View Full Version : Waders for kids??

JohnR
05-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Where do you get waders for your kids? My son is 5 and I would like to get him a set to last 2 years ??

Skitterpop
05-20-2006, 02:57 PM
This might work for you and your son:

http://www.arkansasduckhunter.com/kidswaders.asp

Nebe
05-20-2006, 03:01 PM
I see lots of kids in cabela's waders down here.

JohnR
05-20-2006, 03:10 PM
I saw the kids type at Cabelas but also wanted to see if anything local...

Thanks

leptar
05-20-2006, 03:13 PM
I have been eye balling these (http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0025705830089a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=kids+waders&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=kids+waders&noImage=0) for my son, as i have seen these on a few kids.

Local, try a hunting shop they might have or might be able to get something to ya... Also check out building 19.

SAXATILUS
05-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Arkansas duck hunter is the only place I found with waders to fit my 5 yr old, he is 7 now and still wearing them. They are one heck of a well made pair of waders.

Skitterpop
05-20-2006, 04:14 PM
John,

Yeah take the chance of mailorder....many hunting waders are made heavy duty...more so then fishing waders in general.

Stewie
05-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Kittery trading post has them. I bought my son a pair, a month later he'd gone up two sizes. they fit my wife now, another reason she oughtta come with me:D

He wears the same size shoe as me now. I should get him some really nice boots now so's I can have them as handmedowns:rotf2:

Mr. Sandman
05-21-2006, 05:11 PM
I didn't get the boys waders till they were 10. I let them wear rainpants with boots when we went surf casting. It kept them warm and it doubled as good boat gear as well. I really don't want them wading in the surf. Once they got a little older and could swim a little better we got them some neo's. They mainly still fish well up on the beach and only really go deep when they walk around looking for scallops. I found most shops don't carry much "youth" size gear, it has to be ordered so I would do it direct.

John, you need to have a couple more kids so you can pass down this gear and get the full value of it :laughs:

jason
05-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Fin an Feather lodge in North Kingstown might have what your looking for,they told me to bring my son in to try them on and if they didnt have his size they would order them,atleast this way you can see what your buying.