View Full Version : Any Shirt Silkscreeners - Graphics people here?

JohnR
05-20-2006, 09:19 AM
I have a S-B TShirt project in the works that I have a lot of time invested into but I am banging my head against the wall at this point with it as I am exceeding my skills in the design phase :wall: :wall: :sick: . So I am asking for help. Do any of you do this kind of graphics for silkscreening? And do any of you silkscreen shirts? Or both :musc: ?

I have most of the work done, just not skilled at the final tweaks...

Thanks!

John

basswipe
05-20-2006, 09:31 AM
How about trying a local high school?And it would probably cost you nothing.

I remember doing silk screening in print shop at PHS.

JohnR
05-20-2006, 09:35 AM
How about trying a local high school?And it would probably cost you nothing.

I remember doing silk screening in print shop at PHS.

That's an interesting thought seeing that I work for a school system :crying: but they are also less than a month from graduation... BTW - congrats on your 2000th post

hulkyj61
05-20-2006, 10:01 AM
I was in a graphic design class and we'd have people come in with projects all the time. Just offer up a $25 gas card or somting for the best one and you'll get some great results. I won a few of the contests this year, got a sweatshirt, gift card, and a nice plaque from the town. I'd suggest you do that or see if one of the community colleges can do somtin with their summer classes. Just make sure you give an incentive for there to be great work, also watch out for copyright stuff with the kids takin stuff off the net.

Redsoxticket
05-20-2006, 10:36 AM
I had a t-shirt that showed a pigeon (man size) dressed in a 3 piece suit sitting on a bench with little naked people feeding on the seeds on the ground.

Well how about a striped bass dressed in waders with korkers, aquaskinz bags, vs reel, plugs, etc. Probably get sponsorship for advertising. The striped bass can be standing in the surf or on a rock with rod bent with naked bodies (person) breaking the surface and a few people keepers on the side of the rocks.

JohnR
05-20-2006, 11:02 AM
I already have 90% of the artwork done - it is pretty comprehensive. I just need to get it to the next level...

Clammer
05-20-2006, 11:10 AM
The guy I use is 1.5 miles from you house & Micelle can finish any artwork

afterhours
05-20-2006, 04:45 PM
The guy I use is 1.5 miles from you house & Micelle can finish any artwork
express?

B-assman
05-20-2006, 04:53 PM
John - email me the art you've got so far. We do SS here (on other items - not shirts) and i do art all day long..... sure I can get it in shape for you. If possible - leave it in whatever native format it's in (e.g. do not convert to jpeg - Adobe illustrator is preferred, Corel draw, photoshop or EPS is fine). Also if possible - please convert any fonts to outlines before sending).

Dave

RickBomba
05-20-2006, 09:56 PM
John,
If you want, try East Coast Screen Printers in Providence.
We use them (at least I do) for most of the Bugaboo shirts that the cooks wear.
Great prices and turnaround time.
Get me what you've done and I can get it to them.
You want 1000 shirts in three days??? They can do it!
I love them
Later,
Rick

Redsoxticket
09-11-2006, 10:35 PM
bump
:huh:

UserRemoved1
09-12-2006, 04:57 AM
DOUBLE EXTRA FATSO bossman :humpty:

Joe
09-12-2006, 06:46 AM
What's your budget?
I have an excellent graphics person - she's done my stickers and t-shirts but she does not turn on the computer for under $100....

Raven
09-12-2006, 07:01 AM
you or anyone can buy the transfer paper to do iron ons...

and that way you can send it via an email as an attachment

or you can farm it out to a print shop to make multiple copies
on the transfer paper... so then you don't have to buy a huge amount of t-shirts.

of course if your trying to make a profit to raise money for the site then
this isn't the way to go...

fishaholic18
09-12-2006, 07:17 AM
XL 4 me:uhoh:

Skitterpop
09-12-2006, 07:17 AM
I had a t-shirt that showed a pigeon (man size) dressed in a 3 piece suit sitting on a bench with little naked people feeding on the seeds on the ground.

Well how about a striped bass dressed in waders with korkers, aquaskinz bags, vs reel, plugs, etc. Probably get sponsorship for advertising. The striped bass can be standing in the surf or on a rock with rod bent with naked bodies (person) breaking the surface and a few people keepers on the side of the rocks.

:smokin:

nightfighter
09-12-2006, 01:21 PM
GAME OVER

reelecstasy
09-12-2006, 01:46 PM
ahem...2XL :hidin:

piemma
09-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Jeff Spencer has a degree in Graphic arts or something along those lines. he will be able to do it for nothing as his payment has been made in the form of all the plugs he stole from me last year.

spence
09-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Paulie, those plugs don't swim :hs:

I took the hooks off and use them as casting weights :jump1:

However I can help...

-spence

american spirit
09-12-2006, 03:17 PM
www.zazzle.com

not sure if that is what you want. you can basically drag images onto a virtual t shirt and the company with screenprint you one.

I have a S-B TShirt project in the works that I have a lot of time invested into but I am banging my head against the wall at this point with it as I am exceeding my skills in the design phase :wall: :wall: :sick: . So I am asking for help. Do any of you do this kind of graphics for silkscreening? And do any of you silkscreen shirts? Or both :musc: ?

I have most of the work done, just not skilled at the final tweaks...

Thanks!

John

MotoXcowboy
09-12-2006, 04:08 PM
I would be willing to finish up for you (the graphic design part) for free. I know a guy that does the silk screening I believe his rates are $20 a template (average) depending on the design and a little more for the t-shirt labor. I will call my buddy tonight and get as many details as possible. PM me if you would like..

Skip N
09-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Whats the design gonna look like? I want a sneak peek!

I hope it's of the official SB.com logo, that bass in front of the American flag. That's perfect!

That's what it needs to be.