View Full Version : Tornado last night in Hampton, NH

hulkyj61
05-22-2006, 09:09 PM
http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2006/05/22/weather_service_says_hampton_falls_funnel_cloud_wa s_a_tornado/?p1=MEWell_Pos4

This is unreal. A small, rare tornado that touched down on I95 in Hampton, NH. Makes you think twice about going outside to watch a thunderstorm huh?

Pete_G
05-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Anytime a line of thunderstorms takes on the U shape that yesterdays line had the possibility of a tornado and hail greatly increases.

Navy Chief
05-23-2006, 07:26 AM
I saw on the news yesterday that there was a report of a waterspout on Narragansett Bay. I don't think it was confirmed though.

JohnR
05-23-2006, 07:46 AM
I saw on the news yesterday that there was a report of a waterspout on Narragansett Bay. I don't think it was confirmed though.

I saw the same thing and at first I thought it was a waterspout. Sure looked like one coming out of the clouds and down to mid bay. I watched it for 5 minutes as I was driving down a wide road heading generally south thru Warwick - had it been a spout it would have been somewhere between Warwick Light, Quonsett, and Prudence - but it did not look dense enough to be a water spout but looked more like an odd shaped trail of heavy rain coming off a cloud...

Swimmer
05-23-2006, 11:23 AM
You almost burned a spot.:jump: