View Full Version : Presidential Words Of Wisdom!

BigFish
04-24-2006, 09:32 AM
President Bush was quoted this morning as saying that there is not much the Government can do about the increase in gasoline.:huh: However he did offer these words of wisdom......."If you don't need gasoline.....don't buy any!":tm:

Wow!:wall: Too bad we can't keep him in office for another 4 years......is this guy for real?:jump1:

ScottC
04-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Oh, so next time I go to the station I should avoid pumping it into the trash can like I normally do?

I will hold him, you kick him in the beans.

BigFish
04-24-2006, 10:24 AM
:biglaugh: :btu: :rotf2: :rotf2: :jester: :laugha: Picture me wiping tears from my eyes as I laugh so hard I am crying!:bgi:

ScottC
04-24-2006, 10:29 AM
I guess that big group of smilies is a line forming behind you to kick him in the beans?:D

Nebe
04-24-2006, 10:42 AM
I like bush.

The Dad Fisherman
04-24-2006, 11:03 AM
I like bush.

I like No Bush...:hihi:

reelecstasy
04-24-2006, 11:06 AM
2nd

The Dad Fisherman
04-24-2006, 11:59 AM
"In this job you've got a lot on your plate on a regular basis; you don't have much time to sit around and wander, lonely, in the Oval Office, kind of asking different portraits, 'How do you think my standing will be?'" —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 16, 2005

"I'm going to spend a lot of time on Social Security. I enjoy it. I enjoy taking on the issue. I guess, it's the Mother in me." —George W. Bush, Washington D.C., April 14, 2005

"It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005

"I think younger workers — first of all, younger workers have been promised benefits the government — promises that have been promised, benefits that we can't keep. That's just the way it is." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 4, 2005

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." —George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

"I was going to say he's a piece of work, but that might not translate too well. Is that all right, if I call you a 'piece of work'?" —George W. Bush to Jean-Claude Juncker, prime minister of Luxembourg, Washington, D.C., June 20, 2005

"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brasilia, Brazil, Nov. 6, 2005

"I think we are welcomed. But it was not a peaceful welcome." —George W. Bush, defending Vice President #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney's pre-war assertion that the United States would be welcomed in Iraq as liberators, NBC Nightly News interview, Dec. 12, 2005

"In terms of timetables, as quickly as possible — whatever that means." —George W. Bush, on his time frame for shoring up Social Security, Washington D.C., March 16, 2005

"This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table." —George W. Bush, Brussels, Belgium, Feb. 22, 2005

"You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —George W. Bush, to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

"After all, Europe is America's closest ally." —George W. Bush, Mainz, Germany, Feb. 23, 2005

"Because he's hiding." —George W. Bush, responding to a reporter who asked why Osama bin Laden had not been caught, aboard Air Force One, Jan. 14, 2005

"Who could have possibly envisioned an erection — an election in Iraq at this point in history?" —George W. Bush, at the white House, Washington, D.C., Jan. 10, 2005

"We need to apply 21st-century information technology to the health care field. We need to have our medical records put on the I.T." —George W. Bush, Collinsville, Ill., Jan. 5, 2005

...And these are just a sampling.......of just 2005....there 6 years of this stuff out there

Nebe
04-24-2006, 01:03 PM

touche' :pop:

Raven
04-24-2006, 07:35 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/04/24/tongue.sight.ap/index.html

as freaky as bush is....he needs the eyes lookin out his butt

"uffah!!"
04-24-2006, 08:02 PM
This is how I feel:

tattoobob
04-24-2006, 09:43 PM
President Bush was quoted this morning as saying that there is not much the Government can do about the increase in gasoline.:huh: However he did offer these words of wisdom......."If you don't need gasoline.....don't buy any!":tm:

Wow!:wall: Too bad we can't keep him in office for another 4 years......is this guy for real?:jump1:

One reason for this statement is he is lining his pockets to.

Skip N
04-24-2006, 11:41 PM
One reason for this statement is he is lining his pockets to.

Please show me the facts and evidence that Bush is lining his pockets with money from the high gas prices. I await your response and look forward to the facts i'm sure you will present me....

Skitterpop
04-25-2006, 07:45 AM
Please show me the facts and evidence that Bush is lining his pockets with money from the high gas prices. I await your response and look forward to the facts i'm sure you will present me....

If you need TO SEE PROOF you won`t see it at this point in your time :usd:

spence
04-25-2006, 07:53 AM
To keep the Bush critique on the level, I don't believe there is any evidence he is personally benefiting from the current gas cruch.

That's not to say that the Administration isn't closer to the oil industry than any previous, and that given how tight their "old boys network" is... in the long run they won't benefit indirectly.

So let's focus on all the real morally and legally questionable behavior that's helped earn his 60% DISSAPROVAL RATING.

-spence

Skitterpop
04-25-2006, 08:07 AM
OK

I don`t have proof but I`m sure the family does profit. They still have huge ties to the industry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skip N
04-25-2006, 08:38 AM
OK

I don`t have proof but I`m sure the family does profit. They still have huge ties to the industry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Show me some facts to the oil ties? You really think in this day in age the Bush family could be profiting from the high gas prices and no one would find out?? The media would jump ALL over this if the Bush's were making profits from high gas prices. I dont understand how people can make these statements with ZERO facts to back them up. You cant just assume something is true because you want it to be. :huh: prove me wrong and show me the facts they are profiting.

I'm pissed about the high gas prices too. But Bush is not sitting in the White house trying to come up with more ideas to F over the American people and line his pockets frim high gas.

spence
04-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Show me some facts to the oil ties?
Skippy, you don't get out much do you?

-spence

Skip N
04-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Skippy, you don't get out much do you?

-spence

Your dodging the issue at hand. So what if the Bush family has had ties to oil in the past. Yes thats a known fact but so what. I'm making the point that they are not profiting from these high gas prices regardless of the oil ties. Show me the profits the Bush's are making off thier ties to oil with these current high gas prices? Thats all i want to know! But you guys cant show me any facts to back up your claims. Its becuase they are NOT profiting from the current high prices. If you can prove they are just show me the evidence, i'm sure the media would love that too!

spence
04-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Didn't I just say that there isn't any proof Bush and his 60% dissaproval rating are directly profiting from oil prices?

-spence

ScottC
04-25-2006, 09:15 AM
Ok here is your proof:
Bush owns stock in General Electric, BP, Duke Energy, ExxonMobil, Newmont Gold Mining Corporation, Pennzoil and Tom Brown, Inc.

When profits go up, stock value goes up. Last time I checked Exxon Mobil has seen record profits, effectively putting money DIRECTLY into Geroge Bush's pocket.

There, he has clearly profited, there is no doubt, it is simple economics. Why would someone be inclined to make himself lose money?

Bronko
04-25-2006, 09:23 AM
I would be imparting my conservative/libertarian/isolationist views into this current debate, but the upcoming fishing season as dulled my appetite for political banter.

I will be checking in from time to time on these political threads for the Spence V. Skip feuds. :kewl:

I think you two should fish together. :bl2:

spence
04-25-2006, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't characterize it as a "feud" really...perhaps more like the teacher lecturing his absent minded student.

-spence

Skip N
04-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Didn't I just say that there isn't any proof Bush and his 60% dissaproval rating are directly profiting from oil prices?

-spence

Yes you did, i got you confused with the other dude on here who claims he has no facts but he just knows Bush is lining his pockets from these high gas prices.

Seems we agree on this one....:tooth:

ScottC
04-25-2006, 09:46 AM
Yes you did, i got you confused with the other dude on here who claims he has no facts but he just knows Bush is lining his pockets from these high gas prices.

Seems we agree on this one....:tooth:

Sorry didn't mean to jump into a private feud, I didn't know if bush was lining his pockets either, but a quick google search entitled "bush stock holdings" reveals he own a substancial holding with major oil companies. This is proof he is benifits from oil profits, this point cannot be argued, but, is his integrity to the American people he serves stronger then the primal need for monetary gain? That is the real question.

Skip N
04-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Ok here is your proof:
Bush owns stock in General Electric, BP, Duke Energy, ExxonMobil, Newmont Gold Mining Corporation, Pennzoil and Tom Brown, Inc.

When profits go up, stock value goes up. Last time I checked Exxon Mobil has seen record profits, effectively putting money DIRECTLY into Geroge Bush's pocket.

There, he has clearly profited, there is no doubt, it is simple economics. Why would someone be inclined to make himself lose money?

So i guess what your saying is that any president or memeber of congress should not be aloud to hold publicly traded stocks of any kind? When people talk of Bush profiting from the gas prices they are not refering to his public stock ownership, I'm sure most members of congress own some oil stocks. What the anti Bush folks are trying to imply is that he his getting bribes and millions upon millions dirrectlly from the oil companies. Thats whats at issue, not what stocks bush owns.

Nice try though....

Skitterpop
04-25-2006, 09:49 AM
The Bush family has long been in the oil and related energy fields business.So it is not even a matter of debate. It is a fact.

ScottC
04-25-2006, 09:59 AM
So i guess what your saying is that any president or memeber of congress should not be aloud to hold publicly traded stocks of any kind? When people talk of Bush profiting from the gas prices they are not refering to his public stock ownership, I'm sure most members of congress own some oil stocks. What the anti Bush folks are trying to imply is that he his getting bribes and millions upon millions dirrectlly from the oil companies. Thats whats at issue, not what stocks bush owns.

Nice try though....

Yes, he and all other public figures should sell off all their holdings as it in no doubt will cloud thier judgment when it is time to hit themselves in the pocket. the same lawyer cannot represent both sides of a case due to conflict of interest, the same should apply here. We are not talking ALL public holdings, do not generalize the subject, it makes you look confused.

Bribes? He did recieve 2.8 billion in campaign funds from the energy industry. - Another ten second google fact.

Oh and I voted for him TWICE

NaCl H2O
04-25-2006, 10:11 AM
More Bush quotes. Sourced at boycottlibralisim.com. If you google the individual quotes they come up in various speaches he's made....

"Free people will set the course of history."

"Liberty is the right and hope of all humanity."

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people."

"Our greatest responsibility is the active defense of the American people."

"The best hope for peace in our world is the expansion of freedom in all the world."

"I believe the most solemn duty of the American president is to protect the American people."

"On September the eleventh, enemies of freedom committed an act of war against our country."

"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward, and freedom will be defended."

"Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them."

"We are serving in freedom's cause -- and that is the cause of all mankind."

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace"

"No act of the terrorists will change our purpose, or weaken our resolve, or alter their fate."

"The survival of liberty in our land increasingly depends on the success of liberty in other lands."

"By promoting liberty abroad, we will build a safer world. By encouraging liberty at home, we will build a more hopeful America."

"The story of America is the story of expanding liberty: an ever-widening circle, constantly growing to reach further and include more."

"I can hear you, the rest of the world can hear you and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

"Do I forget the lessons of September 11th and take the word of a madman, or do I take action to defend our country? Faced with that choice, I will defend America every time."

"The deliberate and deadly attacks which were carried out yesterday against our country were more than acts of terror. They were acts of war."

"With those attacks, the terrorists and their supporters declared war on the United States. And war is what they got."

"Great tragedy has come to us, and we are meeting it with the best that is in our country, with courage and concern for others because this is America. This is who we are."

"History has called America and our allies to action, and it is both our responsibility and our privilege to fight freedom's fight."

"I believe all these things because freedom is not America's gift to the world, it is the Almighty God's gift to every man and woman in this world."

"There is only one force of history that can break the reign of hatred and resentment and expose the pretensions of tyrants and reward the hopes of the decent and tolerant. And that is the force of human freedom."

"Any government that supports, protects or harbours terrorists is complicit in the murder of the innocent and equally guilty of terrorist crimes."

"So it is the policy of the United States to seek and support the growth of democratic movements and institutions in every nation and culture, with the ultimate goal of ending tyranny in our world."

"Far from being a hopeless dream, the advance of freedom is the great story of our time. In 1945, there were about two dozen lonely democracies on Earth. Today, there are 122."

Skitterpop
04-25-2006, 10:18 AM
or as I like to call it: Really F in Americans

spence
04-25-2006, 10:19 AM
Yea, it's amazing what Bush can say when he's delivering carefully scripted and well rehearsed lines :think:

Too bad it's all cast into the meaningless pit of bullshyte.

-spence

NaCl H2O
04-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Yea, it's amazing what Bush can say when he's delivering carefully scripted and well rehearsed lines :think:

Too bad it's all cast into the meaningless pit of bullshyte.

-spence
Scripted... yes. But there's nothing there that's inconsistent with his actions.

spence
04-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Scripted... yes. But there's nothing there that's inconsistent with his actions.
Well, quite a bit of it is inconsistant with his actions.

He talks with a broad brush about the intrinsic rights of all humans to be free, but in reality sells more and more of our Nation to strengthen Countries like Saudi Arabia and China which promote the very values we oppose.

He gives lip service to liberty and the rule of law, yet shows no regard for Internation accords we're party to...or by many accounts even our own Constitution.

Does a Nation seeking to spread freedom detain people in foreign countries and hold them in secret indefinately?

I'd be more concerned with what Bush does, not what Bush says.

You see, he's got a bit of a credibility problem.

-spence

bobfishgerald
04-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Your dodging the issue at hand. So what if the Bush family has had ties to oil in the past. Yes thats a known fact but so what. I'm making the point that they are not profiting from these high gas prices regardless of the oil ties. Show me the profits the Bush's are making off thier ties to oil with these current high gas prices? Thats all i want to know! But you guys cant show me any facts to back up your claims. Its becuase they are NOT profiting from the current high prices. If you can prove they are just show me the evidence, i'm sure the media would love that too!

I am not sure if the linked article would serve as the kind of proof you are looking for in regards the families profitable realationship with the oil industry. There is quite a bit of information out there on the subject for those who are interested.

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/10/26/State/Political_allies_mana.shtml

stripersnipr
04-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Ok here is your proof:

Do you have a 401k? If so it is highly likely that you too are profiting from high oil prices.

ScottC
04-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Do you have a 401k? If so it is highly likely that you too are profiting from high oil prices.

I do nt have a 401k I own my onw business and do not need one.
It doesn't matter anyway, if you understood the piont, you would realize that owning oil stocks is not a bad thing....unless your running the vcountry that is getting screwed my them and you are responsable for protecting our interests. How can someone make a desision that could seriously hurt the price of the stocks he personally owns, and he own millions of dollars worth form the the harken days. He have 600,000 shares that have split and grown a few times.

stripersnipr
04-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Bushs statement that "if you dont need gas dont buy it" may have more substance then it may appear. Think about it. How many gallons do you have sitting in your driveway at any point in time? Multiply those gallons by however many millions of cars parked at peoples homes and work. Safe to say it is hundreds of millions or gaziilions or whatever gallons. What if you kept your tank near empty instead of near full and only bought gas on an as needed basis? If we all did that where would all that gas be instead of in our driveways? Back at the gas station or next step still at the refinery. If this is supply and demand driven as we are told this maybe an effective way to balance that supply and demand in our favor. This might be flawed logic but I'll let you guys decide.

Skitterpop
04-25-2006, 07:27 PM
The power of reasoning amazes me often :hihi:

A full tank of gas provides better fuel economy I was told many years ago.

What if it was a food shortage? Would it be ok for Bush to say don`t buy it if you don`t need it? Oh wait.... we do have many homeless and and people living in abject poverty now in America who are faced with daily starvation.

redneck24
04-25-2006, 07:40 PM
:yak4:

ScottC
04-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Bushs statement that "if you dont need gas dont buy it" may have more substance then it may appear. Think about it. How many gallons do you have sitting in your driveway at any point in time? Multiply those gallons by however many millions of cars parked at peoples homes and work. Safe to say it is hundreds of millions or gaziilions or whatever gallons. What if you kept your tank near empty instead of near full and only bought gas on an as needed basis? If we all did that where would all that gas be instead of in our driveways? Back at the gas station or next step still at the refinery. If this is supply and demand driven as we are told this maybe an effective way to balance that supply and demand in our favor. This might be flawed logic but I'll let you guys decide.

So by your reasoning we should by gas by the gallon? Sure, so we have to make more trips to the gas station...a place none of us go unless we have to, by doing this we are WASTING gas by having to refill more oftern. You asked is your logic flawed? Yes it is. Not to mention the impact you have on your engine when running it near empty. Your gas tank has sedimentary impurities in it. By running on the ragged edge you will clog your filters, and injectors. I do not know how many of you know about EFI, but my other hobby is high horsepower Mustangs, and I mean 1,000RWHP turbo street and drag cars. THis is somthing I know quite a bit about. an EFI high pressure fuel system needs atleat a 1/8 tank to insure you do not run lean and have detonation problems. Bushes comment it the stupidest thing I have ever heard, he is truly a moron and I regret voting for him.

ANd no detonation does not mean what you think it is, Detonation sounds like marbles jingling around in your heads. Some call it pinging.

Skitterpop
04-25-2006, 07:54 PM
:yak4:

Do tell....please go on. I`m mesmerized with your power of conversation :love:

Hows it going RN? Working again?

stripersnipr
04-26-2006, 07:48 AM
So by your reasoning we should by gas by the gallon? Sure, so we have to make more trips to the gas station...a place none of us go unless we have to, by doing this we are WASTING gas by having to refill more oftern. You asked is your logic flawed? Yes it is. Not to mention the impact you have on your engine when running it near empty. Your gas tank has sedimentary impurities in it. By running on the ragged edge you will clog your filters, and injectors. I do not know how many of you know about EFI, but my other hobby is high horsepower Mustangs, and I mean 1,000RWHP turbo street and drag cars. THis is somthing I know quite a bit about. an EFI high pressure fuel system needs atleat a 1/8 tank to insure you do not run lean and have detonation problems. Bushes comment it the stupidest thing I have ever heard, he is truly a moron and I regret voting for him.

ANd no detonation does not mean what you think it is, Detonation sounds like marbles jingling around in your heads. Some call it pinging.
My logic may be flawed but not by the points you have shown. I never mentioned buying gas by "the gallon". I simply stated that it probably doesn't make sense to have full tanks of gas sitting in your driveway. Driving with a quarter of a tank is NOT running it near empty. For every additional one hundred pounds of weight in your vehicle you reduce your fuel mileage by approximately one percent. A gallon of gas weighs about 8.66 pounds. The difference in weight between a quarter of tank and a full tank is somewhere around 91 lbs on avg thus increasing fuel economy by .91 %. Might not be much on an individual basis but overall it is a huge number of gallons nation wide. More trips to the gas station? Yep. Does it add any additional mileage? Nope. How many gas stations do you drive by everyday? Therefore you are not wasting gas on additional trips to a gas station (unless you are a moron who is going to make special trips just to buy gas). Bottom line, sitting back and demanding low gas prices while trying to blame a single individual on high gas prices and refusing to change your driving habits is flawed logic. The one truly effective method we have of controlling gas prices is changing our driving and purchasing habits. The increased mileage economy of driving with less gas / weight in your vehicle coupled with the transfer of supply from your driveway to gas station and refineries seems to be a more effective strategy than stomping around chanting "Bush sucks".

spence
04-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Driving with a quarter of a tank is NOT running it near empty.
It's relative. For someone who doesn't drive that often it may not be an issue but anyone who commutes or drives a lot for business 1/4 of a tank can be suicide when the traffic is jammed.
The increased mileage economy of driving with less gas / weight in your vehicle coupled with the transfer of supply from your driveway to gas station and refineries seems to be a more effective strategy than stomping around chanting "Bush sucks".
Sure there's a lot the individual can do, and I for one try to do what I can to minimize my personal footprint.

But on 9/11 everything was to supposed to have "changed"...and we all know the intrinsic relationship between Energy Dependence and National Security.

If radical measures are justified to preserve one, the People do have the right to demand change from our leadership on the other.

-spence

NaCl H2O
04-26-2006, 08:26 AM
I'd be more concerned with what Bush does, not what Bush says.

You see, he's got a bit of a credibility problem.

-spenceWith whom... CBS news et al, or high school teachers and college professors?

ScottC
04-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Sorry but you still haven't made any sense, you might as well do the "buy only on certain days" method. If you really think that eliminating 90 pounds and making more frequent stops at the gas station is helping in any way you really have no concept of EFI fuel consumption. Do you turn your engine off when you fill up? Your supposed to, and guess what, your EFI has an enrichment starting sequence that will burn more fuel starting up then driving 2 miles, this is why you shouldn't turn of your car unless you plan on keeping it off . You didn't know that did you? In order to have this conversation, you have to have a measurable knowledge of how EFI systems burn fuel.
By filling up your tank and only driveing when nesessary, you will also avoid the sudden spikes in fuel cost, by visiting the gas station more frequently, you allow them to still trickle their product out on the market at the highest rate. THink of how many times it has spiked and dropped, by your logic, people will have to buy at the high end at some point due to running out during the height of the spike.

Driving around with the bare minimum in your tank is just not at all a good idea, if you cannot see that by what I have laid out then I cannot not explain it any simpler. Good luck

spence
04-26-2006, 08:36 AM
With whom... CBS news et al, or high school teachers and college professors?
60% of the US Population.

-spence

Raven
04-26-2006, 08:37 AM
hello oil companies..........

yeah...... this is president bush calling....

no ! this is really me ......you freakin idiot...

ya know all that pollution you were told not to make by the E. P. A.

well its ok now.....go ahead and make it again :p

i'll tell the EPA to back off.... okie dokie

okay ......talk to ya later byeeeeee :wave:

NaCl H2O
04-26-2006, 08:53 AM
Bushs statement that "if you dont need gas dont buy it" may have more substance then it may appear.

Odds are it's another gaffe. "If you don't need to consume gas then don't," or "don't drive if you don't need to" would have made a lot more sense.

stripersnipr
04-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Sorry but you still haven't made any sense, you might as well do the "buy only on certain days" method. If you really think that eliminating 90 pounds and making more frequent stops at the gas station is helping in any way you really have no concept of EFI fuel consumption. Do you turn your engine off when you fill up? Your supposed to, and guess what, your EFI has an enrichment starting sequence that will burn more fuel starting up then driving 2 miles, this is why you shouldn't turn of your car unless you plan on keeping it off . You didn't know that did you? In order to have this conversation, you have to have a measurable knowledge of how EFI systems burn fuel.
By filling up your tank and only driveing when nesessary, you will also avoid the sudden spikes in fuel cost, by visiting the gas station more frequently, you allow them to still trickle their product out on the market at the highest rate. THink of how many times it has spiked and dropped, by your logic, people will have to buy at the high end at some point due to running out during the height of the spike.

Driving around with the bare minimum in your tank is just not at all a good idea, if you cannot see that by what I have laid out then I cannot not explain it any simpler. Good luck

Okay Scott than you tell us what we the undecuated in EFI should do to reduce fuel consumption and transfer the supply back to the suppliers because until there is a shift in supply and demand there will be no gas price reduction short of government intervention in a free trade market. In order to have this conversation, you have to have a measurable knowledge of how supply and demand effects commodity pricing.

spence
04-26-2006, 09:46 AM
I say we federalize the entire oil industry, with an elected board and 1 year term limits.

Gas will be free, but you pay a tax on the number of miles you drive measured relative to the efficiency of your vehicle.

People will finally buy smaller cars and drive less, because they hate to pay taxes :)

-spence

ScottC
04-26-2006, 09:51 AM
And I do, seeing I have a business degree Supply and demand effects and stipulations was first year;), and I did not refer to anyone else but you, so useing "we" to gain some sort of support is foolish.

An independent Governing body free from lobbiest with no personal interests in the energy industry needs to be formed to regulate pricing. We need to stop letting private corporations control natural resources. This is not a supply and demand issue, there is no problem with supply. This is a price gouging issue resulting from a monopoly that has taken control of the energy industry. When you allow a corporation to take control of a comodity that is as important as oil, you give them more control then the goverment themselves.

Just you thinking that this is a supply and demand issue proves you really don't understang what is happening. I am done explainig away your moot points as I do not feel you really want answers, you just want to some how justify our President's manuvers.

Good day.

spence
04-26-2006, 09:56 AM
Supply and demand certainly plays a big part.

It's just that the oil industry has complete control over short-term supply :)

-spence

Surfcastinglife
04-26-2006, 09:58 AM
what about all those ppl who don't pay taxes? are you gonna fill up their tanks for them :D

ScottC
04-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Supply and demand certainly plays a big part.

It's just that the oil industry has complete control over short-term supply :)

-spence

They are fixeing the supply, and intentionally creating a situation that allows them to raise prices. A true supply and demand scenario is where the supply is actually limited by uncontrollable circumstances, this is not the the case here.

stripersnipr
04-26-2006, 10:54 AM
And I do, seeing I have a business degree Supply and demand effects and stipulations was first year;), and I did not refer to anyone else but you, so useing "we" to gain some sort of support is foolish.

An independent Governing body free from lobbiest with no personal interests in the energy industry needs to be formed to regulate pricing. We need to stop letting private corporations control natural resources. This is not a supply and demand issue, there is no problem with supply. This is a price gouging issue resulting from a monopoly that has taken control of the energy industry. When you allow a corporation to take control of a comodity that is as important as oil, you give them more control then the goverment themselves.

Just you thinking that this is a supply and demand issue proves you really don't understang what is happening. I am done explainig away your moot points as I do not feel you really want answers, you just want to some how justify our President's manuvers.

Good day.

I dont need to use the term "we" to gain support because the vast majority of us undersatnd that we must make certain changes in practice and behavior to help reduce fuel consumption. I used the term "we" because a great many of us fall into your condescending referal to "no measurable understanding of how EFI works". I greatly admire your knowledge on the subject. Your refusal to acknowledge the effects of supply and demand in this situation isnt even worthy of a rebuttal. Go ahead and sit back and let the government fix it all for you. I wouldn't suggest holding your breath while you wait. I on the other hand choose to do something that will effect the situation for the positive. And I'm not trying to justify anything to do with the Presidents actions in this situation. I also dont hold solely him accountable for fuel prices. It seems your hatred for the man is clouding your judgement.

spence
04-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Your refusal to acknowledge the effects of supply and demand in this situation isnt even worthy of a rebuttal. Go ahead and sit back and let the government fix it all for you.
Well, given that he's saying the "supply and demand" formula is being manipulated illegally, it is indeed the responsibility of the Government to address the problem!

-spence

ScottC
04-26-2006, 11:12 AM
I dont need to use the term "we" to gain support because the vast majority of us undersatnd that we must make certain changes in practice and behavior to help reduce fuel consumption. I used the term "we" because a great many of us fall into your condescending referal to "no measurable understanding of how EFI works". I greatly admire your knowledge on the subject. Your refusal to acknowledge the effects of supply and demand in this situation isnt even worthy of a rebuttal. Go ahead and sit back and let the government fix it all for you. I wouldn't suggest holding your breath while you wait. I on the other hand choose to do something that will effect the situation for the positive. And I'm not trying to justify anything to do with the Presidents actions in this situation. I also dont hold solely him accountable for fuel prices. It seems your hatred for the man is clouding your judgement.

You keep on saying "us" and "we" I am talking directly to "you".
And you obvously cannot understand that I said "you" fall in the catergory you're so willing to pull other members in to. I never said I hold him accountable, I said he should have no say on how it is regulated, this is absolutly clear in all my posts, you cannot seem to fathom the basic points I am making, it is not I whos judgment is clouded. I have stated nothing but facts, you sir, have stated nothing but "what if's" If find is humorous that you would rather not fill up your tank, then push our government (who's job it actually it by the way) to fix our energy problem hahaha. Sorry for laughing at you but c'mon, will you stop at nothing to win an argument?

You have no rebuttle on the supply and demand issue worthy of typing, this is obvious.

I am sorry for getting into this argument, I am done in this one, you can only beat a dead horse so much. I have not been a member here long enough to be getting into it with a long time member, so I will gracefully bow out.

And actually, I do agree that is we could some how boycott fuel on some level it would have tremendous impacts on pricing, but to get our whole country on the same page would be a lot harder then demanding accountability from our government.

ScottC
04-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Well, given that he's saying the "supply and demand" formula is being manipulated illegally, it is indeed the responsibility of the Government to address the problem!

-spence

So someone is actually reading what I posted! Thanks spence. You are close to me, we should fish the railroad bridge sometime.:ss:

stripersnipr
04-26-2006, 11:15 AM

-spence

Perhaps there is illegality involved perhaps not. I am refering to the ability of people like us to also leverage the issue. There is no denying that our purchasing habits will have just as much effect if not more than Government intervention.

ScottC
04-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Perhaps there is illegality involved perhaps not. I am refering to the ability of people like us to also leverage the issue. There is no denying that our purchasing habits will have just as much effect if not more than Government intervention.

I agree here totally, but our problem, that even you can't deny, is that we have no alternative viable fuel source except for E85 and right now it is not being produced on a largeenough scale to be a viable option. Sooner or later you will burn the same amount of fuel, whether you buy it today or tomorrow, but, if you can buy in bulk when the price drops, youc an avoid putting profits in their pockets when they spike.

I don;t want to argue with you anymore, I feel I have been a little too rude, and I appologize. Lets try to steer this back to a conversation instead of an argument.

JohnR
04-26-2006, 01:09 PM
When warm, my truck goes closed loop 15-20 seconds after restarting :hee: