View Full Version : Vineyard trip observations

rickhern
05-24-2006, 09:03 AM
Just regaining my senses after 4 days on the Island with Mac, Mattg, Milo, Bloocrab, Lurch and Joedalton. The fishing was way off, mainly due to unfishable beaches but we managed enough to make it interesting.

A few obsevations:

Milo is a fish magnet
Mattg and Lurch are like two peas in a pod.
Every year I tell myself I don't need 100 plugs but I better bring them just in case.
Mac brings more than I do. And buys more too.(even plastic)
Mung sucks.
Mattg snores.
Mac poops rotten.
Roberts Whistler is a rocket of a plug.
I have never seen someone snap off more plugs with a VS than Lurch.
I am the squidmaster, and since squid are bait, you can draw your own conclusions.
Bluecrab makes the best squid stew imaginable(and he is an amazing artist)
Mac don't eat BAIT!

I am sure you guys can add to the list.

Seriously, had a great time with a group of hardcore fisherman. Mr. Sandman, great meeting you, appreciate the local knowledge. Hope to be back in the fall.

Karl F
05-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Mac poops rotten.

uh.. nice write up,
but...;)
just a tad too much info :hihi:

MAC
05-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Ah, I think he got that wrong. I seem to remember it being Bloo.....:smash:

rickhern
05-24-2006, 01:48 PM
I stand corrected.

Great seeing adult menhaden being harassed by bluefish in Edgartown harbor. Snagged a few that were promptly chopped. Got some blues livelineing squid off the dock.

lurch
05-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Dont bring 12lb test to Wasque fighting a 5-10lb bluefish with 100 other people trying to fish!

bloocrab
05-24-2006, 06:09 PM
:hidin:

:bshake:

:yak:

With a diet of cold cuts, beer, peanut butter & jelly sandwhiches, budweiser, cheezits, beer, squid (quite a few different ways), energy drinks, BEAN burritos and BEER and minimal sleep!!!....What?? you wanted Roses??...

bloocrab
05-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Good time overall -
Thanks to Mr. Sandman for making a visit .. always nice to meet a fishing gentleman.

It was nice meeting all of you,

My observations and things learned,

I don't always have to catch alot of fish to have fun,
The Island gets even bigger on foot,
DON'T FORGET MY HEADLAMP when hopping the rocks on Squibby in the middle of the night,
Whales smell bad when onshore for long periods of time,
I think I found a worthy opponent for squid catching contests,
People actually DO fish during lunch-time hours,
Mattb has a cute fly,
Lurch can cast farther than Arra, especially when the line breaks, :tooth:
Mac likes chic - fishing :D
Joe D has his way with Cephalopods,
Rhern likes to eat squid,
Milo steals ligthers
Mr. Sandman = good guy

Have a safe season fellas --

MAC
05-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Mac likes chic - fishing :D

:rotf3: :rotf3: :rotf3:

Slammer Jr.
05-24-2006, 09:47 PM
You know...you can meet a complete stranger in the middle of the night in the pitch black...and as soon as you find out their into fishing...they feel just like family.

I feel like I just met my long lost brothers on this trip...had a great time...thanks guys!

Mac...thanks for letting me use your Saltiga for my new Lami.

Hope to see you guys next year !

Matt...whats that I Smell :)

Mr. Sandman
05-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Nothing like a 30mph blow and weed to screw up a trip. I wish the conditions were a little nicer for you. I hope to be able to hook up with you guys later this season. Give me a heads up and if I am available I will fish with you.

You're gonna die when I tell you this but they opened the pond the day after you left. :doh: I was not able to fish it until last night and didn't do that much but I heard it was pretty hot for 2 nights right after the open. It was raging coming out of there the mini cliff in the sand created by the moving water had to be over 6'.

OH, that powerPro is tough stuff eh?...I snagged something big and finally got it to the beach.:rotf2:

(40' dead whale)

PS. Mac Thanks for the wood! JM say's thanks too!.

rickhern
05-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Almost forgot,

Mac - Thanks for the plug(s), Waited since December to swim that little parrot Danny and never really had a chance.

Mr Sandman - You are killing me. We met up with an old friend on Monday before we left. He took a 38# three nights earlier at the spot you were going to take us.

Tagger
05-28-2006, 06:28 AM
Mac poops rotten.

didn't know that, but always suspected it ...:hee: