View Full Version : keeping it together..

Nebe
05-28-2006, 05:31 PM
alright, for those who know me, i am a complete slob when it comes to storing my tackle. I basically have a giant pile of plugs in the back of my truck that i de-tangle every night before i go fishing... but no more.. I gotta get organized.

for those who are more organized than me (probably all of you) how do you store your gear???

I know once i get organized, my life will be easier.

mikcrates with tubes??? I hate plano boxes :huh:

thefishingfreak
05-28-2006, 05:35 PM
milk crate with flourescent light covers.
easy pickins

site looks good btw

Nebe
05-28-2006, 05:48 PM
thanks freak :D

where do you get those tubes???

thefishingfreak
05-28-2006, 05:49 PM
homies.. flourescent saftey covers.
thank jonny on sol:scatter:

Nebe
05-28-2006, 05:54 PM
sweet.. I'll pick some up tomorrow...

going to Block island for a week and a half on tuesday & need to have my sh$t together.. :ss:

will be binging 30 or 40 black salties over there too :hee:

hudguy
05-28-2006, 06:28 PM
For most plugs the tubes NJ Tackle sells are better. They have bottoms. You can double up on things like needles too.

tattoobob
05-28-2006, 06:30 PM
If you weren't leaving so soon you could have gotten the square tubes from NJ Tackle, I beleave John said he was going to bring some up next time he comes.

shadow
05-28-2006, 10:26 PM
I use the plastic storage bins that I put pvc tubes in, I'll tape them together as well as tape the bottoms,imo there better then milk crates as they have tops so to help keep my gear hidden as well If someone looks in my truck.Allso I don't fill the bins allup with tubes so I can have room in them for leader spools,and my other extra termanel tackle.

NIB
05-29-2006, 02:37 AM
U have seen my set up.I like tennis ball containers.A guy who used to be my friend is a teaching pro.when they would change the balls out they tro away cases of containers.a case fits perfectly in a milkrate. u can fill em an stack em.Right now the back of my truck looks like the back of ur truck times ten.

Pete F.
05-29-2006, 07:18 AM
milkcrates with vac tube. I put a piece of plexi in the bottom of the milkcrate so when a plug falls down it does'nt get hooked on the bottom of the crate.
Mine are already to go, why I need three crates of plugs is my wifes question.
I think next weekend the fish in Maine might finally be bigger than the fish in VT.

Backbeach Jake
05-29-2006, 07:47 AM
Milk crate, cut the bottom out of plastic water bottles. Use big and little ones, the little ones fill the spaces.

derf
05-29-2006, 08:16 AM
i'm thinking about trying these :

Nebe
05-29-2006, 08:21 AM
Yo derf... where did you find those???

Jenn
05-29-2006, 08:53 AM
You mean your NOT SUPPOSED to mess around untangling your gear when a school of fish is feeding in front of you?:sick:

Sorry wish I could help but I still havent found a way to keep it all straight either....

derf
05-29-2006, 09:38 AM
Yo derf... where did you find those???

i found them at work ... still hunting for a 'retailer' where i don't have to buy a case lot or a $500 min. order . here is a link with more info ..
http://www.materialflow.com/Lewis-Dividable-Grid-Containers.htm#DB

hope it's ok to post that here :hidin: :)

Springtides
05-29-2006, 09:54 AM
meat boxes @ stop and shop work great for things like waders, belts, boots etc. They soak up quite a bit of moisture, have hand holds, and are designed to hold 40 to fifty pounds. Endless supply.

Rob Rockcrawler
05-29-2006, 10:43 AM
I use a rubbermaid with pieces of trim wood going across it with holes drilled every 2-3 inches. Further for plugs closer for rubber and bucks. Works pretty good.

Nebe
05-29-2006, 12:52 PM
i found them at work ... still hunting for a 'retailer' where i don't have to buy a case lot or a $500 min. order . here is a link with more info ..
http://www.materialflow.com/Lewis-Dividable-Grid-Containers.htm#DB

hope it's ok to post that here :hidin: :)

Derf... you the man. When i get the time after my trip, i am going to call them and order a few boxes. dividers and lids. They look perfect- thanks a bunch :humpty:

derf
05-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Derf... you the man. When i get the time after my trip, i am going to call them and order a few boxes. dividers and lids. They look perfect- thanks a bunch :humpty:

let me know when ya get back ..:)
do not order from that link !! they only sell by the case lot and have a $500 minium !!
i'm e-mailing a sales rep for the company ; trying to work something out ;)
they do look perfect , hummm 1 for tins , 1 for small wood ,1 for large wood , 1 for bombers ..........
opps !! almost forgot .... 1 for plastic :)
derf

Striperknight
05-29-2006, 04:45 PM
If you do the milk crate way and punch holes in bottom of the plastic ...It makes it easy to rinse off your plugs after use.

Nebe
05-29-2006, 05:38 PM
let me know when ya get back ..:)
do not order from that link !! they only sell by the case lot and have a $500 minium !!
i'm e-mailing a sales rep for the company ; trying to work something out ;)
they do look perfect , hummm 1 for tins , 1 for small wood ,1 for large wood , 1 for bombers ..........
opps !! almost forgot .... 1 for plastic :)
derf

you read my mind :D oh no wait.. one more for soft plastic :hee: