View Full Version : OTW Cup R U IN??

NIB
04-23-2006, 07:03 AM
With 7 days to go till May 1st.The first day of weigh ins for the OTW Cup who is in.Would like to see where the intrest lies with this thing before I send in my doe.Also I have no Idea where to weigh anything in in NJ.
I have yet to wet a line.Hope I will be ready.

NIB
04-23-2006, 07:12 AM
http://www.onthewater.com/stripercupstriperstations.html

Ok found this.Closest one is 40 mins either direction add summertime traffic an it could easily be more.

Skitterpop
04-23-2006, 07:16 AM
I`m thinking about it and it would be my first tourney and I have some things going on that would restrict my fishing..... but I keep thinking about it.

Thats a long drive NIB for a weigh in. Throw it on ice and send it to me UPS. I`ve got a weigh station down the street. :hihi:

nightfighter
04-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Based on lack of 'local' weigh stations, I would say I'm out. Can't believe they don't have one within twenty miles north of Boston.

Moses
04-23-2006, 07:27 AM
IN

Skitterpop
04-23-2006, 07:57 AM
They made big changes in the tourney. Contact them and voice your concerns. This is their 1st tourney and maybe they are working on or will work on adding more stations.

basswipe
04-23-2006, 08:05 AM
I signed up after the rules changes.

SandyPtMayor
04-23-2006, 08:22 AM
I plan on using my kayak around the same honey spots i had luck with last year...good luck to all

Karl F
04-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Nib... :hihi:.. I gotta wake up, I thought this thread said
"OTW cup Ruin"..... :hihi:

back ta work.

NIB
04-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Nib... :hihi:.. I gotta wake up, I thought this thread said
"OTW cup Ruin"..... :hihi:

back ta work.

Hey Karl:wavey:
U samplin again
:D

Karl F
04-23-2006, 09:01 AM
No... just need my eyes checked... really do, they is startin to play tricks on me :(

JohnR
04-23-2006, 09:20 AM
I dunno - I've asked a few times among the members here and have not had much response lately... As for S-B fielding a team, I need responses from the membahs....

Skitterpop
04-23-2006, 09:35 AM
To be fair to other clubs just keep the teams for various states to a set limit equivalent to most independent clubs. I bet when push comes to shove you`ll be surprised to see the small amount who will enter as a S-B member.... No offense intended.

Indanite < :smash:

NIB
04-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Well the Poll thread was sidetracked by some internet Joker.:as:
Of the 56 voters 11 said they would fish as a S-B team member.
11 may not be Mass Bass PFfffftt..But it is a team.

tattoobob
04-23-2006, 10:33 AM
I signed up after the rule change, I haven't seen any shirt or any correspondence from OTW yet. I have to check the weigh stations

Mike P
04-23-2006, 12:13 PM
To be fair to other clubs just keep the teams for various states to a set limit equivalent to most independent clubs. I bet when push comes to shove you`ll be surprised to see the small amount who will enter as a S-B member.... No offense intended.

Indanite < :smash:

Most of the clubs from Long Island have 40-50 members. I doubt we'd get that many from any one state here at s-b.

stripercrazy
04-23-2006, 01:26 PM
I not fishing for my club or myself. most of the keeper fish I caught and seen caught were all under 20 pounds, most were just keepers, the fisherary is still in trouble. seems to me people are happy throwing back 27 inch fish, most fish caught after 29 inches are getting taken. I don't know anyone at on the water, but it seens there forgeting the sportman part of the sport, would bassmaster ever do this in freshwater? seems that striper reform has stalled at 28 inches and everyone seems ok with it. I hate to think stripers will end up like a put and take fishery, insted of stocking them we let them breed and at 28 there gone.just my 2 cents. ed

NIB
04-23-2006, 02:03 PM
I not fishing for my club or myself. most of the keeper fish I caught and seen caught were all under 20 pounds, most were just keepers, the fisherary is still in trouble. seems to me people are happy throwing back 27 inch fish, most fish caught after 29 inches are getting taken. I don't know anyone at on the water, but it seens there forgeting the sportman part of the sport, would bassmaster ever do this in freshwater? seems that striper reform has stalled at 28 inches and everyone seems ok with it. I hate to think stripers will end up like a put and take fishery, insted of stocking them we let them breed and at 28 there gone.just my 2 cents. ed

Well we went through this several times over.The folks at OTW have made some changes to the rules.Under the new rules the tournament does seem more fish friendly.An well beneath the limits u can take by law.Comparing 12" bass to 20 lb stripers kept alive is apples an watermelons, really.U have the right not to partake an that is fine.thanks for ur input.looking for both sides of the coin here.

stripercrazy
04-23-2006, 02:46 PM
if you guy's get a team going , best of luck.

Slipknot
04-23-2006, 05:08 PM
If NIB is in, I am too:uhuh: :cheers:

Skitterpop
04-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Can S-B front a team with Members from different states?

If so I`ll sign up :nopain:

Squid kids Dad
04-23-2006, 05:39 PM
I am in for sure..You never know how big the bite is gonna be...The new rules are a lot more fish freindly..

nightfighter
04-24-2006, 07:09 AM

Ok found this.Closest one is 40 mins either direction add summertime traffic an it could easily be more.

Same here, and I'm just 20 miles north of Boston!?!? That's a big void, especially with projected fuel prices..... Could be the nail in the coffin for me, and many anglers on the north shore.

Offshore
04-24-2006, 08:00 AM
I signed on after the rules change as an individual

BasicPatrick
04-24-2006, 08:08 AM
I am fishing for MSBA

Mike P
04-24-2006, 08:42 AM
I'm in, too. I'll be part of sb-MA if John goes that way, otherwise I'll be in as me, myself and I ;)

Rockport24
04-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Yeah, it looks like surfland is it on the north shore. oh well. I think I am going to sign up, not so much to weigh in fish for a club, but to weigh in a cow if the stars align for me one night this year. Oh and a big fishing/harpoon party sounds like a great time.
Still, I would be a part of S-B, MA also if some of you dudes were interested.

Steve K
04-24-2006, 09:12 AM
I just signed up.

stiff tip
04-24-2006, 09:35 AM
i,m in was from the start,,i trust the otw people and the sponsers not to fu*k this event up ,,a lot at stake ,,sponsers putting up prizes rods reels ,gear, electronics ,money, etc.......and a full dressed out 18-grady w/ motor ,,trailer.. as grand prize at the harpoon brewery presntion...in oct..not bad for 25 bucks..and i could get lucky and pull a big dog off the bottom some where,,,or maby a 50 from the canal

Saltheart
04-24-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm going to enter. I can fish for S-B or for myself. I'd like to see a team from the site. I listed reasons on the Poll thread.

Saltheart
04-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Oh , BTW , they got good coverage for weigh in shops near where I fish. Its just a geographic thing. I can see jersey being tough with only 3 shops.

Striperknight
04-24-2006, 10:25 AM

Either one is a haul for you.:rollem:

t.orlando
04-24-2006, 11:01 AM
In for S-B if we field a team

Steve K
04-24-2006, 11:34 AM
I am wondering why NY and NJ are even included when OTW touts itself as The Angler's Guide to New England. Last I checked, NY and NJ are not part of NE.

NIB
04-24-2006, 11:46 AM
We where a part of the original colonies.:D
I think they did it to keep in tradition with the original Schaefer Cup Tourney.Where NJ an NY clubs took the Top honors a few yrs.We do have Striped Bass.An plus it is a good chance to broaden there subscription parameters.

NIB
04-24-2006, 11:50 AM
I don't see why if S-B.com where to sponsor a team of less than 40 anglers why we could forgo any state affiliations.I have not heard the officil ruling on this anyways.
It would be a honor for me to fish as a memember of S-B.
I don't think my surf club will get in on this right away.
Perhaps in the future as the tourney builds recognition.

NIB
04-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Either one is a haul for you.:rollem:

I know its even further for U.
SK probably has close to a hr trip one way.

Flaptail
04-24-2006, 12:47 PM
We where a part of the original colonies.:D
I think they did it to keep in tradition with the original Schaefer Cup Tourney.Where NJ an NY clubs took the Top honors a few yrs.We do have Striped Bass.An plus it is a good chance to broaden there subscription parameters.

Very few years. Hi Nibby!!!!hahahahahahahaha, you got to have some big fish in Joisey now don't ya? Just pullin' yer chain ya know could not resist!:bl: :spin: :hf1:

Slipknot
04-24-2006, 12:55 PM
NIB, what are you worried about weighing them in for anayway? IF you weigh any in, it most likely will be near the canal or in RI anyway:pop:

I still have lots of questions about this tourney.

Sea Dangles
04-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Either way NIB you gotta enter.I have a dress your size in my closet:wave:

libassboy
04-24-2006, 07:38 PM
I found out today that one of the 4 weigh stations in New York just happens to be a Local b&t a few mins fom my house..so it looks like im in.:wavey:

tattoobob
04-24-2006, 08:02 PM
I am fishing for MSBA

I also signed up as a M.S.B.A. member but when I went to the OTW striper cup site M.S.B.A. is not listed as a team there are only 4 teams listed. I am ready to catch some stripers, Bring it on

NIB
04-24-2006, 08:49 PM
NIB, what are you worried about weighing them in for anayway? IF you weigh any in, it most likely will be near the canal or in RI anyway:pop:

I still have lots of questions about this tourney.

In NJ we tro back 35 lbers.

NIB
04-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Very few years. Hi Nibby!!!!hahahahahahahaha, you got to have some big fish in Joisey now don't ya? Just pullin' yer chain ya know could not resist!:bl: :spin: :hf1:

Always here for ur entertainment.:D