View Full Version : The Wheel ,,,again

Tagger
04-09-2006, 05:33 PM
I've incorperated needles and spinner blades.. I swam them and they don't tangle on the cast and come in flashing like a bastage.. I thought I finally had an original idea..(tadpole)... Others say No ... been done.. never saw these though.. am I still a copy cat ? who made these .

Raven
04-09-2006, 05:48 PM
if they work good...

thats their purpose.... and great idea too.

tynan19
04-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Those look great. Their is a fresh water contraption with a large blade 12 inches above a spinner bait. I want to say Roland Martin uses it. It worked in fresh water so I am sure you will have success.

eastendlu
04-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Keep re-inventing and inventing Eddie as they say ya never know when your gonna strike gold.Let us know how they work out this season they look pissa.

Slipknot
04-09-2006, 06:35 PM
you are not a copycat eddie
that is original
good job, slay the bass with that, OK
can I be the first one to copy that? :D

Backbeach Jake
04-09-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm gonna join the list of Tagger copycats with Slip. I have a good feeling about that lure.

numbskull
04-09-2006, 06:57 PM
I've incorperated needles and spinner blades.. I swam them and they don't tangle on the cast and come in flashing like a bastage.. I thought I finally had an original idea..(tadpole)... Others say No ... been done.. never saw these though.. am I still a copy cat ? who made these .

I don't know, but maybe you can sell advertising space on them and cast them over crowded beaches this summer.

"uffah!!"
04-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Well, they say, give them what they have never seen before. You will never know if it works until you try it. So good luck. I like it, but I'm not a fish.

justplugit
04-09-2006, 08:53 PM
If anyone could come up with a completely new plug, never seen by

human eye, it should be named after you Tagger-- "The Tagster" You

are truly the "jack of all plugs and meister of all, including the meister of

hard work and generosity, :btu:

gone fishin
04-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Good looking plug and idea. How does it swim, does it have a tendancy to spin?:cool:

Tagger
04-10-2006, 04:06 AM
My favirote fresh water bass lure spring and nights is a spinnerbait . I found I could catch fish just changing the blade ,by changing the vibration pattern in the water . I'd throw my favirote black spinnerbait at night with a 5 colorado . Slow rolling it you could feel the blade chug , chug ,chug, .. I'd be catching nothing ,when I'd switch to the exact same bait only with a willow blade . I'd usaully be succesful catching large fresh water bass . I'd call this tecnique playing to the latteral line . The fish would feel the change in vibration and mother nature would make the fish hit the lure by instinct ,, it was weak or injured . Take out the weak .. strengthen the gene pool ,, insure survival .Savage, but in there world probably true.. Just my theory why..:gf: So like so many other saltwater baits this idea comes from freshwater.. feel free to copy ,, like I could stop ya .

Skitterpop
04-10-2006, 09:18 AM
And now with front running spinning blades!

Crazy man :bl:
Blue over white with glow stick eyes :bl:

One of your favorite color combos Tagger

Flaptail
04-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Eddie, Poes has a hanger and spinner blade arrangement just like that on there Flaptails though instead of being up front it's at the rear of the plug and a touch shorter but the same design. It's a screw eye bent on a 90 degree angle a half inch out from the body and there is a swivel and colorado blade on it. Yours is only different in that it is forward and the wire a bit longer.

Tagger
04-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Eddie, Poes has a hanger and spinner blade arrangement just like that on there Flaptails though instead of being up front it's at the rear of the plug and a touch shorter but the same design. It's a screw eye bent on a 90 degree angle a half inch out from the body and there is a swivel and colorado blade on it. Yours is only different in that it is forward and the wire a bit longer.
:crying:

Charleston
04-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Eddie, I won't copy you, no way. SO why don't you just send me one.:biglaugh:
Seriously, nice looking needles, very nice!

Skitterpop
04-11-2006, 05:54 PM
:crying:

Its not a needle and its not anywhere near the same design or placement.

Its like saying a bass spinner bait is similar :huh:

Give yourself some credit for crying out loud :hihi:

You`re Leonardo Da Tagginci :musc:

Flaptail
04-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Its not a needle and its not anywhere near the same design or placement.

Its like saying a bass spinner bait is similar :huh:

Give yourself some credit for crying out loud :hihi:

You`re Leonardo Da Tagginci :musc:

Mikey, the basic premise, regardless of placement is the same. Now don't cause any trouble here, that's my job.:wall:

Taggers work is good, no doubt and I don't mean to demean his work in anyway, shape or form, but the simple fact, which he asked an opinion of, is that the basic premise has been done before regardless of if it's a needle, flaptail or anything else.

Eddie, rock on Brother, the fish will dig it and that's all that counts.:kewl:

Skitterpop
04-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Mikey, the basic premise, regardless of placement is the same. Now don't cause any trouble here, that's my job.:wall:

Taggers work is good, no doubt and I don't mean to demean his work in anyway, shape or form, but the simple fact, which he asked an opinion of, is that the basic premise has been done before regardless of if it's a needle, flaptail or anything else.

Eddie, rock on Brother, the fish will dig it and that's all that counts.:kewl:

As soon as I posted my posty I wondered if you would take it personal.
This isn`t about you Steve....its about Eddie :usd:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I`ve been wondering where and when I could fit that in :bo:

Now write a big book so I can read it! :uhuh:

Tagger
04-11-2006, 08:10 PM
pleeeez ...no foul .. I ask for history from plugoligist such as Flap,CS ,VB,AdamR.. Very much appreciated .. thats how I've come this far .. learned a ton from VB this year .. thanks

Skitterpop
04-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Flaptail is my Zen Master :bl:

justafunnin

Mikey :spin:

Slipknot
02-13-2009, 01:42 PM
so how did these work Ed? catch anything?

go4broke44
02-13-2009, 02:34 PM
slipknot, you and I must really be on the same page.

I was looking at these exact same needles probably 2-3 days ago wondering the same thing! I'm working on a flaptail needle

Tagger
02-13-2009, 05:34 PM
I never gained any confidence in them and hardly threw them .. I started catching on my regular needle ,, like 10 fish over 30# my first year as well as a 35# my little nephew caught and forgot all about the spinner blades . I was just looking at one the other day and wondering if they were worth the effort . So much to throw.. so little time ..

PNG
02-13-2009, 05:40 PM
didnt you have a plugfest contest entry with wires sticking out of it 3 years agoish? If not sorry. Remeber it as a cool plug.

Tagger
02-13-2009, 06:07 PM
didnt you have a plugfest contest entry with wires sticking out of it 3 years agoish? If not sorry. Remeber it as a cool plug.

Bladerunner darter ... I still have that ... I'll bring that to the club house .. alot going on when that goes thru the water .. looks like a marching band ..