View Full Version : Don't you hate when this happens!!!

hulkyj61
05-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Weel, I'm up at my place in Maine and decide to test my luck and throw a line in. I go to the breakwater in Kennebunkport and throw a popper out about 10 times when I decide to change lures. I pulled out a georgous Tattoo mackral that I got at the RI show. I swing the line back, cast foreword and SNAP!!! My shirt cought the reel as a came foreword and the lure flies 20 feet out into the Atlantic, on the first cast. I was devestated, it was such a nice lure. If it had been summer i would have jumped in, but the water was around 48 degrees. After that I fished for another hour till the sun set and it got cold and went home empty handed.

shadow
05-07-2006, 06:05 PM
had it happen once to a brand new beachmaster danny it was very quiet for a few secends,then ....F@#&,motherF@#&er,Danm it!

tattoobob
05-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Yes I do, and it happens a couple times a year

Backbeach Jake
05-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Yes I do, and it happens a couple times a year
Ditto:lossinit: in 20 seconds

BigFish
05-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Swim for it!:uhuh:

Finaddict
05-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah, that really stinks ... and know how you feel.

A number of years ago, while fishing down in So Co I had what I believed to be an old Atoms 40 that I bought at a yard sale -- excellent shape but no box :bl: -- it caught so many fish for me that I couldn't not use it. The line somehow snagged when I cast, the lure snapped off and shot out like a ballistic missle, sailing further than I could ever imagine casting. I had another rod right next to me but fell a few feet short on every cast. The lure finally bobbed into the current and disappeared. :bc:

I just hope that who ever wound up finding it has used it with the same success that I did and held it in the same reverence. The question may arise, why'd you ever use it in the first place? ... because it caught a heck of a lot of fish and it does not have a lot of value to me if it is on a shelf ....

afterhours
05-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Swim for it!:uhuh:
bigfishzilla at the race...

bluzjamer
05-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Never happens to me I have PLUG insurance!!!!hehehehehe

keeperreaper
05-08-2006, 08:55 AM
that happened Saturday to me. Except I think the quote was "Oh you little motherfu#ker. Fu#k You. I hope you get eaten by a god damn bluefish. Needless to say I was not happy.

zimmy
05-08-2006, 11:35 AM
I did it last year on consecutive casts. Had a bad spool of mono that I used for leaders about a year earlier. Needed leader material and all the shops were closed. Only place open was sprawlmart. Stuff was crap. Broke some jigs off and stopped using em. A year later I grab these leaders out of a box not remembering that they were there so I could cut off the hardware and reuse it. First cast, tattoo popper. Second cast Gibbs pencil. Then I realized what the heck I had done. Ef walmart and their crappy mono. Ef me for being stupid too.

gone fishin
05-08-2006, 08:54 PM
I hear that Bigfish will even swim for his plug in the race rip.:musc:

stuck in ohio
05-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Does the water ever get much above 48 in Maine?

Pete F.
05-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Not Downeast, but in Southern Maine it's there now.
http://www.gomoos.org/oceanconditions/datamap.shtml?map_id=ocean&A=SEA_WATER_TEMPERATURE&submit=submit&B=SIGNIFICANT_HEIGHT_OF_WIND_AND_SWELL_WAVES

Slipknot
05-09-2006, 08:26 AM
yes, I hate when that happens
I am a lousy fisherman, I lose more plugs than I do jigs in the canal :(

SolOmoN
05-09-2006, 08:26 AM
I know of a family in Portugal that deal in slightly weathered plugs... do you want the #?

sol...

libassboy
05-09-2006, 08:44 AM
My first trip out this year i snapped off a special pogy surf howdy.....it was very depressing...