Kadir,
I was just sitting here going over my loot and I have more free
plugs than what I paid for, great show guys. I missed Eel Man again
Saw Steve M at Quaker Lane and they reopened last Saturday
that was quick

Skitterpop
04-03-2006, 11:20 PM
What a nice positive post :kewl:

Rock Hopper
04-03-2006, 11:40 PM
Man......I had this whole thing thought out and ready to write....and then I read my man's write up...DanO aka: "Surfpirate"...aka: "Director Of Fun"...you put it more eloquently than I could have ever done. I will let your words speak the volumes....!

I would like to add:

I was also happy to see "Z", Zeno Hromin, Mark & Steve from my neck of the woods and Tony from Jersey and his crew...great bunch of guys...all of them! Got a few minutes with Bobby "Beachmaster", great guy and one who I consider a friend from my back yard....John Habs, who is a great friend and as usual....great, new stuff. Mike "Tattoo", another great friend and an awesome builder... (great stuff coming our way folks)... keep'em coming boys...Don at Afterhours, fantastic....Salty, well done...snuck in and took a look at your work....Al Gag's....."It's Alive"....the list goes on and on!

These plug builder wars have to stop....all you guys build awesome plugs...maybe the best bunch of plug builders ever assembled!

The boys at the "Edge" had it going on....a lot of people should take notes.....and the VS team was kicking it up a notch, as usual. The NE Angling Team was in full force and let it be known that they are more than a flash in the pan....great show guys...can't wait to see you in a new season.

Bill "Eel Man" and Mike "Clammer" what a great night...thanks so much for your hospitality and the laughs! Can't wait to see you guys again.

Patrick, you were a god send on Sunday when I felt like I was gonna drop...thanks for picking up the slack and for coming down....even with your hectic schedule.

A special thanks goes out to Tattoodad, Gretchen and Rich Johnson for getting me through the weekend with Tylenol & Advil :musc:

We were busy as all heck and everyone is super excited about the improvements on the exisiting prod. and even more excited about the new ones coming for 06.

What can you say about the RISAA crew??????? They are AWESOME! Well done guys...as usual!!

DanO, you are one of kind bud! Thanks for doing what you do...I'll never forget it!!!

Thanks to all those that stopped in and said hello, introduced themselves and gave their feedback and support of AquaSkinz...we appreciate it all. There are so many folks that I would like to continue to mention....the list would go on and on....if I didn't mention you here, it doesn't mean I forgot you....thanks to all!

See you all again next year...or sooner.

Tight lines, screaming reels and good times!

Kadir

afterhours
04-04-2006, 06:01 AM
Hey Don,
Why did they call U.???
..i dunno tony...maybe they want to know how not to build a plug :conf: :hee:

NIB
04-04-2006, 06:21 AM
..i dunno tony...maybe they want to know how not to build a plug :conf: :hee:

Then they should have called me:as:
Well if they really wanted to start a flame war they should have called me.:tm:

NIB
04-04-2006, 06:28 AM
Always good to see "Kato" my new name for kadir his gang o priate.
Hope ur Stay was nice:wall:
Weekend at clamma's? With #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&.That could be a movie:err:
when u make the "sportscoat" I was talkin to ya of I wanna be the first to own one.

JohnR
04-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Bill "Eel Man" and Mike "Clammer" what a great night...thanks so much for your hospitality and the laughs! Can't wait to see you guys again.

I heard the next day that you had called but I was exhausted and asleep LONG before you guys got to the ClamShack - Sorry I missed you guys...

eelman
04-04-2006, 07:47 AM
The show was great! Kadir and Dan your both first class guys! Was happy to break some bread with you and enjoy the night AT THE "Clam Shack". I loved this show and had loads of fun at it, it really had a family feel to it for me. Met to many guys to mention but lets just leave it at they were all good people! But alas! its time to finally FISH..................:hihi:

BobT
04-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Hay Kadir. Thanks for helping me and my kid out with the small bag and pouch for Jigs and pigs. Got them. Now all we have to do is wait for the fishies !!!!!!!!!!

jbuck
04-04-2006, 05:02 PM
To all the people that ran and helped out at the show I would like to say thanks for running a GREAT show.

thanks for all that stopped by the booth to say hello,

I was impressed with all the NY and NJ gang that made the trip up.

Dano & Kadir you guys are the best.The Director of Fun fits dano to a T . (We will have to do so fishing one way or another)

Thanks Again, Jeff

Pt.JudeJoe
04-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Yes what Jeff said:claps: ...It was a great show and we enjoyed meeting some folks for the first time and seeing the ones we already know again. It's difficult to see and talk to all of the people you want to and do the booth thing too.You get little snippets of it that stand out in your memory though, and that's cool. It really is a whirlwind tour from Fri to Sun. Thanks to all who helped me out throughout the year and to all who stopped by during the show. The good thing about the shows being over, (besides the shows being over:bl: ) is that it's just about FISHIN TIME!!!!!!!:happy: Have a great season y'all!!!!!!! ~Joe

pete santini
04-04-2006, 09:15 PM
THE RIISA SHOW AND MSBA SHOW ARE MY FAVORITES . I REALLY ENJOY PARTICIPATING IN BOTH OF THEM IT GETS ME ALL REVVED UP FOR THE SEASON THANK YOU STEVE MEDERIOS AND CREW FROM RIISA SEE YOU NEXT YEAR SANTINI

Rock Hopper
04-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Glad we could help BobT. As you saw, the bags and pouches are really great for a lot of different uses...just a matter of a little imagination.

JBuck & PJJ, you guys are awesome, period.

JohnR, sorry we missed you bud...but you missed a pretty cool night at the "clam shack".

Bill, you are a cool dude once one gets to know you. A word of knowledge in that head...much respect. Will take you up on that with Steve (another class guy) if the schedule permits.

Well boys, I can smell em coming....get ready...it'll be on before you know it.

Tight lines to all.

Kadir aka: Rock Hopper

NJTackle
04-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I am rubber an u r glue what u say bounces offa me an sticks on u.
Ha Ha.

http://surftalk.njtackle.com/images/smilies/shame.gif

tattoobob
04-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Kadir & Dano Aqua Skinz, Joe & Jeff Pt.Jude, Scott (#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&) Don Afterhours, Habs, Tattoo, Pete Santini John & Norbert NJ Tackle. all the best products and all the best people to talk and deal with. If I missed anyone sorry

UserRemoved1
04-05-2006, 03:59 AM
shoulda used this one Tinman

http://surftalk.njtackle.com/images/smilies/fartnrun.gif

:D :D

http://surftalk.njtackle.com/images/smilies/shame.gif