View Full Version : EBAY GRUMPAGE!!

Jenn
05-01-2006, 04:47 PM
...I know "what a shock" right?

Well I am not naming names but lets just say someones buys a piece of power equipment and the description says "runs great, real powerhouse".....also states buy "as is-no returns".
well lets just say someone fell for it. Picked up the item and got it home to find that yes it does "run" but thats about it. It does not perform the funtion it it intended to do.:mad: Sure enough getting the run around from seller.

Does a buyer have ANY options (other than taking it in the ---) when it comes to VERY misleading information from the seller in a "no returns" situation?

thefishingfreak
05-01-2006, 05:00 PM
yes.. look up help on ebay. "item not as listed"
paypal will help you out too.
good luck

Mike P
05-02-2006, 07:50 AM
I have a couple of general eBay rules.

I never buy from a seller with zero feedback.

If I'm bidding more than say, a hundred bucks, I don't bid on items from sellers with less than, say, 50 eBay transactions.

I always read at least two pages of feedback. Or two months worth for a very active seller. If I see negative feedback, I also look up the person who left it to see what their feedback is. Anyone can get negative feedback after dealing with one lunatic. More than two negatives in a month, I tend to avoid that seller.

Look at the questions people ask the seller. If the seller can't answer a simple question about his item, or the answers seem evasive, walk away.

Avoid sellers who refuse to take Paypal or credit cards. Scammers usually prefer money orders, or wire transfers directly to their account.

riarcher
05-02-2006, 12:53 PM
I feel I've had pretty good luck with ebay except for 1 time on a printer for this PC.
Bit of bickering,,,, Now the people are barred and not allowed to sell/buy. (at least not under that name)
All-in-all, really do need to watch your backside. (Just like Wally World)

tattoobob
05-02-2006, 03:03 PM
I bought a truck off EBAY for my son $650.00 plus picking it up in maine, a tow dolly. It was a total piece of crapp that never ran I ended up giving it away to a kid for $100.00 I do what Mike P does now. I also wiat till the last second and sneak a bid in.

Jenn
05-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Thanks guys.....well I have a good update believe it or not. After multiple phone calls we finally heard what we needed to hear......we will get our $$$$ back. I really didnt want it to turn ugly.

Should have known better I know. Checked feed back....was good....also it was a business selling an item...but ha d we known the nature of the business before hand we would have bailed....oh well have to take the four hour round trip again on saturday to return it but for some reason it doesnt bother me knowing we are getting the $$$ back.

Live and learn......

Squid kids Dad
05-02-2006, 05:40 PM
A lesson learned for all of of us Jenn..Thanks

Vermonter
05-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Ive never had problems on ebay. Like others, I waited and bid late, and have always been diligent about checking feedback but I get the feeling Im getting the run around on my latest ebay purchase. Guy emailed me for the first time today(won the item 2weeks ago and sent payment 4 days later) to say he had just received my payment and that he would be shipping it out today, this for a letter I could have driven there in 2 1/2 hours. I email back to say that I assume he was on vacation and that since I had added 3.00 for insurance(new Lami 1322 rod) that I would be looking forward to him sending me my tracking number this evening. Got an email an hour ago from him now claiming that I had made the money order out wrong, so I email him back after copying the original invoice payment details where it says his name and not his company number(which is only his last name followed by "sales"). I add also that any bank which is familiar with him will deposit that to his account. No word since. Havent got a good feeling about this one.

Thanks guys.....well I have a good update believe it or not. After multiple phone calls we finally heard what we needed to hear......we will get our $$$$ back. I really didnt want it to turn ugly.

Should have known better I know. Checked feed back....was good....also it was a business selling an item...but ha d we known the nature of the business before hand we would have bailed....oh well have to take the four hour round trip again on saturday to return it but for some reason it doesnt bother me knowing we are getting the $$$ back.

Live and learn......