View Full Version : wiring question

OnTheLedge
04-27-2006, 10:35 AM
I just switched from using galvanized wire for through wiring to using stainless. I find the stainless to be much stiffer and difficult to work with. I've been putting the nose loop in a vise and wrapping the tail wire by hand around a screw driver. It comes out kind of sloppy, too many wraps and sometimes it's not tight and I have to do it over. What's the trick for getting a nice loop and tight wraps on the tail? Thanks.

spence
04-27-2006, 10:50 AM
What's the trick for getting a nice loop and tight wraps on the tail?
Practice :think:

Put the screwdriver in the vise so you can pull the wire tight as you wrap the loop. I'm sure there's a thread on this in detail...try searching the old plugbuilding threads.

-spence

MAC
04-27-2006, 10:52 AM
StriperTalk Message Boards > Main Forum > Plug Building - Got Wood? > How To and Favorite Plug Forum Guides
tail wrap

MAC
04-27-2006, 10:53 AM
oops, that didn't work..... Do a search under tail wraps. I dod a step by step that will help you.

OnTheLedge
04-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Found the thread. Thanks MAC. Getting one of those round nose pliers will help. I start with a 45 deg. angle, but it's hard to keep it while wrapping.

NIB
04-27-2006, 08:54 PM
If u have a vise.make the tail loop go around one time.Take a allen wrench set it in the vise with the short side sticking out and up.Place the loop one the wrench.Pull the plug to make it snug.I like to use a pair of vise grips on the wire.Wrap the wire with the vise grips around the loop working towards the but of the plug make the wraps tight as u get closer it will tighten itself.as the space narrows down towards the back of he plug.one wrap around the base after u run out of room an snip it off.U