View Full Version : Found the buried treasure ..

Tagger
05-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Talk about a quest .. these are hoe-less plugs to find .. Finally scored one . minor front hook swing and missing paint ,, wood is solid ... appears to be white cedar.. On the box says Mfg.by Reeal lures inc. 50 Bourne Street .. Three Rivers, Mass .. Is that like New Bedford ? I bet VB has been there,,, left flowers or something ..

PNG
05-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Nice score:btu:
Whats all the writting below "Famous..."?
Any other writting?

Tagger
05-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Nice score:btu:
Whats all the writting below "Famous..."?
Any other writting?
says
"The Missile that guides you to good Striper and other Big Game fish"
Mfg. By Reeal Lures,Inc. 50 Bourne St. Three Rivers, Mass.

Pete F.
05-25-2006, 08:33 AM
Talk about a quest .. these are hoe-less plugs to find .. Finally scored one . minor front hook swing and missing paint ,, wood is solid ... appears to be white cedar.. On the box says Mfg.by Reeal lures inc. 50 Bourne Street .. Three Rivers, Mass .. Is that like New Bedford ? I bet VB has been there,,, left flowers or something ..
My ex grew up in Three Rivers, Its right next to Palmer, Chicopee, etc. Must be Floyd Roman had his shop there at one point.

vineyardblues
05-25-2006, 08:56 AM
3 RIVERS IS IN PALMER MA
Funny ,don't ya think. That would be a long drive to the canal to fish with his friends Stan and Bob:bl:
Gas must of been cheaper back in the late 30's and 40's
Or did he ride a horse? I bet CS remembers back in the hay day :angel:

Congrat's Tager on the Nike :call:

VB

Pete F.
05-25-2006, 11:15 AM
I thought the other address was right around there also?
Stripers are in Holyoke right around the corner, Al Gags is from that area. I don't think all the striper fisherman were from Worcester?

capesams
05-25-2006, 12:00 PM
3 RIVERS IS IN PALMER MA
Funny ,don't ya think. That would be a long drive to the canal to fish with his friends Stan and Bob:bl:
Gas must of been cheaper back in the late 30's and 40's
Or did he ride a horse? I bet CS remembers back in the hay day :angel:

Congrat's Tager on the Nike :call:

VB

more like 3-4 day ride an camp over......he** it took all day just from get from chatham to harwich....da* dirt cow path..chatham had NO TREE's but the 6 on main st....dang bush hugger's ,,save the weed's..grass as far as you could see...2-3-4 masted bot's roundin the sands...saltwater dryin in shallow tray's fa salt...omg I miss them day's of simple...o ya! twirnt no cape with a river runnin threw it neither.

ps...what the heck was in a floyd skin diver box??

Pete F.
05-25-2006, 02:02 PM
I'd betcha that they took the train. Heres a topo from 1929http://historical.maptech.com/getImage.cfm?fname=well93ne.jpg&state=MA