View Full Version : The Dark Side of the RISAA and MSBA Shows

Finaddict
04-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Now that these shows are over, I find myself sneaking down to the basement to layout all the plugs -- needles, spooks, metal lips, etc. -- and spoons and tins, plastics, line and other gear, several times a night and morning (before and after work) and sit with all my new stuff (and old) as I get ready for the season ... the timing is too long and I can't wait much longer ... the addiction is becoming so strong ... that I wonder if it is for the fishing or just the shiny plugs.

Anyone else having these same experiences? Are you sitting mindlessly spinning your reels over and over nonstop for hours, walking around with your surf sticks in your hands ...?

After more than 30 years of fishing, I've never had it so bad as I am having it this season ...

But these shows had so much great stuff, that they made the addiction stronger ... how much longer?

Joe
04-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Bottom is different for everyone.

luds
04-07-2006, 10:00 AM
I've been selling some of the tackle I don't use to help balance out the purchases I made at RISSA and MSBA. It's helping keep me a little busy for now.

I'm not very excited about chasing schoolies or holdovers so I'm gonna hold off as long as I can. Conserve my fuel money until it's really go time.

King Neptune
04-07-2006, 10:12 AM
I FEEL YOUR PAIN.Feed the addiction. Go out and do some freshwater fishing. There's tons of freshly stocked mindless trout swimming around. The big largemouth bass are on the feed, too. It's better to catch little fish than no fish at all!

t.orlando
04-07-2006, 10:13 AM
I'm not very excited about chasing schoolies or holdovers so I'm gonna hold off as long as I can. Conserve my fuel money until it's really go time.
Exactly. Got about a month before I fish

Back Beach
04-07-2006, 10:38 AM
I FEEL YOUR PAIN.Feed the addiction. Go out and do some freshwater fishing. There's tons of freshly stocked mindless trout swimming around. The big largemouth bass are on the feed, too. It's better to catch little fish than no fish at all!

Good point. Been catching lots of quality "Larrys" for about three weeks in the local shallow ponds. Will be in the surf by month's end/early May. Maybe one schoolie trip, but that's it. :soon:

Rockport24
04-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Good point. Been catching lots of quality "Larrys" for about three weeks in the local shallow ponds. Will be in the surf by month's end/early May. Maybe one schoolie trip, but that's it. :soon:

yeah, I just posted about fishing freshwater in the "are you ready" thread, but to elaborate further, it does help, no doubt about it, just to feel a pull on the line feels great after the winter (I am not an ice-fisherman). It's like a quick fix, and it's a gateway drug for surfcasting!

tynan19
04-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Still those holdovers fight just as good as the large mouths and 10 times better than a rainbow if you use the same equipment. Just remember to pinch those barbs.

tattoobob
04-07-2006, 02:45 PM
I've been selling some of the tackle I don't use to help balance out the purchases I made at RISSA and MSBA. It's helping keep me a little busy for now.

I did the same so I could get a new rod and I want to get everything settled before I fish so I want to fish for schoolies but I want to wait for the cows and fish the Alewife run in the middle of May. plugs and flies only though.
I have so many new plugs and tins I don't know where to start, plus 3 new reels and 2 new rods.

pops
04-07-2006, 10:07 PM
jonesing ME :wall: :soon: :shocked:

Ive got more lures over the winter lmao... :devil2: just trying to stem the urge ......im kinda wondering to ...fish or nice shiny lures :sick: .