View Full Version : The Next World War

Skitterpop
05-24-2006, 12:09 PM
are we in it or is it ready to blossom in full very soon?

spence
05-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Hasn't started yet, still plenty of time to diffuse the various situations that could explode.

That would of course assume we remove our heads from our asses.

-spence

JohnR
05-24-2006, 12:55 PM
And it might be the Chinese...

fishsmith
05-24-2006, 01:09 PM
China gets oil from Iran, we mess with Iran, and stall that output, look out.

JohnR
05-24-2006, 01:46 PM
China also supplies weapons to Iran, is undertaking a massive upgrade to its surface and undersea fleets, rebuilding a baby carrier, likely for training, and building tons of new missiles of all forms and purposes...

Oh, and they are building relationships that counter our influence all over the world...

Skitterpop
05-24-2006, 02:20 PM
That is the linkage I`m seeing.... U.S. & Israel (with additional countries) and various muslim nations including Iran.................

and CHINA.................................... be a pissa

Karl F
05-24-2006, 02:27 PM
That's a hornets nest, best to leave alone (Chinese, and multiple muslim nations)..
pissah.. I dunno, think it would be toast for us.. we'd be best to become a helluva lot more self-reliant, and closed bordered.....but I don't see either one happening too soon.

Saltheart
05-24-2006, 02:40 PM
The life expectancy of an Iranian mini carrier would be about 20 seconds if serious fighting breaks out.

Sorry I exagerated , only 10 seconds. :)

partsjay
05-24-2006, 02:44 PM
I worry about China and N.Korea....we don't need to go there....I don't think it would be a good thing.

JohnR
05-24-2006, 02:55 PM
The life expectancy of an Iranian mini carrier would be about 20 seconds if serious fighting breaks out.

Sorry I exagerated , only 10 seconds. :)

China, not Iran. Iran does not have the capacity (or realy need) to operate a CV - sheet, they don't have the cpapacity to defend a carrier let alone operate one.

China bought and is refurbishing one of Russia's 2 mid size carriers (comparable in size to French carriers) and are supposedly developing / planning a new CV for the ground up...

Skitterpop
05-24-2006, 03:23 PM
By pissa I meant horrid....by Iran I meant to further inflame all muslim nations and those they supply with oil .... it does`nt look good to me....what will Israel do in the very near future...this could be a catalyst for another world war.

And some believe we are already in a world war or always have been.

Did someone say a huge push of big stripers is upon us?????

my escape .......

Saltheart
05-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Why does China need a carrier? They are already beating our brains out 1 low paying job at a time. Surest way for them to lose is to actually get into a fight with us. That would wake us up.. As long as they steal our wealth , one job at a time , they can't lose.

HighTide
05-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Speaking of China, it looks like they've been busy...
http://www.jeffhead.com/redseadragon/planbuildup.htm

Backbeach Jake
05-24-2006, 04:50 PM
The real pissa is that this administration is borrowing money from China to finance this war in Iraq. Our National Debt is owed to someone you know. China has always been masters at playing both ends against the middle.

gone fishin
05-24-2006, 05:21 PM
As long as we continue to exhaust our current arsenal in the war in Iraq and do not have a plan for replenishing materials and manpower China will be happy with their buildup of weaponry.

If we do have a cold war such as we had with Russa WE LOSE.

The US will not condone a military buildup without a serious threat.

In my opinion we now have a serious threat, but the pols are screwing around trying to protect their asses in the coming elections.
I voted for the current Pres, but feel that he has lost controll of the nation and we are spinning our wheels trying to find a way to put out a crisis and watching our enemys laugh up their sleeves.

We as a country have alienated damn near every friend we had. I recently had an occasion to visit Canada during a youth hocky tournament. They are voicing their opinion about America outright. The kids playing were told that we are agressors and not very nice people. I know Mexico is not too good a neighbor at this time. If our immediate bordering countries are shaky, we need some good diplomacy to get them on our side quickly.

Just my opinion!!:rocketem:

JohnR
05-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Why does China need a carrier? They are already beating our brains out 1 low paying job at a time. Surest way for them to lose is to actually get into a fight with us. That would wake us up.. As long as they steal our wealth , one job at a time , they can't lose.
China "needs" a carrier for the same reasons that every nation empire has needed one, protect the sea lanes of communication - ie trade and resources - and to show the flag.

China also feels that it is approaching it's time at the center of the world stage, that it is approaching the ability to flex its muscles if needed, establish dominance now from Indoenesia, to Taiwan (intersting problem), and to Japan / Korea and later to be the dominant factor from the Indian Ocean to Australia to Hawaii and to the west coast. They also take every opportunity to expand its spheres of influence and to counter the US.

The US, EU, Russia, and Isreal are teaching China everything they want to know and they are s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g it up like a sponge. Russia will sell practically any weapon or technology that China will buy and that will need to do until the EU lists its arm sales halt.

Of course they have all these shiny new toys (and lots of them) but do they have the professional manpower to fight and train with it,..

Speaking of China, it looks like they've been busy...
http://www.jeffhead.com/redseadragon/planbuildup.htm

I read some of his opinion stuff - pretty interesting. Maybe I'll check out the books.

Skitterpop
05-28-2006, 08:05 AM
Israeli jets strike targets in Lebanon

Clammer
05-28-2006, 03:06 PM
That newa on the canadian front is [OLD} When I had a real job ==25 years ago /i worked for a company that had 11 branches & 4 plants in Canada // & except for the Toronto based places -it was a C/F trying to get them to get there s hit together // i descided way back then // that I,d never spend a nickel in Canada =======But the y do Holiday big time in the U>S>A< :musc:

Raven
05-30-2006, 08:07 AM
will bring out the ufo techno-planes that will have no pilots in them...