View Full Version : Narrgansett for 1st time

Hooper
05-01-2006, 05:43 AM
To all the Rhody guys

My wife and I were in Narragansett yesterday for a road race. It was the first time either of us had been there and we were so impressed! What a beautiful area that is. We plan on spending some more time down there soon, it seemed like a great place to spend a weekend.

We we at a place I think called South County beach? Maybe I'm wrong, but there were buildings right on the water and plenty of parking. What a spot! On the drive home we both kept saying what a beautiful place that was.

So where does the tourist stay and what should we see when we spend a weekend in that area???

RIROCKHOUND
05-01-2006, 05:46 AM
Don't know your budget but you were running by Narragansett Town Beach I think; I saw road race signs driving up 1A to go to work...
If so try Village in in 'gansett... nice but $$

Clammer
05-01-2006, 06:03 AM
Hooper ya should have called me sooooooooooooooo I could have met ya wife :wavey:

Hooper
05-01-2006, 05:52 PM
I was wishin' I had my surf rod with me, it looked like there would be hungry bass swimmin' by some of those rocks!

Nebe
05-01-2006, 06:12 PM
I was wishin' I had my surf rod with me, it looked like there would be hungry bass swimmin' by some of those rocks!

there are never bass along those rocks..... never :angel:

tattoobob
05-01-2006, 09:10 PM
there are never bass along those rocks..... never :angel:

you are so in denial :pop: :beat:

MakoMike
05-02-2006, 06:53 AM
From the description it sounds like the race started at Scarboro beach. There are a number of places to stay in the general area, but during the summer they are all expensive, its just a question of which is more expensive.

riarcher
05-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Weekends in the summer gets pretty nasty. Parking, eateries, lodgings, all expensive and crowded.
Some places just a few miles from the water are usually somewhat cheaper and easier. From the July 4th weekend on,,, being sure to have a confirmed reservation is a very good idea.

Hooper
05-03-2006, 05:38 AM
Sounds like Cape Cod! I'm used to it!