View Full Version : Bunker Spoons

Sweetwater
04-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Does anyone troll bunker spoons any more? The seem to be very difficult to find, and when you find them they run $35 plus per. Is this a method of fishing that's going out of style? Also, does anyone know where to pick up larger bunker spoons for reasonable change?

NIB
04-21-2006, 04:48 AM
Till the last few yrs. when any boat guy could snag a bunker out of a pod an get a 40#er spoons where very popular amongst the boat crownd in NJ..
I have seen some pretty cool paint jobs on some recently i noticed west marine had em they came in a clear lexan type tube.Don't remember the pricing.

BigBo
04-21-2006, 05:48 AM
I'm not sure if MikeCC has them or not. Shoot him an e-mail and ask. If he does, he'll ship them out to ya. If not, Monahan Marine in Weymouth has them in various sizes.

likwid
04-21-2006, 07:27 AM
:rotf2:

ProfessorM
04-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Yes oh yes. Out of style. Don't waste your time;) . One of my fav ways to fish for big girls. I make myself. I can make you a few if you want or I can get you an address for you to buy at reasonable price. Send me a PM and I will spill the beans. Paul

Moses
04-21-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure if MikeCC has them or not. Shoot him an e-mail and ask. If he does, he'll ship them out to ya. If not, Monahan Marine in Weymouth has them in various sizes.

Mike showed me a couple of "proto types" last weekend. They looked real nice. Hopefully be available in the coming weeks......

SolOmoN
04-21-2006, 11:57 AM
so what's the technique to fishing them? slow, deep? I'm not into fishing wire, seems like putting feed out to attract deer.....
not all that much sport in it once the fish is hooked... but then again I am probally way off base...

sol...

MakoMike
04-21-2006, 12:25 PM
so what's the technique to fishing them? slow, deep? I'm not into fishing wire, seems like putting feed out to attract deer.....
not all that much sport in it once the fish is hooked... but then again I am probally way off base...

sol...

No your not, IMHO way off base, which is one of the reason I refuse to drag wire on my boat.

Saltheart
04-21-2006, 12:36 PM
I guess I missed the point. What's wrong with wire line trolling?

ProfessorM
04-21-2006, 01:16 PM
If you don't like wire than don't bother with bunker spoons. Always seems like fun to me. I like it and it works. A little more to it than just draggin wire. To each his own. paul

NIB
04-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Although not much of a boater.i do appreciate the art of trollin wire.
when i get to old to climb on rocks i will give it a better shot.