View Full Version : Whats Up With This???

BigFish
04-14-2006, 05:40 PM
So....the government in their infinite wisdom is planning on going after Barry Bonds for Perjury???? Now....I am one of the biggest Bonds haters going....but didn't Rafael Palmiero vehimently deny ever, ever taking any type or form to steroid to the congressional committee and then he tested positive and was suspended by MLB!!!!!! :huh: So my point is...why are they targeting Bonds??? He says and I quote "He never "Knowingly" took any steroids"......seems like his loophole if you ask me.....no case as far as I can see so why don't they go after Palmiero???

:musc: <Bonds before steroids

Raider Ronnie
04-14-2006, 05:46 PM
I agree !!!
LOTS of guys they should go after going back to Brady Anderson !!!
What gets me, is that guys like Willy Mays, Hank Aaron, and others who played the game without cheating, have NOT come out bitching about these guys doing steriods!!!
And they banned Charlie Hustle (Pete Rose) for violating the integrity of the game !!!:doh:

Raven
04-14-2006, 06:18 PM
why dont they concentrate on something meaningful instead of busting everyones balls....for nuthin
what a waste of human potential

i could care less about steroid use amongst professional athletes

more power? ..you go baby... but trying to bust everyone for anything imaginable doesn't spell freedom in my book...

it spells dark ages bull s h i t e....freakin waste of time, energy and the salaries that we pay them. it's the same old mentality as
OH so you have a black cat...eh? well then you must be a witch! ...
your an evil doer -> burn them at the stake ....drown him ... off with his head!
throw him in irons ... off to the dungen -> to the torture chamber :doh:

Kadywampus
04-15-2006, 10:42 AM
So....the government in their infinite wisdom is planning on going after Barry Bonds for Perjury???? Now....I am one of the biggest Bonds haters going....but didn't Rafael Palmiero vehimently deny ever, ever taking any type or form to steroid to the congressional committee and then he tested positive and was suspended by MLB!!!!!! :huh: So my point is...why are they targeting Bonds??? He says and I quote "He never "Knowingly" took any steroids"......seems like his loophole if you ask me.....no case as far as I can see so why don't they go after Palmiero???

:musc: <Bonds before steroids

Bonds is the target because he's the last man standing and he's threatening Babe Ruths home run record . If Palmeiro or McGuire
were still playing and threatening long time records they would be targets too .

spence
04-15-2006, 10:57 AM
I think it's the timing of the events that has Bonds in the crosshairs.

Palmero could have taken after his appearance before Congress, while the evidence against Bonds was from before.

-spence

Clogston29
04-15-2006, 12:12 PM
They don't have nearly as much evidence that Palmero used steriods before his testimony. If I were Barry, I'd me more afraid of the potential IRS investigation than I would be about the whole grand jury thing, I think the IRS sees this as a prime time to make an example of someone - especially with how low public opinion is of Barry.

Squid kids Dad
04-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Yes..The IRS and commiting perjury before the grand jury...:hang:

Skip N
04-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Any player that tests positive for steroids should be expelled from baseball and have thier stats and records stripped away. Thats the only way to send a message to these roid freaks. Nothing but a bunch of cheaters if they're on roids. MLB needs to crack the freakin whip and start sending messages that steroid use will not be tolerated. You cheat and affect the integrity of the game you get banished. Just like Rose, you affect the integrity your gone. End of story. Doesnt MLB understand this is what the fans want!? We dont want roid freak cheaters breaking records that were done legit by baseball legends!!

Kadywampus
04-16-2006, 02:43 AM
Any player that tests positive for steroids should be expelled from baseball and have thier stats and records stripped away. Thats the only way to send a message to these roid freaks. Nothing but a bunch of cheaters if they're on roids. MLB needs to crack the freakin whip and start sending messages that steroid use will not be tolerated. You cheat and affect the integrity of the game you get banished. Just like Rose, you affect the integrity your gone. End of story. Doesnt MLB understand this is what the fans want!? We dont want roid freak cheaters breaking records that were done legit by baseball legends!!
If onyone should be banned from baseball it should be the commisioner . Everyone knew that players were juicing up for at least the last 15 years (remember the bash brothers?) and yet MLB chose to ignore it . MLB was coming off a season where the World Series was canceled and turned a blind eye to players who showed up 40lbs heavier ,hit home runs , and put butts in the seats . Baseball was making money and the fans were filling the stadiums , everyone was happy . There was only one man who had the power to ban the roids and he chose to do nothing because baseball was more popular and profitable than ever before . Part of the commisioners job is to make rulings protecting "the good of the game" . I doubt that Kennesaw Mountain Landis would have decided
to ignore the obvious abuse of steroids , 'for the good for the game'.

Skip N
04-16-2006, 10:34 AM
If onyone should be banned from baseball it should be the commisioner . Everyone knew that players were juicing up for at least the last 15 years (remember the bash brothers?) and yet MLB chose to ignore it . MLB was coming off a season where the World Series was canceled and turned a blind eye to players who showed up 40lbs heavier ,hit home runs , and put butts in the seats . Baseball was making money and the fans were filling the stadiums , everyone was happy . There was only one man who had the power to ban the roids and he chose to do nothing because baseball was more popular and profitable than ever before . Part of the commisioners job is to make rulings protecting "the good of the game" . I doubt that Kennesaw Mountain Landis would have decided
to ignore the obvious abuse of steroids , 'for the good for the game'.

Of course MLB looked the other way all this time. And thats total BS too. But to put all the blame on Selig and MLB and none on the players is crazy. The players are the ones cheating and ruining the history of baseball by using roids to destroy all these historic records. The fans see all the records being broken by cheeters and thier finally getting pissed and want heads to roll. Starting with Bonds and hopefully leading towards Big Mac and Sosa, and anyone else who has ever used roids and cheated. Just because the cheating was ignored for so long doesnt mean we should keep letting it happen! Lets end all this crap once and for all. When a record is broken i want to know it was done naturally by a players good old fashioned hard work. Not by sticking needles in thier asses and useing funky creams and HGH. Thats just F'ed up.

The Dad Fisherman
04-16-2006, 03:54 PM
Selig should shoulder the brunt of the blame because, Sadly, the players really didn't do anything illegal. Steroids wasn't a banned substance in MLB until last year, if I'm not mistaken. MLB needed to step in a decade ago and correct it.

Kadywumpus hit it right on the Head...Selig was more than happy to see a re-surgence in baseball....regardless of how it happened.

CAL
04-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Sadly, the players really didn't do anything illegal. Steroids wasn't a banned substance in MLB until last year, if I'm not mistaken.

MLB did put in a rule in the early to mid 90's that all illegal substances were not allowed. Pot, coke, etc, doesn't matter, and steroids would fall into that category because they aren't legal. No they didn't have a testing policy but the rule was still there.

The Dad Fisherman
04-16-2006, 05:49 PM
That why I always put in a Disclaimer...:D.....That is true

But in the Case of some steroids are they included in the "Illegal" Substances.....

"uffah!!"
04-16-2006, 07:35 PM
Well, they pulled everyone elses chain, I looks like it Bonds turn!! What do you want them to do Discrimenate???

vineyardblues
04-17-2006, 11:22 AM
How about a little drug testing with in the Goverment :)
Or let's just say it you have 2 DWI you lose your job ? LOL

Go get Them BigFIsh !
VB:gu:

Skip N
04-17-2006, 12:09 PM
How about a little drug testing with in the Goverment :)
Or let's just say it you have 2 DWI you lose your job ? LOL

Go get Them BigFIsh !
VB:gu:

What does that have to do with Bonds and steroids? But if you must go down that road so be it. I noticed you fail to mention Bubba smoking dope. Oh wait, thats different right?:doh:

Skip N
04-17-2006, 12:10 PM
The MLB needs to define this more clearly and specifically. There are supplements/products that can be bought OTC at GNC or on the web that enhance performance and help with muscle gain that aren't a "banned" substance..If the league had a commisioner that had a pair, this wouldn't be an issue....

Yes, i dont think Bonds walks into GNC and purchases HGH!

Backbeach Jake
04-17-2006, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=Raven]why dont they concentrate on something meaningful instead of busting everyones balls....for nuthin
what a waste of human potential

i could care less about steroid use amongst professional athletes

more power? ..you go baby... but trying to bust everyone for anything imaginable doesn't spell freedom in my book...

it spells dark ages bull s h i t e....freakin waste of time, energy and the salaries that we pay them. [QUOTE]:claps:
Exactly! I'm getting a little worn out with these purposeless witchhunts myself.