View Full Version : Jig tying...before its too late....

bloocrab
04-24-2002, 10:37 PM
OOOOOPS!!....its too late already, but I'll still inquire.

...Lookin for a bargain. Just poured some jigs, lookin to tie them...where can I find some inexpensive "tail"....whether its real or not...(synthetic is ok) doesn't matter to me....I can wiggle it right ;)....I was gonna save this thread for the winter doldrums...but I'm in a bind, and lookin for a quick fix!!!.....

...anyone out there got a quick solution for me? and maybe some tips on how they tie em' ???..I'm sure we all do them a little different...:)

....If I could have stayed longer at Slip's Plug party...I probably wouldn't have this dilema...but duty called, and I missed out on some shortcuts...:(

Saltheart
04-25-2002, 01:40 PM
Bloo... Smokey and I used all our bucktails , right to the last one. We won't be getting any more regular bucktails for a while. We might get some black ones but expect to pay through the nose for them.

I don't know where you can get a bargain now. I heard that bucktails are scarce do to a smaller than usual deer kill in Canada this year? Most places I've seen are selling bucktails in the $3.50 to $4.50 range. Sometimes at the Worcester Show (already gone by) , Cote's Fly Shop sells them for $2.50.

Anyway , If we had some we'd sell you some but we are out.

I can't help you with a bargain but TimS sells bucktails. He sells both regular and "Saltwater". The Saltwater ones have been selected cause they have very long hair. I have bought them before and they are nice , not cheap though.

Got Stripers
04-25-2002, 02:19 PM
Noticed FW/BC had a box of bucktails at last nights MSBA How to Night, so I know she still has some. I'm sure she will make you a good deal on what you need, so I'd suggest you pm her.

bloocrab
04-25-2002, 02:36 PM
..Thank you gentlemen.....:)

....PM, on the way........;)

StarsnStripers
10-20-2002, 06:18 PM
how do u pour jigs? how do you melt lead??:confused:

StarsnStripers
10-21-2002, 10:15 PM
Don't pay attention to my last post, I found the answer, lol:p

Justfishin'
10-22-2002, 04:52 AM
..send me a pm with your needs and I'll point you in the right direction.

bloocrab
10-22-2002, 06:36 AM
...thank you once again Fisherwoman ;)

...and thanx for the tip GotStripers :)