View Full Version : Lami 3M Chunking Rod

Got Stripers
04-17-2002, 01:57 PM
I just finished rebuilding a 3M blank, cut down from 11 foot (at the butt) to 10 foot, conventional, all new Fugi Hardloy guides, cork tape handle and butt cap, plus a refinish of the entire blank. Looks great and will have it at this Wednesday's MSBA meeting for sale at $125 if anyone's interested. Should throw 4-8 oz easily. If anyone wants to put dibs on it prior to the meeting let me know, it will be one less thing I need to cart up there, since I'll be bringing plastic along for the How To Night. http://www.ledgerunnerbaits.com/3m.jpg http://www.ledgerunnerbaits.com/3m1.jpg

Zem
04-26-2002, 09:50 AM
Just curious, didnt you win this rod from a nother site last year? if i am mistaken i apologize

Got Stripers
04-26-2002, 01:49 PM
Yes I did and then completely refinished the rod tip to butt, including all new Fugi Hardloy guides, cork tape handle and Fugi butt cap, what I should give it away then? It's called free enterprise, my labor is worth something, as are the Hardloy guides I put on :).

Zem
05-01-2002, 04:57 PM
i guess 2 different ways of looking at it..the chap you got it from offed the rod for free as a good gesture to his fellow surf fsherman, i mean it is yours for free to do what you like with it but i cant help but think there may have been some less fortunate maybe even adolescent surfcaster who could have used that as his first rod....free enterprise is great i guess, but not everyone is out to make a buck all the time as was obvious from the guy who offed it for free...or did he pay shipping...i guess its one of those things in life that can be looked at in several different ways depending on your perspective on things. I wonder if the guy who gave it away would have given it if he knew the intent was to for a profit to be turned, doesn't matter anyway i suppose, water under the bridge now

Got Stripers
05-02-2002, 09:12 AM
Consider it came in with the butt crushed, plus most of the guides damaged, it's a wonder it got to me at all. I actually considered putting out in a yard sale, that's how useless it was to me in that condition. I spent a fair amount of time and money to rebuild that rod into something worthwhile and have it priced at a very low price for the finished product. If you think your going to make me guilty about trying to make a buck for my time & labor, you'll have to do better. I've got no problem in profitting off that rod. I've also given away more free stuff in my life to youth, friends and strangers then a lot of guys buy in 10 years of fishing, so again no guilt here :).

Zem
05-02-2002, 10:02 AM
All SiC fuJi guides i guess? plus titanium SiC tip ?

JohnR
05-02-2002, 10:32 AM
I don't know how you got the rod, giveaway or auction @ SOL I think, but when I saw the rod @ the reel party (or plug ??? I forget which) it was in pretty tough shape & certainly not fishable in the condition it was in. Several of the guides were busted and the butt section was crushed and had to be cut out. The blank also had the typical battle damage along it's length...

He did a pretty good job fixing it up in my opinion and while I don't know what the value would be for the rod would/should be, that's got to be some $$ in parts & time to redo the way he did it. If someone got the rod that couldn't fix it themselves, they would need to bring it into a shop and pay to have it redone - just to be fishable...

Got Stripers
05-02-2002, 11:41 AM
You want to take a look, I dropped off the rod at M&Ds yesterday and it's there for sale. I asked Mike if I could get $125 out of the sale for the time/labor/parts I invested and he didn't hestitate when he answered easily. It's more than a fair price and I don't know if Mike will mark it up or not.