View Full Version : Cape Cod Tackle, your experience?

Fat Bass
05-24-2006, 08:16 AM
I made an online purchase on Cape Cod Tackle, on the 17th., paid 6.95 for std shipping. I emailed them yesterday morning to check on the status, and then by the afternoon thought I should just call them. I gave my name and order number and when I placed the order. He said he will look into it and call me back, I gave him my work number and ext with voice mail, told him to leave the answer ont he voice mail. Still no reply. Anyone order from them online? whats your experience?

Bronko
05-24-2006, 08:17 AM
You'll be all set! Good guy, good service. He just gets super busy.:kewl:

fishaholic18
05-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Mike at Cape Cod Tackle is top notch, you won't have a problem.
Send him a PM, his screen name is MikeCC.

Fat Bass
05-24-2006, 08:28 AM
thanks! Just nervous, its the first time with them.

luds
05-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Hang in there dude. They do a great job.

Fishpart
05-24-2006, 08:50 AM
I have had nothing but excellent service for almost ten years with both large and smal purchases....................

The Dad Fisherman
05-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Mike is the Best!!

Skitterpop
05-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Mike is family to S-B.com and vice versa.... the best kind.

You should go visit his store.... and bring lots o` money....he just has stuff we all want....

tynan19
05-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Do not worry at all. Mike will take care of you. Excellent service and quality always. Like others have said he runs a fulltime B&T and the Online Catalog so he does get really busy.

reelecstasy
05-24-2006, 12:58 PM
Mike will take great care of you, you have nothing to worry about. Mike and family are top notch... :btu:

chris L
05-24-2006, 03:07 PM
dont worry ....... be happy !

mike will hook you up properly . I have bought on line ... in person ... and even as other people . never an issue ! Mike has a top notch shop and service .

There are 3 or 4 great shops that post regurlarly on this site and all are top notch .

jim sylvester
05-24-2006, 03:15 PM
top notch as goes for all sponsors on this site

mikecc
05-24-2006, 05:49 PM
I replied to your email yesterday instead of calling.

JHABS
05-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Mikey Good Boy......................

partsjay
05-24-2006, 06:05 PM
M & D's is the best.

Mike P
05-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Like others have said he runs a fulltime B&T and the Online Catalog so he does get really busy.

And he's a one-man show on weekdays. He puts in a 12 hour day and has about 30-35 rods to finish, which he tries to do between customers. Often he has to come back and finish a wrap after dinner. His wife and daughter pitch in and help on weekends.

labrax
05-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Just to add my $0.02. My buddy and I ordered from him 1/2 dozen years ago and received SciAngler fly reels from him for 2/3 what we would have gotten them elsewhere. Have been to the store 2x already this year and will definitely be back. Mike's store is well stocked and a very comfortable place to visit. During the last visit - Mike answered my questions on reel parts and was able to quickly install a power handle on a Abu I brought along. While I was looking around Mike's wife and daughter could not have been any nicer to my young daughter. My daugther couldn't wait to tell her Mom about the nice girl she met that showed her a bunch of crabs that were at the store, and the nice lady that liked her nail polish. I think customer service is very high on their list - at least that has been my experience.

If you get a chance to stop by the store you should do it - you will not be disappointed.

Raven
05-25-2006, 03:59 AM
you have absolutely no worries with MikeCC .....rest assured. FB

he's top shelf..... cream of the crop.... go there and you'll see :shocked:

you'll be in fat bass heaven. :btu:

Fungus
05-25-2006, 04:55 AM
I will through in another positive comment.

I have purchased items both online and in person for several years now from Cape Cod Tackle. I have had no negative issues what so ever.

I would agree with everyone else that you have no worries about dealing with Cape Cod Tackle

Surfcastinglife
05-25-2006, 08:36 PM
i've only been in the store once (its like 50 miles away) but i've ordered several times online and have never had any problems with anything. great service and great prices!

Notaro
05-25-2006, 09:13 PM
yup, same here. He is the best. Good prices there, too.

maddog2020
05-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Each time I do go down there I leave with much more than I intend to buy. ;) Must resist buying that reel I don't have or another rod blank.

That reminds me, I need to get down there to piick up some plugs. :)

Typically CCT/M&D's in Wareham has the "best" prices. Worth the trip to go look around and chat w/ lots of hard core fishermen. More often than not, you will always find some guy showing off his newly made plugs.

note to self: don't drive fast in rain w/ bad tires. :P

Flaptail
06-01-2006, 09:23 AM
I deal with a lot of shops. Most shops are area fishery oriented. Some have well meaning kids working for cheap dough that for the most part need a bit more schooling in what a serious angler needs. Mike has what you need and has the experience to go with it which makes your life a lot easier when getting prepared and he is constantly looking for better and current product. Luckily my ride to and from work drives me right by his door everyday. Serious peace of mind in that believe me.

Goose
06-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Great bait and service.

RIROCKHOUND
06-02-2006, 07:26 AM
Amen to everything above..
I was fortunate enough to be working 1-4 days/month in Chatham and everytime I drove by on my way home and Mike was open I ended up losing an hour+ chatting with the regulars, most of whom were on the site. Truly an old school shop, where you could hang out and shoot the breeze with no pressure to walk out loaded with gear (although it always happened)

Mike does A+ work on reels too!

nightprowler
09-01-2006, 02:16 PM
I'm looking to get to M&D's tomorrow morning to check out some rods...with all of the positive things people on this board have said, i figure he is one of my best shots at a quality rod:cheers: ...but i can't find the address on his website anywhere, can anyone tell me how to get there, ill be coming from falmouth...thanks!!!

basswipe
09-01-2006, 02:28 PM
M & D Bait & Tackle
149 Main St
Wareham, MA 02571

(508) 291-0820

Mike P
09-01-2006, 02:48 PM
can anyone tell me how to get there, ill be coming from falmouth...thanks!!!

Exit from 25 after you cross the Bourne Bridge. You can either drive thru Buzzards Bay or take the by-pass. Stay on Cranberry Highway, past the Wal-Mart/Stop&Shop complex, and take the second left (Rte 6 west) after Cranberry Highway turns into a divided road. It's just after the Elks club and the Agawam herring run. Stay on 6 until you start coming into Wareham center. After you cross the RR tracks and the Narrows bridge, Rte 6 bears to the right. You'll be virtually in front of M&Ds at that point.

nightprowler
09-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Exit from 25 after you cross the Bourne Bridge. You can either drive thru Buzzards Bay or take the by-pass. Stay on Cranberry Highway, past the Wal-Mart/Stop&Shop complex, and take the second left (Rte 6 west) after Cranberry Highway turns into a divided road. It's just after the Elks club and the Agawam herring run. Stay on 6 until you start coming into Wareham center. After you cross the RR tracks and the Narrows bridge, Rte 6 bears to the right. You'll be virtually in front of M&Ds at that point.

:thanks: :sled:

justplugit
09-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Nothing to say but good things about Mike's products and quick service. In fact, i can say the same about all the suppliers i've ordered from on S/B. No need to look any further.

JohnR
09-01-2006, 04:38 PM
I think Mike has about a 98% customer satisfaction rate :) - just be sure to get there before Deer season :hee:

mikecc
09-01-2006, 07:21 PM
I think Mike has about a 98% customer satisfaction rate :) - just be sure to get there before Deer season :hee:
1 month 14 days . Then if you can find me your going to have cross hairs on ya.:soon: :buds:

Katie
09-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Mike rules! ordered something from him over the phone, it was here 2 days later.. nothing but great things to say..!

Thanks Mike for it!

Uncle Matt
09-01-2006, 10:59 PM
For years My cousins own a local B&T but I still buy or bought everything from Mike. Fantastic person, quality products and he stands behind everything. I can call Mike tomorrow and he will go out of his way to help me out.

The Dad Fisherman
09-02-2006, 12:34 AM
I drive 85 miles just to deal with Mike....Quality guy with Quality stuff.

NIB
09-02-2006, 03:53 AM
I drive 300 miles.Top notch, cutting edge, full service shop.
Enough said.

Flaptail
09-02-2006, 06:12 AM
No problems there. Mike and company are one of the best shops around and they cater to what a fishermen really needs. I think Mike may have had recently or is about to have his first day off since February, now that's dedication to his customers!:kewl:

Tagger
09-02-2006, 11:26 AM
:btu: I like Mike ,,, all of above and caters to plug builders too .

Skitterpop
09-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Great :cheers:

redneck24
09-02-2006, 06:02 PM
no one better :cheers: